What Genre of Christian Music Do You Enjoy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Genre Of Christian Music Do you Like to Listen to?

• Scripture in Song

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Hymns

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Ole Time

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Country

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Praise /Worship/old and new

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Contemporary/Pop/modern

• Instrumental/orchestral

• Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

SouthernStorm

Feb 11, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I like to listen to a variety of Christian music across the board but I have my favorites. I love listening to scripture in song and also worship songs, old and new. What are some of your favorite artists or bands?

SouthernStorm

Feb 11, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Nice. I learned memory verses through scripture and song. The most convenient way to learn bible scripture in my view

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well my favorite genre is Country, I even like some Western Swing, and I love a good bluegrass instrumental. I also like a bit of Celtic and a little bit of reggae, Christian Reggae can be pretty good. :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like to listen to a variety of Christian music across the board but I have my favorites. I love listening to scripture in song and also worship songs, old and new. What are some of your favorite artists or bands?
Disciple's Battle Lines is very effective, with hard hitting Biblical lyrics:

R

Rita

Hi Farouk,
I like lots of different music , not just Christian worship songs ( modern ones mostly )
Having four children ranging in ages, ( all liking different music ) and a Husband who like Queen, status quo ect, and I grew up in the 60-70’s - my music taste is very mixed, but very middle of the road...... don’t like heavy rock, country, classical ( unless it’s linked to a film ) .......at work we mainly have music on from the 60-70’s - so we all song along xx
Rita

Reactions: farouk

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I love listening to scripture in song and also worship songs, old and new. What are some of your favorite artists or bands?

I love scripture and song. I learned how to remember scripture by singing these songs.

animated-dance-smiley-image-0024.gif
Not the type of music I listened to pre-christian but it so makes me happy!!! Yeeehaaa!!!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love scripture and song. I learned how to remember scripture by singing these song.

Not the type of music I listened to pre-christian but it so makes me happy!!!

Perhaps you may have heard of the band "Sons of Korah" or may like them, they are an Aussie Christian band.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love scripture and song. I learned how to remember scripture by singing these songs.

Not the type of music I listened to pre-christian but it so makes me happy!!! Yeeehaaa!!!
@Angelina It's a good way to learn Scripture.

I think it's always good to remember that all Scripture is for us (for our learning, etc.); although all Scripture is not about us (dispensationally, etc.).

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
no....I do not think I do. My sister who is about 12 years older than me liked the new seekers? I grew up very fortunate to have lots of bros and sisters that spanned 2 decades. So I grew up listening to a variety of music

The music in the Baptist church however, spanned over 100 years or more...Lol!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
no....I do not think I do. My sister who is about 12 years older than me liked the new seekers? I grew up very fortunate to have lots of bros and sisters that spanned 2 decades. So I grew up listening to a variety of music
@Angelina Oh then she would maybe remember the New Seekers in the 70s; the Seekers were in the 60s.