What does it mean to seek God's face?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Solomon says in 2 Chronicles 7:

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
To seek God's face is to turn from wicked ways, to look to his presence, strength, and precepts.

David says in 1 Chronicles 16:

11 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
People with pure hearts follow the Lord and not idols. They seek the Lord. Psalm 24:

3 Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place?
4The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.
5They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior.
6Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob.
To seek God's face is to seek him. We seek His face with a pure heart.

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Solomon says in 2 Chronicles 7:

To seek God's face is to turn from wicked ways, to look to his presence, strength, and precepts.

David says in 1 Chronicles 16:

People with pure hearts follow the Lord and not idols. They seek the Lord. Psalm 24:

To seek God's face is to seek him. We seek His face with a pure heart.
Beautifully said! To see Him is to recognize that He sees you. It is so glorious we can handle only so much. We should never be so arrogant as to think we can see anything more than a portion of Him. The power that sustains the universe is something to be feared, respected, and loved.

Reactions: Nancy