What Does Easter Mean To You?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about the 'Easter Bunny' or getting candy and presents," "Jesus died for our sins and for us so we could be saved."
Easter is really a pagan holiday with all the bunnies and chicks. If you celebrate in the right way about Jesus, it is a good holiday. Easter is named after a pagan god."

The word "Easter" is derived from the Anglo-Saxon "Eostre," the name of the goddess of spring, writes scholar D.W. Burdick. The ancient Saxons celebrated the return of spring with an uproarious festival in honor of the goddess of spring and her symbol, the rabbit.

In many cultures, the egg was the symbol of rebirth. The custom of exchanging eggs in springtime was already in place when second-century Christian missionaries encountered Saxon tribes in northern Germany.

The pagan festival was altered to become a Christian celebration of Jesus' resurrection.

Easter is a time to "celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ our Lord, and a day to remember his pain and suffering,

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easter to me means hope and eternal life through Christ's sacrifice. However, that doesn't mean that I don't like candy and dying Easter eggs and having fun as I don't see anything wrong with it as long as we remember what it's truly about. :)

Reactions: tsr