What does Jesus say? What does the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello you the video above is a three minute reading of scriptures below along with a tiny big of expounding.

Would you also like to expound and share with others from what you get in seeing the text below. Remember that these are words from our Lord Jesus, who we place trust and faith in what He has said.

What can one learn?

““But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also.

And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.

Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.

And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.

But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.

For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.

Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:27-36‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we see that we don’t do those things, or that we sometimes do and sometimes don’t, we see what we lack and know what to pray for.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But sometimes, learning from Jesus means seeing that I don’t do what He taught.

Two sinners went to the temple to pray. Which of the two sinners went away justified?

Reactions: marks and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who understood that he was a sinner, the other one looked down and said to God I’m glad I’m not like the others, showing pride. Where the one who recognized their faults asked God to have mercy on them!

:)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:9-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭14:25-27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus mention hate here, of hating family members. Now he is speaking in a sense of how one is to love God first above others and naturally by the spirit of abiding in Christ you will have love for others. I believe this would be what He is referring to by bearing the cross. Because as believers we die with Christ on the cross being buried with him in the grave being raised again with him in resurrection because of God giving us the Holy Spirit / spirit of Christ now to live by.

Here is the Greek word used in the scripture above to learn;

3404 miséō – properly, to detest (on a comparative basis); hence, denounce; to love someone or something less than someone (something) else, i.e. to renounce one choice in favor of another.

Lk 14:26: "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate (3404 /miséō, 'love less' than the Lord) his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple" (NASU).

[Note the comparative meaning of 3404 (miséō) which centers in moral choice, elevating one value over another.]

Reactions: marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said ;
““Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭3:28-30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The greatest sin is to have unbelief. Don’t let the sin of unbelief come into your friend.

Reactions: marks

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello you the video above is a three minute reading of scriptures below along with a tiny big of expounding.

Would you also like to expound and share with others from what you get in seeing the text below. Remember that these are words from our Lord Jesus, who we place trust and faith in what He has said.

What can one learn?

““But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also.

And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.

Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back.

And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.

And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.

And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back.

But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High.

For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.

Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:27-36‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
I wish someone would tell me how to deal with my narcissistic neighbour. He regularly assaults me and throws rubbish in my garden. The police do nothing and there is never anyone around to witness it. My GP has seen the bruises and so has the hospital. Turning the other cheek makes him think I am weak, so he does it all the more, but it takes strength to control yourself, which is what I do, but to no avail. His wife used to come into my house crying her eyes out. Both were black and blue. Eventually she left home and he married his girlfriend. She does everything he wants, and they seem happy together.

I'm just sitting it out as he is 82 years of age, but as an ex boxer he still packs a punch, and he is fitter than I am at 77 years of age.

Any suggestions are welcome. In case you are wondering, I have never ever harmed him in any way at all, rather the opposite.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish someone would tell me how to deal with my narcissistic neighbour. He regularly assaults me and throws rubbish in my garden. The police do nothing and there is never anyone around to witness it. My GP has seen the bruises and so has the hospital. Turning the other cheek makes him think I am weak, so he does it all the more, but it takes strength to control yourself, which is what I do, but to no avail. His wife used to come into my house crying her eyes out. Both were black and blue. Eventually she left home and he married his girlfriend. She does everything he wants, and they seem happy together.

I'm just sitting it out as he is 82 years of age, but as an ex boxer he still packs a punch, and he is fitter than I am at 77 years of age.

Any suggestions are welcome. In case you are wondering, I have never ever harmed him in any way at all, rather the opposite.
I waited on the LORD my friend . I always prayed for my neighbor .
He was tormented big time . I had no fear of him , but he would throw rocks in my yard .
Kill my cats . This was back in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen . He would scream from within his house at me .
It was bad for several years . I never responded back to him at all .
I did tell him about JESUS when i first moved in .
What i did not know was that he had a gun . The day of july thirteenth of twenty thirteen
he had killed and skinned my cat .
We found this out later . That very night he took the gun and killed himself . I was so sad for him .
But he could have very well took my life at any time . GOD is always in control . ALL we can do is pray for them my friend .
Even the police knew he was off . He called the cops on me one night
accusing me of loud music and etc . I asked the cops to walk in and find a stereo anywhere .
I said he needs help . THEY KNEW HE DID . they said we know . But no one did anything .
I prayed for the man . But in the end he chose the lake of fire over Christ . I still feel sad when i think about it .
But i did at least tell him about JESUS .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

That sounds so very frustrating @Cooper . And it's okay for me to say pray about it, or pray for him when it isn't me he's living next to. But it's really pretty much all you can do as well as seek God's protection. I always turn to this passage in times of difficulty:

He said: “Listen . . . . . This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. . . . . . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, . . . . .. . . . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

2 Chronicles 20:15-17

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not something that Jesus had said but this something Paul said to the people at Thessalonians.

@Cooper

“Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. Brethren, pray for us. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss. I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.”
‭‭I Thessalonians‬ ‭5:14-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just have faith in the glorious Lord my friend . He might yet come to JESUS .
Spirits are always at work my friend . And dark spirits , HATE LAMBS . believe me i know .
You will be prayed for my friend . Now that i know this . I will have others praying for you too my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who understood that he was a sinner, the other one looked down and said to God I’m glad I’m not like the others, showing pride. Where the one who recognized their faults asked God to have mercy on them!

:)
Yes indeed my friend . BOTH were SINNERS . but only ONE REPENTED . His EVIL was EVIL to HIM . HE became aware of HIS EVIL
the other simply justified himself . ONE REPENTED , the OTHER JUSTIFIED HIS SIN < HIMSELF .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I waited on the LORD my friend . I always prayed for my neighbor .
He was tormented big time . I had no fear of him , but he would throw rocks in my yard .
Kill my cats . This was back in twenty twelve and twenty thirteen . He would scream from within his house at me .
It was bad for several years . I never responded back to him at all .
I did tell him about JESUS when i first moved in .
What i did not know was that he had a gun . The day of july thirteenth of twenty thirteen
he had killed and skinned my cat .
We found this out later . That very night he took the gun and killed himself . I was so sad for him .
But he could have very well took my life at any time . GOD is always in control . ALL we can do is pray for them my friend .
Even the police knew he was off . He called the cops on me one night
accusing me of loud music and etc . I asked the cops to walk in and find a stereo anywhere .
I said he needs help . THEY KNEW HE DID . they said we know . But no one did anything .
I prayed for the man . But in the end he chose the lake of fire over Christ . I still feel sad when i think about it .
But i did at least tell him about JESUS .
Oh gosh, how sad. That is so awful.
Let’s just keep focused on the Lord.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

So sorry to hear this. So hard for you. I will add you to my prayer list Cooper.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds so very frustrating @Cooper . And it's okay for me to say pray about it, or pray for him when it isn't me he's living next to. But it's really pretty much all you can do as well as seek God's protection. I always turn to this passage in times of difficulty:

He said: “Listen . . . . . This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. . . . . . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, . . . . .. . . . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

2 Chronicles 20:15-17
Thank you. I trust God completely, and I know he will make a way. God bless.