what does the bible say about false prophets.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

How to spot a false prophet?
3 Warning Signs

1. They "Prophesy" from Their Own Delusions "Then the Lord said to me, 'The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. ...
  2. What They Say Does Not Come True "You may say to yourselves, 'How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?'
  3. They Lead People Away from Christ

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 2 Peter 2:1 - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

How to spot a false prophet?
3 Warning Signs

1. They "Prophesy" from Their Own Delusions "Then the Lord said to me, 'The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. ...
  2. What They Say Does Not Come True "You may say to yourselves, 'How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?'
  3. They Lead People Away from Christ

Constantly pray in order to develop and maintain accurate knowledge so that you may be able to discern "false prophets." Consider the following scriptures-although many and not inclusive-that mentions false prophets; and, or how to recognize them.-Deuteronomy 13:1, 2, 5; Jerimiah 6;13-15; 14:14-16; 23:16, 17, 21, 25-32; 27:9, 10, 15; Lamentations 2:14; Ezekiel 13:2-4, 6; Zechariah 13:2-4; Matthew 7:15-20; 24:11, 23; John 15:2; Philippians 1:9, 10; Colossians 1:10; 1 Timothy 4:1-3; 1 John 4:11.

Yes, a lot of reading, but this may help you get a sense of your concern.