What does having the 'Mind of Christ' mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 11:34 Paul asks the question

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?"

Then in 1 Corinthians 2:16, he repeats the question

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."

But now Paul says we have the mind of Christ, so what does that mean?

Reactions: Not me

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's two things.

It means we are seeing from a heavenly place for they who are seated in heavenly places. So there is that new kingdom perspective. Seeing as Jesus sees. Speaking as Jesus speaks (the true prophetic voice).

And...Paul says...WE have the mind of Christ. Together we make up for each other's lack...by putting all our connections to God together...we get the breadth and depth of the prophetic vision and utterance. So then we not only have the witness of Christ in us but also Christ in our midst.

Last edited:
Reactions: faithfulness

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."

It's strange!
If we have one of the gifted teachers,they can find great examples in the scriptures what happens when the Spirit of Christ is given to a called out one.
God's word says,if we have the Spirit of Christ,we also have the mind of Christ! But it doesn't mention one word about what happens when were given that.

What that means, is the only way to truly know what it's like to have the mind of Christ is to have the experience. It can't be parroted from scripture like most everything else

Reactions: Not me and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's strange!
If we have one of the gifted teachers,they can find great examples in the scriptures what happens when the Spirit of Christ is given to a called out one.
God's word says,if we have the Spirit of Christ,we also have the mind of Christ! But it doesn't mention one word about what happens when were given that.

What that means, is the only way to truly know what it's like to have the mind of Christ is to have the experience. It can't be parroted from scripture like most everything else

Hi Faither, welcome here!
My take is that we "renew" our minds into the likeness of His own? And in my own experience...it does NOT happen overnight, lol.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Faither, welcome here!
My take is that we "renew" our minds into the likeness of His own? And in my own experience...it does NOT happen overnight, lol.

Thanks Nancy.
Ya there's no word for it either.
Do you think the mind of Christ is something that we could sense and feel?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A most interesting question? I kinda like what Faither said about it, having to learn it by the experience of it. A most interesting question indeed.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Thanks Nancy.
Ya there's no word for it either.
Do you think the mind of Christ is something that we could sense and feel?

If you wouldn't mind if I butted in.

But I was thinking about your question about “sense or feel the mind of Christ, etc”

Was wondering if it’s like when you can taste or sense the relationship another believer has with Christ. Whether that same inward “knowing” would bring the witness forward. Very intriguing OP. Liked your thoughts toward it and about it. Stepping back and am most curious what will become of the thoughts.

Blessings,

Reactions: Faither

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A most interesting question? I kinda like what Faither said about it, having to learn it by the experience of it. A most interesting question indeed.

Blessings,

If you wouldn't mind if I butted in.

But I was thinking about your question about “sense or feel the mind of Christ, etc”

Was wondering if it’s like when you can taste or sense the relationship another believer has with Christ. Whether that same inward “knowing” would bring the witness forward. Very intriguing OP. Liked your thoughts toward it and about it. Stepping back and am most curious what will become of the thoughts.

Blessings,

I was taught that when we receive the Spirit of Christ, to not feel it, would be like sitting on a stick of dynamite, lighting the fuse, and singing we shall not be moved. We are going to be moved and we'll know it!

Same with the mind of Christ.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Faither;

Was thinking this inward “knowing”

Was wondering if that in itself was the mind of Christ working inwardly in the heart of the believer?

Your thoughts??

Blessings,

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught that when we receive the Spirit of Christ, to not feel it, would be like sitting on a stick of dynamite, lighting the fuse, and singing we shall not be moved. We are going to be moved and we'll know it!

Same with the mind of Christ.

I’m not talking about feeling the receiving of the Spirit of Christ, but the witness you receive when your spirit senses or feels or touches Christ in another believer.

Anyways, just my pondering.

Be blessed in Christ,

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Faither;

Was thinking this inward “knowing”

Was wondering if that in itself was the mind of Christ working inwardly in the heart of the believer?

Your thoughts??

Blessings,

Have you ever wondered about the scripture where Christ tells us to pray without ceasing? It makes no sense before the mind of Christ. Makes perfect sense after.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it means that when you read the Bible and it's describing what God wants, and what's important to Him, and how His children should think and act, that you realize it's describing you!

Much love!

Reactions: aspen and Not me

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it means that when you read the Bible and it's describing what God wants, and what's important to Him, and how His children should think and act, that you realize it's describing you!

Much love!

I also see God's Word not as a book of dodo this and don't do that, but a mirror that will reflect our surrendered life. Nothing perfect, but never the less, here and there.
Not sure where I would categorize that piece of the life of faithing.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered about the scripture where Christ tells us to pray without ceasing? It makes no sense before the mind of Christ. Makes perfect sense after.

I am familiar with the scripture to “pray without ceasing”. I could be wrong here, but I’ve always taken that to mean a life turned over to God as a continual prayer. I guess that might be what is referred to as having the mind of Christ ??

It’s a possibility.

Blessings,

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Interesting insight; “when you see it’s describing you”.

Love the wisdom.

Be blessed oh man of God marks.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am familiar with the scripture to “pray without ceasing”. I could be wrong here, but I’ve always taken that to mean a life turned over to God as a continual prayer. I guess that might be what is referred to as having the mind of Christ ??

It’s a possibility.

Blessings,

Question for you Not Me.

Your line where you say ,"a life turned over to God."
I love that by the way! Most people don't see their relationship with Christ that way, why do you?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for you Not Me.

Your line where you say ,"a life turned over to God."
I love that by the way! Most people don't see their relationship with Christ that way, why do you?

Because;

“I have been crucified with Christ it’s no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me.”

About 15 years ago God opened up to me inwardly about the meaning of having “died with Christ” and what and how this reckoning oneself dead to sin and alive unto God was to be understood.

My Christianity did a explosion. My life has never been the same. Not that I understand my death in Christ completely because each and every day I die more to my self life.

For Christ or self is the choice in the heart these days and in which ever one I yield to him his servant I am. Christ unto life or sin unto death.

Would to God I choose Christ 100% of the time.

Blessings to a heart that has Christ in it.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because;

“I have been crucified with Christ it’s no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me.”

About 15 years ago God opened up to me inwardly about the meaning of having “died with Christ” and what and how this reckoning oneself dead to sin and alive unto God was to be understood.

My Christianity did a explosion. My life has never been the same. Not that I understand my death in Christ completely because each and every day I die more to my self life.

For Christ or self is the choice in the heart these days and in which ever one I yield to him his servant I am. Christ unto life or sin unto death.

Would to God I choose Christ 100% of the time.

Blessings to a heart that has Christ in it.

Lol, I love you man!
Keep an eye out for some threads I'll start in the near future. I think I got some info that might interest you. Or we could do it PM?

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, I love you man!
Keep an eye out for some threads I'll start in the near future. I think I got some info that might interest you. Or we could do it PM?

Either way, in open forum might be better so we all can be blessed.

Blessings,