What Do You Picture Heaven to Be Like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides being with Jesus and my friends and family,.. I picture Heaven to be a place where you can play with kittens and puppies whenever you want to, eat as many sweets as you want without having to vomit, seeing beautiful gardens and waterfalls, and living in beautiful white mansions with either beautiful backyards and beaches by them and always being bathed in sunshine and seeing beautiful rainbow colors. :) While also being able to ride the rainbows and walk the streets of gold. :D (Just using my imagination on this one.)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being in heaven might as being in the innocence of a child without any angry, cruel or intolerant interference of supposedly mature adults and older children.

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." Matt 18:3-5

I remember some peaceful times as a child playing alone in the midst of my innocent imagination. I really did not want to grow up. I was a strong Peter Pan fan long before I knew Jesus. But grow up I did. In heaven, adulthood as we know it may never be thrust upon us against our will. Could then this for us be God's will?

Reactions: Azim and April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being in heaven might as being in the innocence of a child without any angry, cruel or intolerant interference of supposedly mature adults and older children.

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me." Matt 18:3-5

I remember some peaceful times as a child playing alone in the midst of my innocent imagination. I really did not want to grow up. I was a strong Peter Pan fan long before I knew Jesus. But grow up I did. In heaven, adulthood as we know it may never be thrust upon us against our will. Could then this for us be God's will?

1. I love Peter Pan and I don't plan on growing up anyways. :D

2. Come on you can do better than that this is mostly a fun thread and I'm looking for imaginative answers and I know that you can use your imagination. ;)

Reactions: amadeus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Serious answers are allowed too but let's have fun as well. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and also I would like an amusement park rides as well since I love theme parks!! Especially Walt Disney World, even though I already know that Heaven's going to be a LOT better!! :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. I love Peter Pan and I don't plan on growing up anyways. :D

In spite of the complaints about Peter Pan and a few other fictitious creatures, I, to this day, enjoy sitting watching the original Peter Pan movie version. Seriously, when my classmates at school were wanting to hurry up and grow up and would make fun of anyone still playing with kids toys, I wanted to stay a kid. I did not have many, or any, friends then because my world was one of make-believe and no one I knew wanted to share. I could not get away with it at school, but at home no one interfered with my day dreams often. The one exception was my older brother who break into my dream and cause me to do something I was never good at... getting angry. At times I hated that guy. We get along OK today, but he lives in Oregon and I live in Oklahoma. LOL

2. Come on you can do better than that this is mostly a fun thread and I'm looking for imaginative answers and I know that you can use your imagination. ;)

My imagination was where I lived in my early years sitting on the floor alone with with hundreds of marbles giving them the roles of people for hours at the time in my dream world. That was the best there was, but today I am heading home to an even better place. Heaven?

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him? I Cor 2:9

Streets of gold and gates of pearl? In the material sense I don't care about those things, but being comfortable is a good thing. Here in my present old flesh I might find comfort in a long sleep without pain or insomnia, but looking back a few years I consider the love I had developed of the game of tennis. Wouldn't it be nice to have the strength and energy to do something like that with someone who enjoyed it as I did as often as we liked and as long as we liked?

Wouldn't it be nice to sit with good friends drinking beer and eating pizza without ever losing control to drunkeness and painful headaches the next day?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have no idea what God has in store for us...

But when I consider what He has shown us..

The universe, the moon, the sunrise, the sunset, the birds, the trees...

My parents, my brothers, my friends..

My wife, my children...

His miraculous healing of my child...

I know it will be glorious!

Peace be with you!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides being with Jesus and my friends and family,.. I picture Heaven to be a place where you can play with kittens and puppies whenever you want to, eat as many sweets as you want without having to vomit, seeing beautiful gardens and waterfalls, and living in beautiful white mansions with either beautiful backyards and beaches by them and always being bathed in sunshine and seeing beautiful rainbow colors. :) While also being able to ride the rainbows and walk the streets of gold. :D (Just using my imagination on this one.)

That's sounds close, only you forgot the worship services. Supposedly there are amphitheater's throughout Paradise where great worship services are held, and also preaching services where the revelations and glories of God are revealed.

But I tend to think of finally being with those I ministered to and who ministered to me, getting together at house parties with everyone there and celebrating on a regular basis. There's also some I look forward to seeing face to face, and spending quality time with. And I wanna see my animals again. And I wanna honor my God, by serving Him for all eternity, in whatever job He gives me to do.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's sounds close, only you forgot the worship services. Supposedly there are amphitheater's throughout Paradise where great worship services are held, and also preaching services where the revelations and glories of God are revealed.

I hear you loud and clear,.. this will be my worship service. :cool: (After all since there is no sleep in Heaven they've got to keep people awake. :D)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you loud and clear,.. this will be my worship service. :cool: (After all since there is no sleep in Heaven they've got to keep people awake. :D)

He's gonna be there alright, LoL.

I prefer seeing the musicians play, however. They're the ones actually making it happen. :)

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also imagine the angels might sing this when I enter the pearly gates. Right after I say "I know we're all dead up here but so is the music! Come on and speed it up a bit!" :cool: