What exactly is Apocrypha?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
They are writings outside the cannon some have called them gnostic and or hidden works these are works that are questioned as to author or content Some are very good others are obviously works of fakes My rule is that if something is in the bible you can use the apocrypha as a second witness to shed light on the subject but you can not use them as scripture or to discredit scripture the catholic's actually includes some of these works giving their bible 72 books as opposed to our 66 books

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I did not know they have a few cheap versions on E-Bay and I was wondering if it might be worth picking one up just for general study and has you said maybe shed light on something.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The book of macbees,Jublees, are not bad alot of history I happen to find Enoch interesting as a second wittness to Gen. 6 and the fallen angels but others like Adam and Eve saying adam had a first wife are clearly attempts to discredit Gods Word heres a list you can read most on linehttp://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/index.htmJust use great discernment and follow rules of scripture first

Telerea

Apr 4, 2008
In Christianity, apocrypha refers to those books/pieces of scripture that didn't make it into the canonized version of the Bible. Of course, they also vary depending on what version of the Bible you are using (vulgate, KJV, Luther, etc.).The term itself just means 'hidden'.I would consider them all useful.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Jerusalem Junkie;44666)
I did not know they have a few cheap versions on E-Bay and I was wondering if it might be worth picking one up just for general study and has you said maybe shed light on something.
Just hit my "bible and book" download link at my signature. I have the entire bible including the apocrypha written in HTML. This way it won't cost you a cent, that is to say as long as you don't mind reading the apocrypha from a computer screen instead of a book.