what does the Lord God value?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much does the Lord God value those who listen to His Voice?

Consider that there was no one nothing to respond to Lord God’s Voice for a eternity before heaven and earth was made.

I don’t know if any of you know solitude but it begins as a calming thing and then it eats at you. If any poor soul happens to be within your range you talk to be heard whether that person cares to hear or not, sometimes blurting out unsolicited information about yourself or your experiences, almost a form of crying out, or outcry.

So just how valuable is what would respond to the Voice of the Lord according to His Judgement to His satisfaction?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much does the Lord God value those who listen to His Voice?

Consider that there was no one nothing to respond to Lord God’s Voice for a eternity before heaven and earth was made.

I don’t know if any of you know solitude but it begins as a calming thing and then it eats at you. If any poor soul happens to be within your range you talk to be heard whether that person cares to hear or not, sometimes blurting out unsolicited information about yourself or your experiences, almost a form of crying out, or outcry.

So just how valuable is what would respond to the Voice of the Lord according to His Judgement to His satisfaction?

If you don't mind my sharing that this seems like a genuine area God is calling you into a profoundly deeper relationship. I don't believe you just came up with this question on your own but that He has revealed a part of Him; He is calling you to. Being heard.

I had a similar call pertaining to intimacy. How often do we long for geniue intimacy where nothing is expected other than our presence? Often our intimacy comes with a price: a need fulfilled. A physical need demanded to be met. And often once our need is met; we are too busy for anything further. Often times it is the same with God. We go to Him when we have a need. And are too busy for anything else. Yet we get angry or disappointed when his answer is: no to our request for something physical. God longs for intimacy with His people where we ask nothing of Him.

But rather just take the time to get to know God in a fuller sense because we are truly interested in a real relationship.
HE IS approachable by sons.

Reactions: bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't mind my sharing that this seems like a genuine area God is calling you into a profoundly deeper relationship. I don't believe you just came up with this question on your own but that He has revealed a part of Him; He is calling you to. Being heard.

I had a similar call pertaining to intimacy. How often do we long for geniue intimacy where nothing is expected other than our presence? Often our intimacy comes with a price: a need fulfilled. A physical need demanded to be met. And often once our need is met; we are too busy for anything further. Often times it is the same with God. We go to Him when we have a need. And are too busy for anything else. Yet we get angry or disappointed when his answer is: no to our request for something physical. God longs for intimacy with His people where we ask nothing of Him.

But rather just take the time to get to know God in a fuller sense because we are truly interested in a real relationship.
HE IS approachable by sons.

its good to hear that you listen to the Lord, but you're preaching to the choir, you know. its offered for the edification, and the realization of just how much He values being heard, and how important that should be to us.

hence when the Lord was asked:
Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

and then He goes into the following commandments.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its good to hear that you listen to the Lord, but you're preaching to the choir, you know. its offered for the edification, and the realization of just how much He values being heard, and how important that should be to us.

hence when the Lord was asked:
Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

and then He goes into the following commandments.

I am sorry, I meant no disrespect or to imply you do not hear Him. I meant exactly what you are doing: inspiring others to hear. All I meant was praise that He shared that message with you. Again, I'm sorry.:(

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How much does the Lord God value those who listen to His Voice?...
The Lord God values truth and unconditional love.
To listen to His Voice is to not listen to anything else, including our thoughts, when listening or reading the Word. This is unconditional listening, and it is the purest way to take in what is being said.
...So just how valuable is what would respond to the Voice of the Lord according to His Judgement to His satisfaction?
The Lord God is not lacking in truth or unconditional love like we are. He knows what is in our heart, every subtle bit of fear, doubt, self-will, etc in any response. Best response then would be to (He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." _ Psalm 46:10). In that stillness (including pause of thoughts) one is left with truth and unconditional love for the Lord God.

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord God values truth and unconditional love.
To listen to His Voice is to not listen to anything else, including our thoughts, when listening or reading the Word. This is unconditional listening, and it is the purest way to take in what is being said.
The Lord God is not lacking in truth or unconditional love like we are. He knows what is in our heart, every subtle bit of fear, doubt, self-will, etc in any response. Best response then would be to (He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." _ Psalm 46:10). In that stillness (including pause of thoughts) one is left with truth and unconditional love for the Lord God.

unconditional love doesn't exist, its a utopian desire of what some delusional want love to be. if you've been taught there is such a thing and believe it, you should reconsider it.

for example what is your expectation in God? if you are denied it then what? doesn't matter what that expectation is, does it? therefore love is conditional in all counts. beat a dog often enough, though you feed him and such, and he will turn on you.

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
unconditional love doesn't exist, its a utopian desire of what some delusional want love to be. if you've been taught there is such a thing and believe it, you should reconsider it.
for example what is your expectation in God? if you are denied it then what? doesn't matter what that expectation is, does it? therefore love is conditional in all counts. beat a dog often enough, though you feed him and such, and he will turn on you.
Truth in itself is perfect and has no needs or wants (unconditional). The expression of Truth is Love (unconditional). Both Truth and Love share the same characteristics: fearless, doubtless, honesty, never changes, reliable, always present, etc.

What makes love conditional is expecting it. Our old nature relies on being loved for self approval. Our new nature in Christ is loving other than self. This world has many things back-to-front, including love. Most people think that to feel love is to be loved, instead of just being loving, especially without expecting anything in return (unconditional).

God only denies whatever is untrue in us. If a person cannot feel God's love for them, they are either untrue by nature, or too self-centred to realize it. Once realized then one naturally returns that love out of love for God's love. They love the Love that loves them, and they do so unconditionally. Because God's Love is what no human can give, the experience is unique and unforgettable. Even if they only experienced it once, once is enough grace for anyone.

This is my experience, so what I write here on this forum is my truth as I understand it. So please do not assume that myself, or others, are lying if you have not experienced it yourself.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods Love is unconditional, it is not a delusion, it applies to all men, the fact that people dont "choose" it is not His doing. If one places a condition on love, than it is no longer love.

see there is your delusional utopian opinion of what you think God's love ought to be as stated above, and the there's what God says about His relationship with those He has chosen: so who is correct about God's love, you, or God? since when do you know more about God's love then He does. or are you saying He's just lying here, you know the real truth, like the serpent did in the garden.

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

I didn't see non-conditional here do you?

also Jesus says to love the Lord your God with all you soul heart mind and strength, that is a condition. Jesus is a covenant and a covenant is a agreement of conditions, and this case set forth by and in the Word of God. a condition. also Jesus states He is the only Way to the Father, hence a condition. hello out there, the Lord God isn't what you want Him to be, you are supposed to be what He wants you to be. oh yea that would be another condition. heck any commandment is a condition, and the Lord God's relationship with man since the first man Adam has been with commandments and commandments are condition.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth in itself is perfect and has no needs or wants (unconditional). The expression of Truth is Love (unconditional). Both Truth and Love share the same characteristics: fearless, doubtless, honesty, never changes, reliable, always present, etc.

What makes love conditional is expecting it. Our old nature relies on being loved for self approval. Our new nature in Christ is loving other than self. This world has many things back-to-front, including love. Most people think that to feel love is to be loved, instead of just being loving, especially without expecting anything in return (unconditional).

God only denies whatever is untrue in us. If a person cannot feel God's love for them, they are either untrue by nature, or too self-centred to realize it. Once realized then one naturally returns that love out of love for God's love. They love the Love that loves them, and they do so unconditionally. Because God's Love is what no human can give, the experience is unique and unforgettable. Even if they only experienced it once, once is enough grace for anyone.

This is my experience, so what I write here on this forum is my truth as I understand it. So please do not assume that myself, or others, are lying if you have not experienced it yourself.

then you say there is no hope because the true definition of hope is expectation. and you haven't shown not one scripture where it says God's love is unconditional. as far as I know you won't find it. and you've only told me your opinion of what you think love ought to be.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Who told you that you were naked?
Here, have a skin then."

Adam was to be what?

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

and to retain that life that was lost the condition was:

Gen 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

a condition

and God let man have the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes:

Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (also note He didn't say they were of Him)

because now His Word is to be fulfilled which is.

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

hence the first, "prophecy" of the coming Messiah. so man is sustained in the flesh until the Life that was "lost" is restored. so yea why would any descent person let man walk in constant shame and exposure, let alone God who is Righteous. (you don't have to love some one to be up-right and just towards them) which also had prophetic implications. Abel honored God's covering and was respected by God, and died by the hand of his older brother for it being the first man to experience death ( hence the lamb that was slain). Noah's nakedness was exposed by one son, and covered by the others, and we are covered in Christ. hence a part of how the Lord God was going to restore the Life that was "lost". by simply fulfilling the Word of God to man in the Son of man to God's satisfaction.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
see there is your delusional utopian opinion of what you think God's love ought to be as stated above, and the there's what God says about His relationship with those He has chosen: so who is correct about God's love, you, or God? since when do you know more about God's love then He does. or are you saying He's just lying here, you know the real truth, like the serpent did in the garden.

Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

I didn't see non-conditional here do you?

also Jesus says to love the Lord your God with all you soul heart mind and strength, that is a condition. Jesus is a covenant and a covenant is a agreement of conditions, and this case set forth by and in the Word of God. a condition. also Jesus states He is the only Way to the Father, hence a condition. hello out there, the Lord God isn't what you want Him to be, you are supposed to be what He wants you to be. oh yea that would be another condition. heck any commandment is a condition, and the Lord God's relationship with man since the first man Adam has been with commandments and commandments are condition.
Wow such a long post. I guess you have no understanding of Love, Gods love is unconditional, salvation on the other hand requires us to believe, but i think God even has a loop hole for that one. So if you want to earn Gods love, go right ahead, wouldnt be the most foolish thing any christian ever did, just another crazy plan for christans to boast. "Look I earned Gods love am i not great", bah

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow such a long post. I guess you have no understanding of Love, Gods love is unconditional, salvation on the other hand requires us to believe, but i think God even has a loop hole for that one. So if you want to earn Gods love, go right ahead, wouldnt be the most foolish thing any christian ever did, just another crazy plan for christans to boast. "Look I earned Gods love am i not great", bah

you still haven't shown where God says His love is unconditional, even scripture for that matter. again its your opinion that is contrary to what God says.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you still haven't shown where God says His love is unconditional, even scripture for that matter. again its your opinion that is contrary to what God says.
Funny how so many demand scripture, who do you think God is, teh devil or man demanding obedience or else, like a bad father who beats his children into submission, its what keeps so many form God, whats it say,

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

I guess you dont know Love, God is love, Jesus is love, you should really get to know them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gods Love is unconditional, it is not a delusion, it applies to all men, the fact that people dont "choose" it is not His doing. If one places a condition on love, than it is no longer love.

Excellent David. Well said.
When God said "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee." and "I have graven thee on the palms of My hands.."
And we can doubt unconditional love :confused: !! As bbyrd009 said- Yikes!

I like how you said.."if love is conditional it is no longer love" ...perfectly shown...AMEN!!

Eph 3:18 "with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@DPMartin No such thing as unconditional love!
So...how is that working in your life?
Do you not love your children when they are naughty?
Do you not love your wife unless she obeys you?
as bbyrd009 like to say...Yikes!! o_O

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how so many demand scripture, who do you think God is, teh devil or man demanding obedience or else, like a bad father who beats his children into submission, its what keeps so many form God, whats it say,

Rom_1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

I guess you dont know Love, God is love, Jesus is love, you should really get to know them.

I don't see any reference to unconditional love, love, like whatever. actually just where do you get the subject of love from this text in context?

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

this is about man's corruption of God's glory in what is God's from man. it don't even make any sense what so ever. again your opinion of God's love is contrary to what God says, isn't it?