What does the Bible say about One God? None like God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Bible topic deals with the subject: One God, also None like God listed below are several scriptures indicating further truth about the subject listed.

Upon making this post it would be good to encourage you also to seek around the surrounding verse if you decide to write these down for your own personal studies.

Also another thing to remember is in the Old Testament Lord is wrote in all caps LORD: which also is the name for Yaweh.

““He showed you these things so you would know that the Lord is God and there is no other.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:35‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭6:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Look now; I myself am he! There is no other god but me! I am the one who kills and gives life; I am the one who wounds and heals; no one can be rescued from my powerful hand!”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭32:39‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Therefore Thou hast been great, Jehovah God, for there is none like Thee, and there is no God save Thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.”
‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭7:22‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“O Jehovah, there is none like Thee, and there is no god save Thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.”
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17:20‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“And they know that Thou — (Thy name [is] Jehovah — by Thyself,) [Art] the Most High over all the earth!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭83:18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“For great [art] Thou, and doing wonders, Thou [art] God Thyself alone.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭86:10‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“Ye [are] My witnesses, an affirmation of Jehovah, And My servant whom I have chosen, So that ye know and give credence to Me, And understand that I [am] He, Before Me there was no God formed, And after Me there is none.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:10‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“For thus said Jehovah, Creator of heaven, He is God, Former of earth, and its Maker, He established it — not empty He prepared it, For inhabiting He formed it: ‘I [am] Jehovah, and there is none else.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭45:18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“and Jesus answered him — ‘The first of all the commands [is], Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭12:29‬ ‭YLT98‬‬ - Jesus is quoting the Old Testament.

“Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭8:4‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“one God and Father of all, who [is] over all, and through all, and in you all,”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭YLT98‬‬ - Paul is writing to believers in Ephesus.

“for one [is] God, one also [is] mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬ - Paul writing to Timothy.

“because three are who are testifying [in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these — the three — are one;”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Here are a few more scriptures dealing with None like God.

Exodus 8:10;15:11
Deu 33:26
2 Sam 7:22
1 Kings 8:23
1 Chr 17:20
Psalm 89:6
Isiah 40:18
Mark 12:32

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Word also reveals God in Three Persons: end of Matthew 28; John's Gospel, throughout; Romans 8; John's First Epistle, etc.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Farouk,

• If you say so. All I know is one scripture shared in the original post that talks about The Father, The Word, and the Holy Ghost that these three are one - it doesn’t say 3 persons. So how you are able to come up with that notion I have no idea.

Thank you for replying, either way.
God bless you, in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG

The Oneness of God as expressed in the verses you quoted from the OT, is no surprise to me at all.

Reading only the OT and citing only the OT and never even considering what is written in the NT or in any developed Trinitarian comments by people, how difficult or how easy or would it be for a man to come up with a Trinitarian doctrine? Your OP might have presently such a case if you had not added I John 5:7 to your OP.

Of course, I started my Bible reading with the UPC where Oneness was and is the way. I left them but, my leaving had nothing to do with my belief in a Trinity. I do not have one. I embrace God but in spite of conversations with dozens of people over the years, I cannot see what they insist exists. I have also talked to God about it, but still nothing in that direction except some reasons why people who believe it, believe it!

A great many people, who argue for a Trinity start on the premise that it exists and that it is the Truth about the nature of God. They then gather together verses which do not completely disprove a Trinity and interpreted a certain way might support it. But... for me that is coming at it backward. Where might the Holy Spirit lead us if we followed nothing and no one else? Where might we be led if we could empty our minds of preconceived notions and conclusions?

What did Jesus say?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

1) Seek the kingdom
2) Seek His righteousness

And then what? Add in a Trinity? Why?

Reactions: MatthewG

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Bible topic deals with the subject: One God, also None like God listed below are several scriptures indicating further truth about the subject listed.

Upon making this post it would be good to encourage you also to seek around the surrounding verse if you decide to write these down for your own personal studies.

Also another thing to remember is in the Old Testament Lord is wrote in all caps LORD: which also is the name for Yaweh.

““He showed you these things so you would know that the Lord is God and there is no other.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭4:35‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭6:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Look now; I myself am he! There is no other god but me! I am the one who kills and gives life; I am the one who wounds and heals; no one can be rescued from my powerful hand!”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭32:39‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Therefore Thou hast been great, Jehovah God, for there is none like Thee, and there is no God save Thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.”
‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭7:22‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“O Jehovah, there is none like Thee, and there is no god save Thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.”
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17:20‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“And they know that Thou — (Thy name [is] Jehovah — by Thyself,) [Art] the Most High over all the earth!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭83:18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“For great [art] Thou, and doing wonders, Thou [art] God Thyself alone.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭86:10‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“Ye [are] My witnesses, an affirmation of Jehovah, And My servant whom I have chosen, So that ye know and give credence to Me, And understand that I [am] He, Before Me there was no God formed, And after Me there is none.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:10‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“For thus said Jehovah, Creator of heaven, He is God, Former of earth, and its Maker, He established it — not empty He prepared it, For inhabiting He formed it: ‘I [am] Jehovah, and there is none else.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭45:18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“and Jesus answered him — ‘The first of all the commands [is], Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭12:29‬ ‭YLT98‬‬ - Jesus is quoting the Old Testament.

“Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭8:4‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“one God and Father of all, who [is] over all, and through all, and in you all,”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭YLT98‬‬ - Paul is writing to believers in Ephesus.

“for one [is] God, one also [is] mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬ - Paul writing to Timothy.

“because three are who are testifying [in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these — the three — are one;”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Here are a few more scriptures dealing with None like God.

Exodus 8:10;15:11
Deu 33:26
2 Sam 7:22
1 Kings 8:23
1 Chr 17:20
Psalm 89:6
Isiah 40:18
Mark 12:32

The Bible points out there are many Gods Matt, and there are although everyone is judged as with 1 of 2 real Gods. The sad thing is the default god is satan, the Bible calls Jehovah the true God, and a person has to choose to worship and serve Him sir, it is not automatic. Kinda doesn't make sense, but that is what I discern the Bible really teaching. Hopefully I am wrong in my assessment.

In harmony with your post, and a passage that I would most likely change, but we have to render the Bible the way it was written is found at:(Deuteronomy 6:4) . . .“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. Me personally it sounds more logical to say Jehovah our God is one God, but that was not the way Moses penned it.

A closing passage on the topic is found at: (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) . . .For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him. . .
So yes, to us Christians there is only one God.