What is "Amazing Grace"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What is "Amazing Grace"?

Why did this person write this incredible song?

Its because they completely understood: The Cross.

Its like this...

God completed the entire process of Salvation, for each of the born again.... by doing it Himself.
= God's Grace.

"God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to Complete it".

What is that?
That is God starting Salvation on the Cross by Blood and Death, and then giving it to us as the "gift of Righteousness", when we BELIEVE.
"Faith is counted as Salvation, (Righteousness), as to be Righteous= is to be saved.

But it gets BETTER.
Its GETS AMAZING..

Christ then completes our FAITH....for us also.
Even this part, that we gave God, that He accepted, is finished by God.

"Jesus is the Author and FINISHER of "our" Faith". Hebrews 12:2
He does it, Himself.

Salvation is ALL OF GOD......from the Cross , to the giving of Righteousness, and finally Jesus even confirms and "authors" and "finishes" our FAITH.

THAT IS =AMAZING GRACE.
That is God doing it all, and we RECEIVE IT ALL, as a "GIFT".
"The GIfT of Salvation".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see anything wrong with this post; there is nothing in it that as a watchman I might have to address.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't see anything wrong with this post; there is nothing in it that as a watchman I might have to address.

Reading the bible...even a lot...doesn't qualify you to be a watchman. It only gives you an opinion.

And the OP is about cheap grace...trying to amazingly take things from God (exploit) to save oneself and keep their ego intact. VERY superficial.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This term . . . "cheap grace" . . . I know it's been used to call out when someone claims God's grace, yet desires to sin.

But I can't help but think . . . those words were chosen to denigrate grace overall. What makes grace more valuable? Is it the Value of the One Who gives it? Do we mean, that it's more valuable if we pay a price ourselves?

To me it would simply mean a grace that we don't value, and therefore don't receive. Only in name.

But that doesn't change grace, it's God's gift to us, we are not at all the giver of that gift. He starts it. He finishes it. That's God's promise, and we can rest assured.

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is "Amazing Grace"?

Why did this person write this incredible song?

Its because they completely understood: The Cross.

Its like this...

God completed the entire process of Salvation, for each of the born again.... by doing it Himself.
= God's Grace.

"God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to Complete it".

What is that?
That is God starting Salvation on the Cross by Blood and Death, and then giving it to us as the "gift of Righteousness", when we BELIEVE.
"Faith is counted as Salvation, (Righteousness), as to be Righteous= is to be saved.

But it gets BETTER.
Its GETS AMAZING..

Christ then completes our FAITH....for us also.
Even this part, that we gave God, that He accepted, is finished by God.

"Jesus is the Author and FINISHER of "our" Faith". Hebrews 12:2
He does it, Himself.

Salvation is ALL OF GOD......from the Cross , to the giving of Righteousness, and finally Jesus even confirms and "authors" and "finishes" our FAITH.

THAT IS =AMAZING GRACE.
That is God doing it all, and we RECEIVE IT ALL, as a "GIFT".
"The GIfT of Salvation".
Happy is the man to whom God does not impute sin!

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@marks Reminds me of Philippians 1.6: 'He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ'.

Yes.
That is the final answer.
God began our salvation and God finishes our salvation.
If it was not ALL of God, He could not offer it as a GIFT.

"The GIFT of Salvation".

Reactions: farouk

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This term . . . "cheap grace" . . . I know it's been used to call out when someone claims God's grace, yet desires to sin.

But I can't help but think . . . those words were chosen to denigrate grace overall. What makes grace more valuable? Is it the Value of the One Who gives it? Do we mean, that it's more valuable if we pay a price ourselves?

To me it would simply mean a grace that we don't value, and therefore don't receive. Only in name.

But that doesn't change grace, it's God's gift to us, we are not at all the giver of that gift. He starts it. He finishes it. That's God's promise, and we can rest assured.

Much love!

Reader..

"rest assured", is the KEY to right believing.
When we REST in God's Grace, we CEASE from our self effort to try to DO what God has already given as a Gift.
Once we SEE this......then we rest ASSURED that God is well able to complete our salvation.
Its this KNOWING that allows us to live a perfected discipleship.
Its the same as Paul saying..>"Christ ALWAYS gives me/us the VICTORY".
GRACE is the Victory, and we can rest assured of this Truth.

"well behold are you saying that we are not to try to be a good disciple of Jesus, we are to do nothing"?

No, im explaining, as Paul has explained that you can't live the top quality Christian Discipleship until you come to the place where you are no longer doing it with any wrong believing regarding your eternal security.

Saint....You have to come to the place in your faith where you BELIEVE that GOD has you and you are never going to be parted, no matter what.... as once you BELIEVE THIS, then you have finally found real faith and God's Grace.
From THAT Right Believing, you will find your discipleship changes and becomes totally elevated.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint....You have to come to the place in your faith where you BELIEVE that GOD has you and you are never going to be parted, no matter what.... as once you BELIEVE THIS, then you have finally found real faith and God's Grace.
From THAT Right Believing, you will find your discipleship changes and becomes totally elevated.
Amen!!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Add some!

:)
Ok,

Galatians 2:20-21 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. [21] I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It Appears to me here that Paul is stating the faith within him is that of Jesus, it's his faith a gift of His Spirit.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok,

Galatians 2:20-21 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. [21] I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It Appears to me here that Paul is stating the faith within him is that of Jesus, it's his faith a gift of His Spirit.

". . . and the life I live, I live by the faith of Jesus, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me . . ."

The faith of Jesus, in the Genetive case, showing possession, or origin, of that faith. Jesus' faith!

Just like the LXX translation of Habbakuk, The just, by My faith, they live!

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

". . . and the life I live, I live by the faith of Jesus, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me . . ."

The faith of Jesus, in the Genetive case, showing possession, or origin, of that faith. Jesus' faith!

Much love!

That's actually by (in) his faith...Be-emounato. That could be a man's own faith...or the faith OF Christ (NT style)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the bible...even a lot...doesn't qualify you to be a watchman. It only gives you an opinion.

It gives me a biblical opinion.

God called Ezekiel to be a watchman for the house of Israel; and He has called me to be a watchman on these boards; whether I am qualified or not.

However, I have heard it said that God does not call the qualified but He qualifies the called.

Therefore, because I am called, I am also qualified.

"rest assured", is the KEY to right believing.

Heb 4:10, For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11, Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Well, I didn't know about all that but now I do

Thanks