What IS a Partaker of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ztheberean

Nov 27, 2006
Are YOU being exhorted DAILY, so that you can be “made” into a partaker of Christ? (Heb 3:13-14) IF so, then you understand that we are “made” into partakers of Christ through God’s chastening process (Heb 12:8), because whom the Lord LOVES, He chastens (through the doctrinal instruction of Grace which is within corrections see Strong’s Greek #3811) AND scourges (corrected through afflictions see Strong’s Greek #3146) so that we can be received by God (Heb 12:6).Have you ASKED God to take you through THIS chastening process without despising it OR fainting from it? (Heb 12:5) IF SO, THEN GOD IS DEALING WITH YOU AS HIS CHILD BECAUSE HE IS HELPING YOU TO ENDURE THROUGH IT (Heb 12:7).This chastening is supposed to be GRIEVOUS (for a season) so that AFTERWARDS we can perform the fruit of righteousness in peace (because of GOD working) (Heb 12:11). Our earthly father of the flesh corrected us for “their own pleasure”, and we had to respect him, but God the heavenly Father chastens His children for their profit of the partaking of His holiness (12:9-10), which holiness is to have UNDERSTANDING (Prov 9:10) (so that we can teach believers who are without this wisdom).This IS why God calls us to “Be holy, as I am holy” (1Pet 1:15). We become holy by GOD WORKING His truth into us, so that its light could come out of us and this is when we have understanding (Prov 9:10, Jn 3:21). This is why it is also said that we are to “receive the engrafted word” (by learning it through the instruction of grace) so that God would work to “put off” all of our filthiness (of the flesh) and evil (“self-motivated deeds”) so our souls can be saved (Jm 1:21) Without the deception of believing that you don’t have to be a DOER of the word and you can just hear it!! (Jm 1:22).Believers who have experienced the partaking of Christ’s “suffering” ARE GLORIFYING GOD AT WORK (1Pet 4:13-14) because of His grace that called them to thus “suffer” for awhile so that they could be strengthened (1Pet 5:10), by HIS POWER, in order to partake of the “divine nature” AFTER escaping lusts, so that they could have the life of godliness (2Pet 1:3-4) because they were given diligence from God to add to their faith:1. Virtue2. Knowledge (of the glory of God at work)3. Temperance (to live a moderated lifestyle)4. Patience (to)5. Love the brethren Which sets forth this fruitful knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ (2Pet 1:5-8) ALWAYS, not only for believers to remember THESE THINGS, but to also DO them, so that they would NEVER fall because they are established in this truth which was ministered unto them by a servant, for their entrance into the everlasting kingdom (2Pet 1:12, 10, 1, and 11).ARE YOU BEING MADE INTO A PARTAKER OF CHRIST?

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
Amen...Reminds me of a song by Ginny Owens.....Artist: Ginny OwensTitle: If You Want Me ToThe pathway is brokenAnd the signs are unclearAnd I don't know the reason why You brought me hereBut just because You love me the way that You doI'm gonna walk through the valleyIf You want me toNo I'm not who I wasWhen I took my first stepAnd I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yetSo if all of these trials bring me closer to YouThen I will go through the fireIf You want me toIt may not be the way I would have chosenWhen You lead me through a world that's not my homeBut You never said it would be easyYou only said I'll never go aloneSo when the whole world turns against meAnd I'm all by myselfAnd I can't hear You answer my cries for helpI'll remember the suffering Your love put You throughAnd I will walk through the darknessIf You want me toWhen I cross over Jordan, I'm gonna sing, gonna shoutGonna look into your eyes and see you never let me downSo take me on the pathway that leads me home to youAnd I will walk through the valley if you want me toYes, I will walk through the valley if you want me to