What do you think about when you hear the Wrath of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 1:18-32 define it as 'giving them over' ie, respecting their choices and not hindering the consequences of them. The expression, 'giving them over' appears three times; v24, v26 and v28.
Another way of saying it is, men push God's protection away leaving them open to the consequences of their choices described between vs 28-32.

Reactions: Josho

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:18-32 define it as 'giving them over' ie, respecting their choices and not hindering the consequences of them. The expression, 'giving them over' appears three times; v24, v26 and v28.
Another way of saying it is, men push God's protection away leaving them open to the consequences of their choices described between vs 28-32.

That is interesting to read from the Apostle Paul for an age at that time as a judgment against those who had put Jesus Christ to death.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is interesting to read from the Apostle Paul for an age at that time as a judgment against those who had put Jesus Christ to death.
It relates to the fact that 'all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God'. And so we need a Saviour.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When we read the word 'judgement' we assume God has a negative attitude towards 'sinners' because we have a negative attitude toward sinners.
God's judgement is in fact liberation ...one of forgiveness.
Negative judgement is one of our own doing.......we reap as consequence of choices deliberately made.

As an example consider Adam. He became subject to death as a consequence of his own choice.....not because God laid it on him.

Put your hand in the meat grinder and you'll loose your fingers......and not because God is punishing you!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Future judgement from God upon all who reject Christ.

That is one view. The view I have been handed over to is that in context the wrath of God would be poured out on the nation of Israel for they poured their wrath and envy on the Messiah, the Son of God killing him.

Some say Jesus bore the wrath but that is a lie.

God is righteous and our judge.

that is the scariest part about the Bible. He is perfect, we are not, and He is judge.

It is scary to be judged by God- he sees our heart and from an example my teacher taught when it comes to our individual judgment day we will be stripped bare naked in a sense in which God will completely examine the heart of an individual. Very sobering thought.

It relates to the fact that 'all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God'. And so we need a Saviour.

I am not convinced that is the case.

I remember the example of God's wrath, Sodom and Gomorrah.

Thank you for sharing, in essence this reminds me of how we as human beings can fall into darkness destroying ourselves Lance. There was only what 10 faithful? Maybe less in that area. They say from the Thompson chain book for sodom and gohmmra is where the Dead Sea is at interesting due to the wife of lot turning into a pillar of salt.

It can very much relate in how Jerusalem was destroyed in a similar fashion in 70Ad.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one view. The view I have been handed over to is that in context the wrath of God would be poured out on the nation of Israel for they poured their wrath and envy on the Messiah, the Son of God killing him.

Some say Jesus bore the wrath but that is a lie.
I would like to hear your thoughts on why Jesus did not bear Gods wrath. And what scriptures you base that upon. Thanks !

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To paraphrase the verse: do you equal and meet the glory of a holy God?

Farouk, please listen closely to what I’m fixing to say.

New Christians today are handed a New Testament Bible without the Old Testament. They read it, and they hear it taught that everything applies to them. They may not even be given the chance of understanding the context or the dating of the writings.

Before I ever understood those things I was so judgmental towards others as a Christian harboring hate even so as a Christian and looked down upon others until the truth came about.

When the reality is, you can read the Bible and apply things to one’s individual self by the spirit.

I come from the aspect of Jesus having the victory and having already come back and the wrath of God was poured out on the nation of Israel in 70Ad and it can proven in the Bible itself.

Now as I stated people today preach “The wrath of God abides on people today” that is simply not true and that is the reality you have to either face or reject.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hebrews 1 says that the Lord Jesus 'by Himself purged our sins'.

This presupposes the immense need for sins to be purged at the Cross. And our dependence on His doing exactly that in a perfect way for time and for eternity.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chris,
It’s not in the Bible. It is a man made myth.
I agree but 99% of Christendom teaches Jesus bore Gods wrath on the cross . It’s taught in every church . The doctrine is called PSA- Penal Substitutionary Atonement.

Reactions: Angelina

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree but 99% of Christendom teaches Jesus bore Gods wrath on the cross . It’s taught in every church . The doctrine is called PSA- Penal Substitutionary Atonement.

Give me a verse in the Bible that stated that he did and I would believe that 99% my brother.

If they teach it they are teaching a lie. And they may not understand it is a lie.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me a verse in the Bible that stated that he did and I would believe that 99% my brother.

If they teach it they are teaching a lie. And they may not understand it is a lie.
Are you familiar with PSA ?

And the various theories of the atonement ?