What is an acceptable Christian life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
I read something today that sparked this topic.

I know that we are to be striving to be more like Christ, but what exactly does that "look" like?
Do you think personality, laughter is ok? or are we to be stoic and more serious?

My opinion: I am not perfect at all, but I don't feel that drawing people to God is formulaic or simply appearing holy. I don't feel that dying to self means being devoid of personality and the ability to connect with unbelievers or people drowning in sin. I feel that God made us all different, and in that, gave us all unique "arms" to reach out and make disciples out of the nations. Our roots remaining grounded in God's Word and our thoughts being centered on Christ.

I can't help but think that this gets into the religion vs. following Christ debate, which I try to avoid if possible.

What's your take on balancing God's command to "make disciples of all nations" with dying to self and bearing your cross? How do you manage it? What do you think is acceptable?

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
...I am not perfect at all...

According to whom? Humans or God or both?

Have you come to Christ by faith and been born again? If so, then did you know that God now legally sees you "In Christ" and as if you had never sinned (Justified) and sees you as if you are perfect, Col 1:28, and sees you as wearing Jesus' robe of righteousness, Isa 61:10?

Hasn't anyone ever explained to you that nobody can enter heaven unless they are viewed as sinless and perfect by the Father, and that's the reason God came up with GRACE which means the guilty can stand as if they are legally perfect and righteous, because Jesus' perfection and righteousness is legally imputed and credited to the Christian? Hasn't anyone explained this to you?

Even though realistically you and I are sinners, according to Father God we stand JUSTIFIED and PERFECT and RIGHTEOUS because of GRACE and because Jesus' life and death is credited and imputed to us.

Has anyone explained the Gospel to you and what legally happens to a born again Christians? Has someone ever explained 2Cor 5:21 to you?

As a Christian we are asked to walk as Jesus walked, 1 John 2:6, so in every decision you make in life, ask yourself, "If Jesus was me, what would He choose to do?"

God bless.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I read something today that sparked this topic.

I know that we are to be striving to be more like Christ, but what exactly does that "look" like?
Do you think personality, laughter is ok? or are we to be stoic and more serious?

My opinion: I am not perfect at all, but I don't feel that drawing people to God is formulaic or simply appearing holy. I don't feel that dying to self means being devoid of personality and the ability to connect with unbelievers or people drowning in sin. I feel that God made us all different, and in that, gave us all unique "arms" to reach out and make disciples out of the nations. Our roots remaining grounded in God's Word and our thoughts being centered on Christ.

I can't help but think that this gets into the religion vs. following Christ debate, which I try to avoid if possible.

What's your take on balancing God's command to "make disciples of all nations" with dying to self and bearing your cross? How do you manage it? What do you think is acceptable?
I think we are the most beautiful to God when we are just being ourselves...just going with His flow, laughing and growing as we go. We don't have to be spiritual know-it-alls with a serious face all the time, putting people off with the Gospel but no love. The world should want to be around us and get to know our God !!!

Reactions: Shirley

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As we look to Him He molds and shapes. Look at the disciples as an example of diverse personalities and temperments. No molds here.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
I think we are the most beautiful to God when we are just being ourselves...just going with His flow, laughing and growing as we go. We don't have to be spiritual know-it-alls with a serious face all the time, putting people off with the Gospel but no love. The world should want to be around us and get to know our God !!!

Amen and Amen...

God has a sense of humor

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, love yes, but the gospel will often 'put people off'
(1Co 1:23) But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;