What does the Bible say about Sexual Immorality?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please feel free to share Bible scripture, or your testimony when it pertains to Sexual Immorality.

In the Bible there are scriptures that pertain to sexual immorality. A good question to answer would be, what does the Bible say about sexual immorality?

Also what does the Bible say about the husband and the wife when it comes to being together with one another? If there are some biblical narratives one can point at to be able to look and see about it.

Jesus said if you look up a woman with lust in your heart you committed adultery, i believe. What do you think about when Jesus says this? Some relate it as spiritual adultery having choose something other than God to love first instead.

If anyone would like to share, please feel free to do so.

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please feel free to share Bible scripture, or your testimony when it pertains to Sexual Immorality.

In the Bible there are scriptures that pertain to sexual immorality. A good question to answer would be, what does the Bible say about sexual immorality?

Also what does the Bible say about the husband and the wife when it comes to being together with one another? If there are some biblical narratives one can point at to be able to look and see about it.

Jesus said if you look up a woman with lust in your heart you committed adultery, i believe. What do you think about when Jesus says this? Some relate it as spiritual adultery having choose something other than God to love first instead.

My view is that Christians are called to be chaste. Chastity doesn’t imply anti-sex; it means be ethical on this subject. For example, a man who is faithful to his wife is being chaste, even if the said couple engages in adult activity every day. The term doesn’t mean avoid all sex and live in a cloistered monastery.

Several Bible scriptures support being chaste like Colossians 3:5 and Ephesians 5:3. At the same time, there are also many verses that stress forgiveness for past immorality like Hebrews 8:12 and many others. We Christians must not only be chaste, but forgive others who weren’t chaste in the past but repent of their prior immorality. All have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a Orthodox Jew or proselytizing?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My view is that Christians are called to be chaste. Chastity doesn’t imply anti-sex; it means be ethical on this subject. For example, a man who is faithful to his wife is being chaste, even if the said couple engages in adult activity every day. The term doesn’t mean avoid all sex and live in a cloistered monastery.

Several Bible scriptures support being chaste like Colossians 3:5 and Ephesians 5:3. At the same time, there are also many verses that stress forgiveness for past immorality like Hebrews 8:12 and many others. We Christians must not only be chaste, but forgive others who weren’t chaste in the past but repent of their prior immorality. All have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23).
Precisely sexual activity shouldn’t be avoided. I’m 54 years old and literally hate my job, but I drag my ass out of bed every day because I made a commitment to feed and shelter the ones I love.

I don’t go just once a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely sexual activity shouldn’t be avoided. I’m 54 years old and literally hate my job, but I drag my ass out of bed every day because I made a commitment to feed and shelter the ones I love.

I myself have a problem on the subject of being “too” chaste. For most of my teenage and early adult years (when most people have the sexual debut), I had longstanding problems related to socialization and didn’t find anyone, so I’m still a virgin at age 33. I’ve met potential women who could have turned out to make great girlfriends and eventually wives, but I lost interest and quit talking to them because they had been intimate with other men before. I feel insanely jealous and angry about this, and I can’t tolerate that I haven’t had anyone before but they did.

It seems like I’ll have to travel to a poor country and marry a youthful virgin to deal with my problem. It sucks, but whatever.

But yeah, what the Bible teaches and how I deal with this issue in my personal life seems to be at conflict.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I myself have a problem on the subject of being “too” chaste. For most of my teenage and early adult years (when most people have the sexual debut), I had longstanding problems related to socialization and didn’t find anyone, so I’m still a virgin at age 33. I’ve met potential women who could have turned out to make great girlfriends and eventually wives, but I lost interest and quit talking to them because they had been intimate with other men before. I feel insanely jealous and angry about this, and I can’t tolerate that I haven’t had anyone before but they did.

It seems like I’ll have to travel to a poor country and marry a youthful virgin to deal with my problem. It sucks, but whatever.

But yeah, what the Bible teaches and how I deal with this issue in my personal life seems to be at conflict.
She’d most likely be a very grateful young woman, but will most likely out grow gratitude if introduced to western civilization

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As a married man, this has probably been the most beneficial counsel of the Lord for me personally regarding this subject:

24to keep you from the evil woman,
from the smooth tongue of the adulteress.c25Do not lust in your heart for her beauty
or let her captivate you with her eyes.d26For the levy of the prostitute is poverty,e
and the adulteress preys upon your very life.27Can a man embrace fire
and his clothes not be burned?28Can a man walk on hot coals
without scorching his feet?29So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife;
no one who touches her will go unpunished.

Proverbs 6:24-29
Besides being very hurtful to your spouse, adultery is one of the most stupid and foolish things a person can do. And God sees it all.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can I be real honest with you? I am married and have four kids. I have only had intercourse with two women. My wife and a brief ridiculous encounter with a woman before being with her. Now, this many years later I've come to the conclusion that sexual activity is a Pandora's box that's probably better left unopened - if you are able to leave it unopened. It's no surprise to me that there will be no sexual encounters in the kingdom of God. It belongs to this creation and it's going to stay here and get burned up with everything. But even with all that said, I cherish the intimacy I've had with my wife and consider it a gift from God, but it has it's costs.

Reactions: Lambano

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I be real honest with you? I am married and have four kids. I have only had intercourse with two women. My wife and a brief ridiculous encounter with a woman before being with her. Now, this many years later I've come to the conclusion that sexual activity is a Pandora's box that's probably better left unopened - if you are able to leave it unopened. It's no surprise to me that there will be no sexual encounters in the kingdom of God. It belongs to this creation and it's going to stay here and get burned up with everything. But even with all that said, I cherish the intimacy I've had with my wife and consider it a gift from God, but it has it's costs.

Thanks for the tip, but my jealousy problem is so extremely sensitive and intense that I can’t really ignore that thing. This horrible emotion is so overwhelming and unpleasant, at least for me, and it never ever goes away. The only way to deal with it is to marry a virgin with no boyfriend before.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a married man, this has probably been the most beneficial counsel of the Lord for me personally regarding this subject:

24to keep you from the evil woman,
from the smooth tongue of the adulteress.c25Do not lust in your heart for her beauty
or let her captivate you with her eyes.d26For the levy of the prostitute is poverty,e
and the adulteress preys upon your very life.27Can a man embrace fire
and his clothes not be burned?28Can a man walk on hot coals
without scorching his feet?29So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife;
no one who touches her will go unpunished.

Proverbs 6:24-29
Besides being very hurtful to your spouse, adultery is one of the most stupid and foolish things a person can do. And God sees it all.

That is interesting thank you for sharing that scripture, Ferris.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting thank you for sharing.

It seems the reason to abstain from sexual immorality or over indulging in the devious acts of sex is for the mind to be set on heavenly things rather than the earthly.

God created sex for recreation. He told Adam and Eve to multiply upon the earth.

However sexual deviousness can go too far, just like other hurtful things such as lying or manipulating, hating others, deciding to do evil against another and things alike.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Curious if a woman is considered a harlot and no daughter of God…would that make the man joined in sexual immortality to that harlot the same as her ‘one flesh’. Should he not flee from her then? ‘What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.’
1 Corinthians 6:13-16

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious if a woman is considered a harlot and no daughter of God…would that make the man joined in sexual immortality to that harlot the same as her ‘one flesh’. Should he not flee from her then? ‘What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.’
1 Corinthians 6:13-16

Former prostitutes are allowed to repent of their sins and take up chastity.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Former prostitutes are allowed to repent of their sins and take up chastity.

does God join Himself to a harlot? What is ‘a chaste virgin to Christ’?
2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. (1 Corinthians 7:3)

That KJV phrase cracks me up - "Due benevolence".:D

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip, but my jealousy problem is so extremely sensitive and intense that I can’t really ignore that thing. This horrible emotion is so overwhelming and unpleasant, at least for me, and it never ever goes away. The only way to deal with it is to marry a virgin with no boyfriend before.
There’s always the option of not swimming in that end of the pool.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible is quite clear on the topic Matt, those who practice it will not inherit the Kingdom of God 1 Cor 6:9,10