What is a lukewarm Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 3:

16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
Jesus addressed the nominal Christians. It was a warning. Take heed. Get serious. The context points to the Church in Sardis (Revelation 3:1). I do not have an operational definition of lukewarm. I leave it to the conscience of the individual believers to decide for themselves whether he is a lukewarm Christian or not.

Luke 12:

47“The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.
That's one kind of lukewarm Christian.

48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows.
That's another.

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
Lukewarm Christians will be punished, some more and some less. Get busy and active in the will of God.

See How not to be lukewarm.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:

Jesus addressed the nominal Christians. It was a warning. Take heed. Get serious. The context points to the Church in Sardis (Revelation 3:1). I do not have an operational definition of lukewarm. I leave it to the conscience of the individual believers to decide for themselves whether he is a lukewarm Christian or not.

Luke 12:

That's one kind of lukewarm Christian.

That's another.

Lukewarm Christians will be punished, some more and some less. Get busy and active in the will of God.

See How not to be lukewarm.
It seems to me there are two kinds of Christians, those who are actively trying to please the Lord, and those who are using the Lord.