What does born again mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Does It Mean to Be Born Again?
The Bible’s answer
The term “born again” refers to a new beginning in the relationship between God and the person who is born again. (John 3:3, 7) God adopts those born again as his children. (Romans 8:15, 16; Galatians 4:5; 1 John 3:1) Similar to those who are legally adopted, they experience a change of status, becoming part of God’s family.—2 Corinthians 6:18.
Why is a person born again?

Jesus said: “Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) So being born again prepares a person to rule with Christ in God’s Kingdom. This Kingdom rules from heaven, so the Bible describes the “new birth” as providing an inheritance that is “reserved in the heavens.” (1 Peter 1:3, 4) Those who are born again are given the conviction that they will “rule together as kings” with Christ.—2 Timothy 2:12; 2 Corinthians 1:21, 22.
How is a person born again?

When Jesus discussed the subject, he said that those born again would be “born from water and spirit.” (John 3:5) This expression refers to baptism in water followed by baptism with holy spirit.—Acts 1:5; 2:1-4.

Jesus was the first person to be born again. He was baptized in the Jordan River, after which God anointed (or, baptized) him with holy spirit. Jesus was thus born again by holy spirit as a son of God with the hope of returning to life in heaven. (Mark 1:9-11) God fulfilled this hope by resurrecting Jesus as a spirit creature.—Acts 13:33.

Others who are born again are also baptized in water before they receive the holy spirit. (Acts 2:38, 41) They then have the sure hope of life in heaven, which God will fulfill in the resurrection.—1 Corinthians 15:42-49.

Misconceptions about being born again
Misconception: A person must be born again to gain salvation or to be a Christian.
Fact: Christ’s sacrifice provides salvation not only for those who are born again as the ones who will rule with Christ in heaven but also for the earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom. (1 John 2:1, 2; Revelation 5:9, 10) That second group of Christians have the opportunity to live forever in Paradise on earth.—Psalm 37:29; Matthew 6:9, 10; Revelation 21:1-5.

Misconception: A person can choose to be born again.
Fact: The opportunity to have a relationship with God and gain salvation is open to all. (1 Timothy 2:3, 4; James 4:8) However, God chooses those who will be born again, or anointed with holy spirit. According to the Bible, being born again “depends, not on a person’s desire or on his effort, but on God.” (Romans 9:16) The expression “born again” can also be rendered “born from above,” confirming that the selection of those who are born again comes “from above,” or from God.—John 3:3, footnote.
[FOOTNOTE]
One exception was the case of Cornelius and those with him.—Acts 10:44-48.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What should I think concern every Christian here are the wolves who adamantly oppose God's word under the guise of arguing Exegesis.

For example. Those who insist born again, redeemed, people are still sinners who sin while indwelt by God's holy spirit after coming into faith and being baptized.

They argue that is what 1 John 1 and the Apostle is teaching. Of course they are exposed in their agenda promoting falsehood and slandering John and Christ's death on the cross by 1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

We know the OP answer. Why do we entertain disciples of the father of lies? And continually, sometimes for years, argue with them thinking we'll change their mind when they continually blaspheme the Gospel and defend Satan's doctrine that is not only heresy but is antithetical to righteousness and the actual Gospel?

It's like diseased rats in the church. If you keep feeding them attention and overlook their rat status they stay. They're encouraged yours is a church that tolerates diseased rats.
Eventually, some people can be made sick just due to proximity.

We are to walk as children of light. Not make candles and plant them on the church floor so the diseased rats are able to continue to trail behind us as our attention gives life and encouragement to their darkness.

(edited 8's for "I")

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible’s answer
The term “born again” refers to a new beginning in the relationship between God and the person who is born again. (John 3:3, 7) God adopts those born again as his children. (Romans 8:15, 16; Galatians 4:5; 1 John 3:1) Similar to those who are legally adopted, they experience a change of status, becoming part of God’s family.—2 Corinthians 6:18.

Jesus said: “Unless anyone is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) So being born again prepares a person to rule with Christ in God’s Kingdom. This Kingdom rules from heaven, so the Bible describes the “new birth” as providing an inheritance that is “reserved in the heavens.” (1 Peter 1:3, 4) Those who are born again are given the conviction that they will “rule together as kings” with Christ.—2 Timothy 2:12; 2 Corinthians 1:21, 22.

When Jesus discussed the subject, he said that those born again would be “born from water and spirit.” (John 3:5) This expression refers to baptism in water followed by baptism with holy spirit.—Acts 1:5; 2:1-4.

Jesus was the first person to be born again. He was baptized in the Jordan River, after which God anointed (or, baptized) him with holy spirit. Jesus was thus born again by holy spirit as a son of God with the hope of returning to life in heaven. (Mark 1:9-11) God fulfilled this hope by resurrecting Jesus as a spirit creature.—Acts 13:33.

Others who are born again are also baptized in water before they receive the holy spirit. (Acts 2:38, 41) They then have the sure hope of life in heaven, which God will fulfill in the resurrection.—1 Corinthians 15:42-49.

Misconception: A person must be born again to gain salvation or to be a Christian.
Fact: Christ’s sacrifice provides salvation not only for those who are born again as the ones who will rule with Christ in heaven but also for the earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom. (1 John 2:1, 2; Revelation 5:9, 10) That second group of Christians have the opportunity to live forever in Paradise on earth.—Psalm 37:29; Matthew 6:9, 10; Revelation 21:1-5.

Fact: The opportunity to have a relationship with God and gain salvation is open to all. (1 Timothy 2:3, 4; James 4:8) However, God chooses those who will be born again, or anointed with holy spirit. According to the Bible, being born again “depends, not on a person’s desire or on his effort, but on God.” (Romans 9:16) The expression “born again” can also be rendered “born from above,” confirming that the selection of those who are born again comes “from above,” or from God.—John 3:3, footnote.
[FOOTNOTE]

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus was the first person to be born again. .

Jesus was not born again.
What is this blasphemy against the Holy Spirit you are trying to preach. ?

Listen, Jesus is GOD, in a Virgin's womb.
Do you not understand this, Robert?
So....Does Jesus, who is God manifested in the FLESH< born of a Virgin, need to be born again?

Are you theologically nutz?
Are you demon possessed, as what you have said about God the Son, is what a devil would teach about Christ The Lord, on a forum like this one.
Look at what you have said about God the Son.

Listen....Jesus would need to be born again, if he is a sinner, who needs to be saved.
Is Jesus a sinner?
You just said He was..... and needed to be born again.....as was, according to YOU.

So, im not sure what Christ dishonoring Denomination has created you, but, really......you need to leave it.
And not in a few weeks.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible’s answer

[FOOTNOTE]

So basically, Jesus lied a lot; isn't that not what you are saying?

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Salvation is simple because the gospel is simple for why little children are free to come to him for all they can do is believe Jesus at His word.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? 13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Salvation is simple because the gospel is simple for why little children are free to come to him for all they can do is believe Jesus at His word.
Those who would work in an indirect manner in order to avoid the rules knocking them crosseyed as they say in a round about manner, Jesus lied a lot , are numerous.

They're expending that effort now. Later they'll regret it for eternity.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should I think concern every Christian here are the wolves who adamantly oppose God's word under the guise of arguing Exegesis.

For example. Those who insist born again, redeemed, people are still sinners who sin while 8ndwelt by God's holy spirit after coming 8nto faith and being baptized.

They argue that is what 1 John 1 and the Apostle is teaching. Of course they are exposed in their agenda promoting falsehood and slandering John and Christ's death on the cross by 1 John 3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

We know the OP answer. Why do we entertain disciples of the father of lies? And continually, sometimes for years, argue with them thinking we'll change their mind when they continually blaspheme the Gospel and defend Satan's doctrine that is not only heresy but is antithetical to righteousness and the actual Gospel?

It's like diseased rats in the church. If you keep feeding them attention and overlook their rat status they stay. They're encouraged yours is a church that tolerates diseased rats.

We are to walk as children of light. Not make candles and plant them on the church floor so the diseased rats are able to continue to trail behind us as our attention gives life and encouragement to their darkness.

Do sinners need Jesus Christ to deliver them from their bondage to sin and to death or not?

Then why ask sinners to do something in repenting from all sins before coming to Jesus Christ when it is not in their power to do it?

Eternal life should not be the only hope in Christ that sinners hear but to hope in Him to deliver them from their sins and so repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how they get born again of the Spirit, while hoping in Him to deliver them from their sins & keeping them from them.

Living this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ by looking to the author & finisher of our faith daily to help us lay aside every weight & sin is how we walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

The apostle John in the Book of 1 John was not exposing fake believers but those who profess Him and yet walking in darkness without repentance as not abiding in Him. To say John was condemning any believer that sins is not the message when John made sure of that by these words below.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I recognize the need to make sure sinners that seek God know that Jesus Christ can deliver them from their sins and not just come to Him fir eternal life by believing in Him.

But I also recognize that if we can never sin again at all, then we would be perfect but we are not. To infer we can never sin again is to deny the race for why we look to Him daily to help us lay aside ever weight & sin.

Warnings are given to believers so we do not sow to the flesh in reaping corruptions nor make provisions for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof. So the professing believers out there that do sin, need not give up, but ask for forgiveness and His help not to do it again. That is living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That is what it means to follow Him as His disciples.

You need to make sure your message does not convince believers to give up following Jesus or believing in Him when they sin. If you are not just talking about habitual sinning or living in sin but any sin at all, then you need to ask Jesus if you should be saying that, because He taught His disciples to pray to the Father daily asking for forgiveness of our trespasses or our debts as we are to forgive others with a warning. Matthew 6:9-15

If you need His help to clarify your message so professing believers do not give up when they sin, but go to Him for forgiveness & for His help not to do it again, then so be it.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do sinners need Jesus Christ to deliver them from their bondage to sin and to death or not?

Then why ask sinners to do something in repenting from all sins before coming to Jesus Christ when it is not in their power to do it?

Eternal life should not be the only hope in Christ that sinners hear but to hope in Him to deliver them from their sins and so repenting from unbelief by believing in Him is how they get born again of the Spirit, while hoping in Him to deliver them from their sins & keeping them from them.

Living this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ by looking to the author & finisher of our faith daily to help us lay aside every weight & sin is how we walk in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son.

The apostle John in the Book of 1 John was not exposing fake believers but those who profess Him and yet walking in darkness without repentance as not abiding in Him. To say John was condemning any believer that sins is not the message when John made sure of that by these words below.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I recognize the need to make sure sinners that seek God know that Jesus Christ can deliver them from their sins and not just come to Him fir eternal life by believing in Him.

But I also recognize that if we can never sin again at all, then we would be perfect but we are not. To infer we can never sin again is to deny the race for why we look to Him daily to help us lay aside ever weight & sin.

Warnings are given to believers so we do not sow to the flesh in reaping corruptions nor make provisions for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof. So the professing believers out there that do sin, need not give up, but ask for forgiveness and His help not to do it again. That is living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That is what it means to follow Him as His disciples.

You need to make sure your message does not convince believers to give up following Jesus or believing in Him when they sin. If you are not just talking about habitual sinning or living in sin but any sin at all, then you need to ask Jesus if you should be saying that, because He taught His disciples to pray to the Father daily asking for forgiveness of our trespasses or our debts as we are to forgive others with a warning. Matthew 6:9-15

If you need His help to clarify your message so professing believers do not give up when they sin, but go to Him for forgiveness & for His help not to do it again, then so be it.
You quoted the wrong person. Your remarks relate not 9ne iota to my prior observation.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who would work in an indirect manner in order to avoid the rules knocking them crosseyed as they say in a round about manner, Jesus lied a lot , are numerous.

They're expending that effort now. Later they'll regret it for eternity.

The gospel is simple but discipleship is running that race. His disciples should be teaching new believers His commandments that they need to look to Him for help in doing in running that race.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The consequences for not abiding in Him & His words is to be left behind when the Bridegroom comes.

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, John 15:1-8, Luke 12:40-49 - King James Version

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For example. Those who insist born again, redeemed, people are still sinners who sin while 8ndwelt by God's holy spirit after coming 8nto faith and being baptized.

Still maam, it is good to know, as it is definitely a topic that was presented to us by Jesus. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply to my post Ocean.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was not born again.
What is this blasphemy against the Holy Spirit you are trying to preach. ?

Listen, Jesus is GOD, in a Virgin's womb.
Do you not understand this, Robert?
So....Does Jesus, who is God manifested in the FLESH< born of a Virgin, need to be born again?

Are you theologically nutz?
Are you demon possessed, as what you have said about God the Son, is what a devil would teach about Christ The Lord, on a forum like this one.
Look at what you have said about God the Son.

Listen....Jesus would need to be born again, if he is a sinner, who needs to be saved.
Is Jesus a sinner?
You just said He was..... and needed to be born again.....as was, according to YOU.

So, im not sure what Christ dishonoring Denomination has created you, but, really......you need to leave it.
And not in a few weeks.

Those begotten by Jehovah are “born from God.” Addressing such individuals, the apostle John wrote: “Everyone who has been born from God does not carry on sin, because His [Jehovah’s] reproductive seed remains in such one, and he cannot practice sin, because he has been born from God.” (1 John 3:9) This “reproductive seed” is God’s holy spirit. Working in conjunction with his word, it has given each of the 144,000 “a new birth” to a heavenly hope.—1 Peter 1:3-5, 23.

Jesus was God’s Son from his human birth, even as the perfect man Adam was the “son of God.” (Luke 1:35; 3:38) After Jesus’ baptism, however, it was significant that Jehovah declared: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.” (Mark 1:11) By this declaration accompanying the flow of holy spirit, it was clear that God then brought Jesus forth as His spiritual Son. As it were, Jesus was then given “a new birth” with the right to receive life once more as a spirit Son of God in heaven. Like him, his 144,000 spiritual brothers are “born again.” (John 3:1-8

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see you disagree, thanks for your reply Chris.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptismal regeneration

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

It’s not a do it yourself religion!
It’s not a bible study!

It’s a covenant!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Jn 1:16-17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(Thru faith and the sacraments!)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reams of scripture but nothing personal. What is your own personal testimony @theefaith - it would carry much more weight if you could tell us how you met with Jesus, how you saw the true light and came out of the darkness.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptismal regeneration

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

When born from above for how believing in Him is how one is born again of the Spirit, then water baptism performed by man is not key to salvation.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

It’s not a do it yourself religion!
It’s not a bible study!

It’s a covenant!

Not by “faith alone”

It has to be by faith alone in that God saved us by believing in Jesus Christ, or else it is a do it yourself religion by performing the sacraments.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith..... 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Water baptism in the early church days signifies what kind of a disciple people were if any kind of disciple at all as just being sinners like the Gentiles.

Mark 2:18 And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not?

So there are disciples of the Pharisees for when they convert to John the Baptist's preaching to get that water baptism to identify with John the Baptist's in being his disciple.

Mark 1:3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. 5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

So John the Baptist prepared the way of the Lord so that when anyone believes in Him, they receive the remission of sins & the Holy Ghost thus born again of the Spirit. Then to be identified as a disciple of Jesus Christ in following Him now, they are water baptized in Jesus's name.

Reactions: Pearl