What happens to Christians that die while hating another?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that hatred removed from us by Jesus? Or, are there Christians in Heaven that hate other Christians in Heaven? Or, is there another answer?

Reactions: DuckieLady

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dying and being buried with Christ. Is where the old man dies. If a Christian desires to to do so. The death of Christ is a given.

However that is not the full power of the Gospel message it is the burial and resurrection.

As believers they have the option to die with Christ in the grave to their former way of life and be resurrected with Christ bringing forth the new spiritual life in a believer which they walk by faith and they are able to by choice to walk by the spirit or live to the flesh.

From my understanding in the Heavenly Jerusalem there will not be any hating, because hating it the antithesis of love. God is love.

Some may try to justified God hated esau and love Jacob or whoever that line goes but that talking about the ways in which one nation went also the other. He still desired for them to come truth and loved them (in my opinion) however they may not have desired to change their mind.

It’s like when Jesus said hate your mom, dad, and brother. All he was saying was make your your priorities for God first and love others.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is that hatred removed from us by Jesus? Or, are there Christians in Heaven that hate other Christians in Heaven? Or, is there another answer?
I would actually question whether it is right for a Christian to hate ……wouldn’t the Holy Spirit convict a person if the feelings were that deep. Forgiveness is a process, but isn’t that at the heart of our faith.
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is Hate? Expressly it is a Strong dislike.
Can one Love a person and Strongly dislike that same person?
Society implies and advocates; No.
I say, Yes. Because Love is not the opposite of Hate.

I don't think it is a matter of "Christians in Heaven"....but rather, "saved souls" and "quicked spirits" IN Heaven, whose purpose has nothing to do with dwelling on what a dead and buried body, carnal mind, thought, observed, loved or strongly disliked.

Glory to God,
Taken

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dying and being buried with Christ. Is where the old man dies. If a Christian desires to to do so. The death of Christ is a given.

However that is not the full power of the Gospel message it is the burial and resurrection.

As believers they have the option to die with Christ in the grave to their former way of life and be resurrected with Christ bringing forth the new spiritual life in a believer which they walk by faith and they are able to by choice to walk by the spirit or live to the flesh.

From my understanding in the Heavenly Jerusalem there will not be any hating, because hating it the antithesis of love. God is love.

Some may try to justified God hated esau and love Jacob or whoever that line goes but that talking about the ways in which one nation went also the other. He still desired for them to come truth and loved them (in my opinion) however they may not have desired to change their mind.

It’s like when Jesus said hate your mom, dad, and brother. All he was saying was make your your priorities for God first and love others.

Thanks but you didn't directly address my questions.

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe hatred is already removed by Jesus, in that hatred comes from our flesh, and not our new creation spirit. When our flesh body is resurrected, it will be changed to be incorruptible, and there will no longer be a "hating flesh" for us to contend with. And our spirit does not hate, it only loves, as God loves.

Much love!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had the thought yesterday that if two Christians were in Heaven how would it go. First of all, you can't be forgiven without forgiving others.

Well I have a "secret" experience from my childhood and I believe 1,000% it was Heaven. I have no idea how it happened.

In Heaven, there is love everywhere. You feel it everywhere. When you are there it is just love.

Now I didn't have any hate for anyone in Heaven, but I would have to assume that you're not going to have time for that. That's just the feeling I get. I can't explain it any further.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is if you hate someone you’re a murderer at heart and will split hell wide open at death.

1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is if you hate someone you’re a murderer at heart and will split hell wide open at death.

1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Perfect response. Thank you!

Reactions: Curtis

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a falling out with my former in-laws a number of years ago. Even though I believe they were more responsible for the falling out, I nevertheless expressed remorse and tried to reconcile with them. They rejected me. They both claim to be Christian.

What do you suppose will happen to them when they die?

On another note, I participate in another forum and there are posters there that claim to be Christian but who get into nasty, hateful, name-calling against one another. I warned them that, if you hate one another, you will NOT be permitted into Heaven.

Of course, there is definitely a difference between a strong "dislike" and true hatred. For those Christians with a strong dislike of another Christian, I supposed it's likely that, upon entering Heaven, they will change their attitudes toward their fellow Christians. I presume that's what will happen to my ex-in-laws.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The responses here are pretty good, but anyone who says that they know with certainty is placing themselves in the seat of Christ. However, 1 John is pretty clear in equating the hatred of "a brother" as proof of an absence of relationship with God in Christ.
All God's adopted children are subject to the discipline of a righteous and loving Father, who is also in control over the span of their lives. I don't see how an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God could allow a beloved child to die in their sin, and the redeemed are just that.

Reactions: K9Buck

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The responses here are pretty good, but anyone who says that they know with certainty is placing themselves in the seat of Christ. However, 1 John is pretty clear in equating the hatred of "a brother" as proof of an absence of relationship with God in Christ.
All God's adopted children are subject to the discipline of a righteous and loving Father, who is also in control over the span of their lives. I don't see how an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent God could allow a beloved child to die in their sin, and the redeemed are just that.

Because our new covenant is still a marriage covenant, and living sinfully is spiritual adultery - and God in fact ended the first marriage covenant by divorcing His bride Israel for spiritual adultery, in Jeremiah 3:8.

Jude warns us that God didn’t spare His angels, or cities or people who sinned, neither will He spare us, should we also choose to live sinfully.

Maranatha

Reactions: K9Buck

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because our new covenant is still a marriage covenant, and living sinfully is spiritual adultery - and God in fact ended the first marriage covenant by divorcing His bride Israel for spiritual adultery, in Jeremiah 3:8.

Jude warns us that God didn’t spare His angels, or cities or people who sinned, neither will He spare us, should we also choose to live sinfully.

Maranatha

A sobering post. Thank you.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maranatha
Yes and no. Jeremiah 3:8 is a reference to the Northern tribes that rebelled against Rehoboam, the son of Solomon, to follow Jeroboam, God's choice to reign over the 10 rebel tribes. Since Jeroboam wanted to separate worship from Jerusalem, He set up his own priesthood in Bethel and a golden calf to be worshipped as the god of Israel. After his reign six successive kings contributed to the downward spiral into paganism, the last of which was king Ahab. Ahab and his foreign wife Jezebel restored the canaanite religions of Baal and ashtoreth worship. The kings of David's line ruled over Judah and Benjamin, some leaning toward the kings of Israel and their pagan practices, others leading revivals and following the precepts of scripture, restoring temple worship and actively pursuing the eradication of Baal worship, the destruction of the Asherah and the "sacred gardens".
Hosea was primarily a prophet to those separated tribes and the book of Hosea says more about God's marriage to His chosen people than any other.
Hosea promised both a destruction of Israel for her adultery and a restoration that has not yet been seen.
This isn't a justification of sin, but a revelation of God's enduring mercy and unchanging character manifested in unconditional love.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Roman's 5:7-9
Our sin grieves God, but does not harm Him, it harms us. The law was given to Israel to promote long life in the land. The law was God's wisdom for the blessing of Israel, and Israel's rejection of the law was their rejection of life in favor of death. Not all sin leads to death, but our God is the giver of life and rejecting Him is rejecting life.
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; Deuteronomy 30:19

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
In heaven we will all have the mind of Christ which is unity and love, the former things have passed away, but the hateful will be in hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks