What is a "new body"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I woke up this morning and out of nowhere I said "I'm getting a new body" but it was like I didn't say it.

And I usually ignore all things almost because not everything I have heard or said is good, but this was like unexpected and strange. I don't have bad feelings about it but I don't get it.

Is there any reference to this Biblically where it doesn't involve dying or the rapture? Do I ignore it?

Because it was not a fleeting random thought, it was like right there.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I woke up this morning and out of nowhere I said "I'm getting a new body" but it was like I didn't say it.

And I usually ignore all things almost because not everything I have heard or said is good, but this was like unexpected and strange. I don't have bad feelings about it but I don't get it.

Is there any reference to this Biblically where it doesn't involve dying or the rapture? Do I ignore it?

Because it was not a fleeting random thought, it was like right there.
There's the marriage of the lamb. When are bodies are one with Christ. He uses it to caution us against sin and unhealthy lifestyles and such. He speaks to us from his body in ways that we can understand. Like feeling physically that something is wrong so we shouldn't do it.

But in the sense of his perfect body being one with our imperfect bodies, then yes it's a new body.

Revelation 19:6-9

King James Version

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's the marriage of the lamb. When are bodies are one with Christ. He uses it to caution us against sin and unhealthy lifestyles and such. He speaks to us from his body in ways that we can understand. Like feeling physically that something is wrong so we shouldn't do it.

But in the sense of his perfect body being one with our imperfect bodies, then yes it's a new body.

Revelation 19:6-9

King James Version

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
I guess I'm just confused because I thought I did all that...

I haven't been in good health either, so I have considered that but it just seems like there would be more clear ways of saying that.

I won't stress out about it, because I don't really understand it, but it caught my attention.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Is this the Christians worshipping before Christ's return that people talk about?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm just confused because I thought I did all that...

I haven't been in good health either, so I have considered that but it just seems like there would be more clear ways of saying that.

I won't stress out about it, because I don't really understand it, but it caught my attention.
The holy spirit gives us life and extends our days on earth. So if we want to be healthier and live longer we should embrace things that bring the Holy Spirit to our souls like serving others and God.

There are several references to the Holy Spirit being the spirit of life for us. My favorite scripture is misinterpreted often, but reads:

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.
So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him. 10 For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the Christians worshipping before Christ's return that people talk about?
Sorry I'm not that versed in scripture regarding revelation. I understand basic doctrines. But revelation is mostly still a mystery to me. I understand the marriage of the Lamb from personal experience and being able to feel the Lords virtuous body around me at times.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nervous about a new body that never aches or falls apart??
Well now I can't figure out if I'm dying or if it was just my brain having a glitch.

But if I'm not dying, then I shouldn't be, because that means y'all coming with me.

Actually it was prophesied over me years ago I would be leading a bunch of people in worship here, and now I am here and the world certainly changed, which is what piqued my curiosity about the scripture posted by @devin53344 .

I don't know what that worship is for.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy, I had visitations from the Holy Spirit who brought me thru what this talks about:

Zechariah 13:8-9

King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

It was after that that I could feel the Lords body. It think it is the sealing of the Holy Spirit. The Lord's body is communed from the Holy Spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my understanding i have no scripture to give only my conjecture. When a person is born again they are given the Holy Spirit/spirit of Christ to now live by along with becoming a new creature. This new creature creation is the new spiritual birth of being born again as a believer in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

This new creation is suppose to be Christlike, or conform to the image of Christ as you live in your fleshly body but living by the spirit.

This new born spirit is like a child and needs milk, the it grows up and eats meat. All spiritual, feeding off of Christ and the Letters of the Bible, maybe even the Old Testament.

You are now a person with dual natures. Flesh and spirit.

When you die your spiritual being goes on to God in which God rewards you for your faith in having love for God and others. And that new “mansion” is going to be your new spiritual habitat. Where you will be pleased with the results because God is good, and gives good gifts.

Even to people who are unsaved, though if they had the chance to believe and accept grace through faith in Jesus Christ; and reject they are also given a spiritual body “mansion” habitat made just for them. They dwell outside the city of the Heavenly Jerusalem. From my understanding.

Great question thank you for asking FYD.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my understanding i have no scripture to give only my conjecture. When a person is born again they are given the Holy Spirit/spirit of Christ to now live by along with becoming a new creature. This new creature creation is the new spiritual birth of being born again as a believer in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

This new creation is suppose to be Christlike, or conform to the image of Christ as you live in your fleshly body but living by the spirit.

This new born spirit is like a child and needs milk, the it grows up and eats meat. All spiritual, feeding off of Christ and the Letters of the Bible, maybe even the Old Testament.

When you die your spiritual being goes on to God in which God rewards you for your faith in having love for God and others. And that new “mansion” is going to be your new spiritual habitat. Where you will be pleased with the results because God is good, and gives good gifts.

Even to people who are unsaved, though if they had the chance to believe and accept grace through faith in Jesus Christ; and reject they are also given a spiritual body “mansion” habitat made just for them. They dwell outside the city of the Heavenly Jerusalem. From my understanding.

Sounds like you have a good grasp on the concept Matthew, everything is conducted thru the Holy Spirit. We take the sacrament of bread and wine in hopes to receive the body of Christ, but if not then we have the Holy Spirit. This is at the end of all Catholic Mass online. cheers :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fluffy, I had visitations from the Holy Spirit who brought me thru what this talks about:

Zechariah 13:8-9

King James Version

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

It was after that that I could feel the Lords body. It think it is the sealing of the Holy Spirit. The Lord's body is communed from the Holy Spirit.

I think I have some understanding of what this is about but I'm a little paranoid to say it, because it was over my mother, and I'm not certain how much I trust the prophecy from the woman. I can't discern it properly and I don't want to speak falsely.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now I can't figure out if I'm dying or if it was just my brain having a glitch.

But if I'm not dying, then I shouldn't be, because that means y'all coming with me.

Actually it was prophesied over me years ago I would be leading a bunch of people in worship here, and now I am here and the world certainly changed, which is what piqued my curiosity about the scripture posted by @devin53344 .

I don't know what that worship is for.

You're a pleasant person to converse with Fluffy. And your well liked here. Perhaps the prophecies about you are correct?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks @MatthewG very comforting. I am going to have to read it a few times more to take it in.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you have a good grasp on the concept Matthew, everything is conducted thru the Holy Spirit. We take the sacrament of bread and wine in hopes to receive the body of Christ, but if not then we have the Holy Spirit. This is at the end of all Catholic Mass online. cheers :)

I respect that. Love you brother still in my prayers brother.

@FluffyYellowDuck it took about a full month to understand its fully all biblical. I use to listen to my teacher talk about these things every day.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a pleasant person to converse with Fluffy. And your well liked here. Perhaps the prophecies about you are correct?
Thank you! Spoken a few times by a few different people.

If it be God's will. You know, I honestly didn't think of it until things in the world started getting really weird.

In the second one, he said something to the effect of, "Don't ever worry about not having anything." (He meant after.) I'm pretty lacking in this life so... I don't know.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I have some understanding of what this is about but I'm a little paranoid to say it, because it was over my mother, and I'm not certain how much I trust the prophecy from the woman. I can't discern it properly and I don't want to speak falsely.
My spirit was ill, and God brought me thru what he called the Spiritual Resurrection and sealing. People probably call that being born again. But that is what he told me. The spirit he showed me was a silver spirit. I think it was him saying he was bringing me thru those verses in Zechariah. Being tried in the fire and him carrying us thru it.