what do you make of this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why does it have to be God in control of everything when the whole world from every culture since the beginning of man has spoken about gods, angels, demons, and Satan? Even the Buddha speak about the realm of angry spirits. This the invisible society of spirits do seem to be behind much that occurs in the physical world.
Why do you think the tribes of Israel were overcome by Assyria and Babylon and led away captive? Because they rebelled against God by practicing paganism. They were unfaithful to God, giving credence to false beliefs and worshipping false gods.

• Jeremiah 11:10: “They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, who refused to hear my words. They have gone after other gods to serve them. The house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant that I made with their fathers.”

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading it in broader context. I'll quote another version, the Revised English Bible. Doesn't that match with what the KJV is also saying?

"With God are wisdom and power, to him belong counsel and understanding.’ If he pulls down, there is no rebuilding; if he imprisons, there is no release. If he holds back the waters, there is drought; if he lets them loose, the earth is overwhelmed. Strength and success belong to him, deceived and deceiver are his to use." (Job 12:13-16 REB)

God is all powerful and infinitely wise. He can do all of those things listed, so "deceived and deceiver are his to use" for his overall purpose.
The imprisoned are not released? Only Satan is to be bound for a 1000 years and then released for a season. So it would be Job may have spoken prematurely.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think the tribes of Israel were overcome by Assyria and Babylon and led away captive? Because they rebelled against God by practicing paganism. They were unfaithful to God, giving credence to false beliefs and worshipping false gods.

• Jeremiah 11:10: “They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, who refused to hear my words. They have gone after other gods to serve them. The house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant that I made with their fathers.”

I thought this post was talking about God bringing to pass both good and evil. And I'm saying God does not bring the evil. The evil comes from the dark spirits that are here.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought this post was talking about God bringing to pass both good and evil. And I'm saying God does not bring the evil. The evil comes from the dark spirits that are here.
Yet WHO allows it . GOD DOES . GOD allowed nebb to reak havoc upon the people . BUT the fault was not on THE LORD
WHY DID GOD allow it . THEY rejected him . PS , budda is of the devil . as are all other religoins .
Just a friendly reminder . The DIRE NEED to believe on JESUS CHRIST is a MUST PREACH to all

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are making their bed with this love unifying lie that does gather the world and her religoins to work as and to be as one ,
WILL REAP the WHIRLWIND of total destruction upon themselves .
ITS TIME to preach to the world, the DIRE NEED to repent and to believe on JESUS CHRIST . cause false love and false hope saveth none .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They would honor other gods and yet THEY would still come to the HOUSE of GOD and lip HIS name .
DOES THIS SOUND familiar . IT SHOULD cause it is happening TODAY big time under a false all inclusive
lie . They try and lip the name of GOD and of CHRIST and yet are teaching
the people GOD is fine with all religoins and with certain sins they call love . THIS AINT GONNA BODE WELL for them
ON the day of the LORD . THEN shall they cry , but their all inclusive love god wont be able to save them .
The devil cannot save folks from the wrath of GOD . HE only decieves folks right into a lie that will damn them all .

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet WHO allows it . GOD DOES . GOD allowed nebb to reak havoc upon the people . BUT the fault was not on THE LORD
WHY DID GOD allow it . THEY rejected him . PS , budda is of the devil . as are all other religoins .
Just a friendly reminder . The DIRE NEED to believe on JESUS CHRIST is a MUST PREACH to all
The origin of evil among the cosmic powers is much like the origin of evil among human beings. And this is why the Jews saw no need to investigate the matter further (even if such an investigation were possible). The Jews knew only that both cosmic powers and humans were free to choose to obey or to disobey and that it was not God's fault if either of them disobeyed. Those who lived at the time of the first century (when the New Testament Scriptures were first starting to be spoken) had always thought of the problem of evil in the context of spiritual warfare. They understood the world was caught up in a cosmic battle and thus is saturated with horrifying suffering and evil. No one prior to Augustine, suspected that above this freely generated warfare there existed an even more fundamental explanation whereby an all-good and all-determination blueprint existed in the mind and will of God.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lines up with Isaiah.
God tells us he is the darkness and the light,the evil and the good. He is all things.

Of course.
One creator. All that exists can only be of and from Creator.

It’s almost like there is more to Him, than meets the eye.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With regard to that Omniscience and Job's trials? How so?
It's just like with us.

1 Peter 1:6-7 KJV
6) Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Verse 7, the trial of your faith, is literally "that the proving of your faith . . ." God knows the truth of your faith, but you endure trials so that you will know the reality of your faith. You will find it is true even after begin put to the test.

Much love!

Reactions: Gabriel _Arch

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was addressing what appears to be syncretism

Act 4:10-12 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. (11) This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. (12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Definition of Syncretism sourced by BingChat

According to the Oxford Dictionary, syncretism is “the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought” 1. Syncretism involves the merging or assimilation of several originally discrete traditions, especially in the theology and mythology of religion, thus asserting an underlying unity and allowing for an inclusive approach to other faiths 2.

For example, syncretism can occur when two or more religions or cultures come into contact with each other and begin to share beliefs, practices, or rituals. This can result in the creation of a new religious or cultural identity that incorporates elements from both traditions 2.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the premise the Hebrews rationalised from was that God was responsible for everything, both good and bad.
They didn't know about Satan as a malignant player, they considered him as we would consider a prosecutor; one whose job is to bring out the truth.
Jesus corrected this view by telling us plainly that God is self sacrificing as he demonstrated and that it is Satan who is the evil one who is responsible for evil and death.
Not in the Isaiah 45 scripture. Just the opposite.

But if that comforts you to believe,so be it.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just like with us.

1 Peter 1:6-7 KJV
6) Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Verse 7, the trial of your faith, is literally "that the proving of your faith . . ." God knows the truth of your faith, but you endure trials so that you will know the reality of your faith. You will find it is true even after begin put to the test.

Much love!
The trials being made possible because God lets Satan be lord of our world.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here's something:
The trials being made possible because God lets Satan be lord of our world.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's something:

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."
1John 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.