What happened to the angels who mated with 'daughters of man'?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Genesis chapter 6, we find that angels [sons of God] mated with carnal women. What happened to them when God flooded the earth? Also, could it have been these angels who moved the large rocks/stones to build structures still found on the earth, today?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
they are here after the flood in canaan.
Solomon used those descended from them to build the temple. the bible says they are still here to this day.
so i would say they are still here.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
jaybird said:
they are here after the flood in canaan.
Solomon used those descended from them to build the temple. the bible says they are still here to this day.
so i would say they are still here.
So the descendants of Ham are in fact the descendants of the mating of angels and daughters of man? This would mean, that Ham's wife was a descendant of the original mating between angels and mankind. What happened to the original angels? They were created 'spiritual' (above humans). I cannot find any reference in the Bible, that lets us know what happened to the original angels who mated with mankind. One thing that might explain things, is the scripture that tells us, to be careful, because a stranger we meet, may in fact be, an angel.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Thorwald said:
So the descendants of Ham are in fact the descendants of the mating of angels and daughters of man? This would mean, that Ham's wife was a descendant of the original mating between angels and mankind. What happened to the original angels? They were created 'spiritual' (above humans). I cannot find any reference in the Bible, that lets us know what happened to the original angels who mated with mankind. One thing that might explain things, is the scripture that tells us, to be careful, because a stranger we meet, may in fact be, an angel.
i believe it was canaan cursed and not ham. the key is in the hebrew translations of the names/titles of the canaanite kings.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
jaybird said:
i believe it was canaan cursed and not ham. the key is in the hebrew translations of the names/titles of the canaanite kings.
Yes. However, there were only eight survivors of the FLOOD. Therefore, Ham's wife must be the descendant carrying forward the mating between angels and mankind.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gen 6 doesn't say that angels mated with human women. Angels could not as they are pure spirits.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mungo said:
Gen 6 doesn't say that angels mated with human women. Angels could not as they are pure spirits.
Yes it does (Genesis 6:2). We humans, have to be found worthy 'until the end' [of our lives], before we can become sons/daughters of God, equal unto the angels.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thorwald said:
Yes it does (Genesis 6:2). We humans, have to be found worthy 'until the end' [of our lives], before we can become sons/daughters of God, equal unto the angels.
Gen 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. (NIV)

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. (KJV)

the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves. (HCSB)

The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took to themselves wives of all which they chose. (Douay-Rheims)

that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were fair; and they took for themselves wives of all whom they chose. (KJ21)

Then the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair, and they took them wives of all that they liked. (1599 Geneva Bible)

the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose. (RSV)

Nope, Gen 6:2 doesn’t mention angels.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Just as with Christ we also are called Sons of God so were others before Earth. Two Israel's in the book of Ezekiel but they are called ancient Israel. They are from a earlier solar system. Many do not understand the book of Ezekiel because of the two. Moreover if you can not get over God was God before Earth then you will never understand these words.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ezekiel said:
Just as with Christ we also are called Sons of God so were others before Earth. Two Israel's in the book of Ezekiel but they are called ancient Israel. They are from a earlier solar system. Many do not understand the book of Ezekiel because of the two. Moreover if you can not get over God was God before Earth then you will never understand these words.
um, no.

My thoughts exactly. Someone has been watching too many Christopher Walken movies. :)

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Wormwood said:
um, no.

My thoughts exactly. Someone has been watching too many Christopher Walken movies. :)
Revelation 8:7
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Tell me what you think of the above. Mingled with blood, where the blood comes from.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
ezekiel said:
The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Tell me what you think of the above. Mingled with blood, where the blood comes from.
I will just show you.

The lord will destroy the ancient planet. Gods wheels are planets, stars rather solar systems.

2 And he spake unto the man clothed with linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims, and scatter them over the city. And he went in in my sight.

Then He will cast it on earth with the blood of them that dwell on it for the sins.

7 And one cherub stretched forth his hand from between the cherubims unto the fire that was between the cherubims, and took
thereof, and put it into the hands of him that was clothed with linen: who took it, and went out.

Are the truth hard to hear. How can many hear when they were taught otherwise.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Thorwald said:
So at the end of days Christ say's it will be like the days of Noah. So that DNA just shows up again just like Ham's wife Now that's just hard to believe. Or spiritual beings you know that you are saying Angels. Their were giants in those days they were called the Anak whom Israel went to war with. Not spiritual but flesh the offspring of the Sons of God. They ran them out by the power of God.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ezekiel said:

I think GK Beale addresses it well...

Revelation modifies the Exodus plague in that now only a third of the land and the trees are harmed, yet the affliction of all the grass remains unchanged, though the limitation to one third may be carried over from the previous clauses, as is more clearly the case in 8:11b. Although in one sense the trial has thus been limited in its effects, it has also been universalized in that it now has effect throughout the inhabited earth and not just within one nation (unless one adopts a preterist reading of the Apocalypse in which either Israel or the Roman Empire is the scene of the woes). Revelation also emphasizes that fire did the major harm, whereas Exodus gives this role to the hail. The addition of the element of “blood” may come from the first Egyptian plague, the Nile turning to blood, so that the first plague becomes an aspect of the first trumpet.16
This woe is not referring to literal fire that will burn up part of the earth. This is consistent with 1:1, where the visions are said to be a “communication by symbols.” Furthermore, “fire” elsewhere is used figuratively (so most clearly 4:5 and also in 1:14; 2:18; 10:1; and 19:12; see also on 9:17 and 11:5). 4:5 is especially relevant because there the “fire burning before the throne” in heaven receives a formal figurative interpretation, and the ordeals signaled by all the trumpets also have their origin “before God” (8:2) and therefore before the heavenly throne (8:3–4 explicitly equates “before the throne” with “before God”). The parts of the earth affected are associated with food supplies, which is clear from Exod. 9:25, 31–32. The Exodus plague destroyed only part of the food supply (Exod. 9:31–32: “flax and barley were smitten … but wheat and rye were not”). This is strikingly similar to the description in Rev. 6:6, where there is famine, and wheat and barley are scarce but still available.

G. K. Beale, The Book of Revelation: A Commentary on the Greek Text, New International Greek Testament Commentary (Grand Rapids, MI; Carlisle, Cumbria: W.B. Eerdmans; Paternoster Press, 1999), 473–474.

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ezekiel said:
Adam and Eve were son/daughter of God. All others, were sons/daughters of MAN. All angels are sons of God. All who were created by God directly, are sons/daughters of God. All those who were begotten through 'mating', are sons/daughters of man, who can become sons/daughters of God if they are found worthy, until the end of their lives.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thorwald said:
Adam and Eve were son/daughter of God. All others, were sons/daughters of MAN. All angels are sons of God. All who were created by God directly, are sons/daughters of God. All those who were begotten through 'mating', are sons/daughters of man, who can become sons/daughters of God if they are found worthy, until the end of their lives.
There is a maxim - "That which asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Are we supposed to believe you because you say so?

irondumpty

Aug 7, 2016
Thorwald said:
In Genesis chapter 6, we find that angels [sons of God] mated with carnal women. What happened to them when God flooded the earth? Also, could it have been these angels who moved the large rocks/stones to build structures still found on the earth, today?
Originally, God sentenced them to watching their children war between their 3 main races.
The three races of the Nephilim and the humans all wared. It was a global war of annihilation in which most of them were killed as well as the other monster-like creatures the angels made.

After the flood killed the rest, they tried ot again. So God took every last angel in that group and put them in the prison of angels to be held in chains of darkness until the judgment.
The post flood Nephilim (Anakim, Raphaim, etc) were killed off and are now extinct.

irondumpty

Aug 7, 2016
Thorwald said:
Ham's descendants are not Nephilim. They were killed off in many wars.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thorwald said:
I'm not 100% certain, but I'll say that they are most likely the same angels referred to in the book of Jude and 2 Peter that have been locked up in everlasting chains 'under darkness' until judgement day. In all likelihood, this is the same "darkness" that is referred to as the bottomless pit in Revelation 13.

(Jude 1:6) "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

(2 Peter 2:4) "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;"
This place of darkness is simply referred to as "hell" in 2 Peter. As far I know, this shows that "hell" is a generic term that could be referring to three different places. The first is the the realm of the dead reserved for man as a temporary holding place for the unrighteous (read the story of Lazarus), the second is the bottomless pit, and the last is the lake of fire, where death and hell itself will be cast into. Since it is stated that hell itself will be cast into the Lake of Fire, then that leaves the bottomless pit as the most likely place being referred to in the verses above. As far as their role in the construction of the great stone structures around the world, I can't really say for sure. Personally, I think mans ingenuity is good enough by itself to explain many of the stone structures seen all over the place. In the link below is a YouTube video from a guy that believes that demons had a hand in the building of the pyramids in Egypt due to the lack of unsatisfactory explanations given for how they it would be done by man alone.

Demon Power Built The Pyramids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONoeOpkqXik

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mungo said:
Gen 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. (NIV)

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. (KJV)

the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves. (HCSB)

The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took to themselves wives of all which they chose. (Douay-Rheims)

that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were fair; and they took for themselves wives of all whom they chose. (KJ21)

Then the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair, and they took them wives of all that they liked. (1599 Geneva Bible)

the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair; and they took to wife such of them as they chose. (RSV)

In the NT, we find scriptures referring to 'Christ', as the 'Christ child', the 'MAN Christ', 'the Son of Man', and so on. We know, that as Lord of Hosts [who was in Christ], He is also the only begotten Son of God. This tells me, that until we are changed after our carnal death, we are sons/daughters of Man, only. Genesis 6:2 differentiates between sons/daughters of God and sons/daughters of man.