What do you guys think of Pastor Benny Hinn?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wakka I am sorry I have to say this but I think he is a fake. Ive seen several ministers take him to task.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I think that He is an awesome Man of God, I've been to many of his meetings and people really do get healed. I don't believe in some of his presentations. But I do believe that he has a heart after God.His book Good Morning Holy Spirit, is an awesome testamony of all that he had to perservere by being raised in a Jewish home.I believe that he genuienly loves Jesus!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
See, I never really can know. Half the people say he's legitimate, others say he's fake. I'm going to have to go with jodycour, and until I see some evidence that he's fake, I'm going to believe. However, I do not like that he sells stuff in the end. Like he's some kind of merchant. But I saw his show last night, and I have to say that letter opener he was selling looked really awesome.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(Wakka;12901)
See, I never really can know. Half the people say he's legitimate, others say he's fake. I'm going to have to go with jodycour, and until I see some evidence that he's fake, I'm going to believe. However, I do not like that he sells stuff in the end. Like he's some kind of merchant. But I saw his show last night, and I have to say that letter opener he was selling looked really awesome.
Well, he is on US tour right now. he just had his services in ATL and will be traveling thru big cities within this summer. Wakka, if you're close to any bigger City - go visit his service... Check it our for yourself. Go upfront like those people do and see what you feel and what happens. Some say all the people who go upfront are hired and some people I know say they experienced the 'fall' and 'healing' So I can't really be sure about him just from hearing info from other people.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Tama right Wakka you have to decide these things for yourself There has never been to my knowledge any medical proof he ever healed anyone. (like exrays or the such) and he has been around many years.He has been called to task many times for having people fake healings. And many ministers havecritized him for this. but in the End its your choice.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I'm sure that there are many people that might fake they're healings just to get national tv exposure, but I don't believe that he would be directly involved in such a thing. why would he need to.From my personal experience. He has a lot of his ministry teams that pray for people before the services actually start, and then they come up to testify of their heallings.like Tama said, go see and experience for your self!

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Wakka,Another Minister, that goes to your area very often is Kim Clement.He is a Prophet, that is from east Africa.I've personally never experienced anyone as accurate as he has been.You can visit his website at: www.kimclement.comI've actually seen him call out people by their name and times and dates of things that happened that he could'nt have known.This was when he came to a small town before he became popular, and I know personally that he couldn't have known these things.God uses him mightly. He prophecied to the President of the United States concerning Hurricane Katrina, 9 monthes before it happened.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The thing is Wakka is if you what to go see anyone like this is goJust because you go see them does mean you have to believe their gift. It does not mean they may not have something to say. Just Dont be gulliable and believe everything you see and hear because there are fakes out there. So its ok to be skeptical.Everything that appears holy is not. This is called learning discernment. Even though I dont believe Benny Hinn is a healer in the sense of healing phsyical aliments doesnt mean he hasnt inspired faith in some that needed it and faith itself can be a healer

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(kriss;12916)
Even though I dont believe Benny Hinn is a healer in the sense of healing phsyical aliments doesnt mean he hasnt inspired faith in some that needed it and faith itself can be a healer
Actually this is how healing works anyways. You help people believe and receive healing. We all know he couldn't actually heal someone but if he helps someone to get healed. That counts. But I'm not impressed with any 'famous' preachers, evalgelists, pastors, prophets that are finance-driven. I don't like the whole 'show strategy' to promote their organizations and collect moneys.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree completetley Tama when you get big money involved we have seen many, many famous people fall from grace. The bigger the organization the more people involved the more coruption you find. Give me the little guys anyday

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Yeah, but that money goes somewhere. He trains and funds missionaries. He also teaches people about demonology and things people may encounter. So maybe he isn't even getting very much at all. But I'm sure God would bless him with everything he needs.

Brett

May 25, 2007
Benny im not sorry to say, sort of, is an evil deluder who will one day pay the ultimate price for his evil deceptions. None of his theory holds water and nearly all of his ireverent practices are not able to be substantiated by the Word. The tree, the fruit, his are rotten.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
See, this is how it becomes harder to trust a person because of their fruits. When money gets involved I alway leads myself to this Bible verse and move on.I Timothy 6:10 - For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;12931)
Yeah, but that money goes somewhere. He trains and funds missionaries. He also teaches people about demonology and things people may encounter. So maybe he isn't even getting very much at all. But I'm sure God would bless him with everything he needs.
Wakka he gets plenty he and his organization have been investigated more than once. He has been around for over twenty years you may not have heard of him but plenty of us have. And as I said in twenty some yearsthere has never been a qualified/documented healing. I dont completely agree with the idea you have to have faith to be healed. Jesus and the Aspostles healed many non believers that after words became believers.I think faith can heal, but Jesus heals whom he will,for his reasons.Remember Paul the Christian presecutor. To me I feel about healers the same way I do about confession why do you need a man to go between you and and God ? You are his child. do you think he will do more if you ask another to go to him in your place? It is not Mr. Hinn that has any power it is from the Lord. Do you trust a stranger to ask God for what you could ask of him yourself?

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
The reason that people go to people like Benny Hinn is that usually they don't have the faith themselves to be healled so if they see some one else get healed by this man they come to him because obviously he has the faith to pray for them. The money part is between Him and God, not people who are just envious!