1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is Causing the Spike in COVID-19 Cases?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by historyb, Jul 9, 2020.

1. historyb

historyb Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Cristo Rei and marks like this.
  2. brian100

brian100 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why believe in God if has no power to protect you.

3. Scoot

Scoot Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I'm confused by that statement. Are you suggesting that there's no point believing in God if you don't believe he will protect us from COVID?

I'm not interested in believing in a God that suits my definition of what I think God should be and finding scriptures that I can use to back that up. I'm interested in finding out the truth of God, His word, and everything else - regardless of whether it fits with my preconceived notions of who I think He should be or not and how many times I have to realise I am wrong about something.

So, if God chooses not to protect me from COVID, or allows me to die from a disease, etc - that's fine by me, if it's OK with Him. His ways are far beyond mine, and He is perfect. My belief is not going to change the truth - and I want to walk in the truth and His will, not expect Him to change to address my will and walk in ideology or idolatry. What Jesus did on the cross in the way of salvation was everything. I don't need him to do more for me to win me over into believing in Him, and if He chooses to - I will praise Him. If he chooses not to do any more - I will yet still praise Him.

4. brian100

brian100 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If you save your life you will lose it.

No I was saying I believe God can protect my life from a dumb germ.

I have enuf faith to say I will never die.

5. historyb

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Brian we all die and so will you. God never said He would protect us from everything just that we would be saved. If God determines we die die from this we will. As Christians of course we go to heave so while our bodies will parish our soul will not. Being prudent is a good thing, God will not save us from our own stupidity.

Giuliano and Scoot like this.
  6. Scoot

Scoot Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Spot on. From my perspective there is a narrow road here for us to walk on, and two separate gutters as traps for us to fall into if we are not careful:

1) Believing that God will protect us from germs, viruses, etc and thus not giving any care about the situation at all, and be haughty, looking down at others who don't share our views, or encouraging others on our foolish ideas, or

2) Living in perpetual fear about the virus and turning our focus and trust away from God and focusing onto the threat instead.

In the most simplest of examples to share this: We wash our hands after we have been to the bathroom before we prepare food for ourselves and others (at least I hope). We don't do this because we live in fear of the germs in the bathroom, but rather we are now aware of what they are - and we have access to soap - so we take reasonable precautions. This involves consideration to others (not wanting to spread our germs), as well as practical wisdom for ourselves as well. I don't walk around saying I don't need to wash my hands because God is able to protect me from germs. I take reasonable and practical precautions.

So likewise I see no problems in taking reasonable precautions with this virus. For me, that means trying to keep a yard (where practical) in distance from others when at the supermarket, etc, for both respect to them, and my own protection, and I also wash my hands when I get home. (Personally I don't mind this at all - I haven't even had a cold all year :) )

However if that turns into fear and paranoia - we have just given ground to the enemy, and we are no longer putting our trust in God. As Christians we shouldn't fear anything - including death itself. Not because we won't die - but because we trust in One greater - regardless of what path He would have us travel on. The only one we should fear is God - and that's with a different fear - one of reverence, not of paranoia. But that doesn't mean we're not practical.

As another extreme and ironic example of the gutter the other side, there was a pastor recently who was holding church declaring that Christians would be immune from the virus. He ended up dying from that Virus. I certainly believe God is 'big enough' to protect him from the virus too - but it seems evident that God chose not to. Maybe there's a lesson there for us that while God can do all things - His actions don't bend to our ideology regardless of how much we choose to believe He will - and we should be seeking His will as opposed to our perception of His will.

historyb, Nancy and Giuliano like this.
  7. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You may be right because Revelation 8 may be fulfilled in 2029, and that's less than 10 years and we'll see Jesus.

and @Scoot

I too believe in divine protection. Mark 16:16-18 shows us that all believers have the right to expect it if we are abiding in Jesus.

16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. 17 These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

The red is a Hebrew idiom meaning divine protection. It doesn't mean we will literally be picking up snakes and drinking poison on purpose. (That is the sin of presumption). And protection is not limited to snakes and poison, but anything.

8. historyb

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That was testing God and as Scripture says "Do not put the Lord your God to the test"

Yehren likes this.
  9. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    ha, speaking of testing, obviously an increase in c19 testing would lead to "more" cases, yeh

Waiting on him, Phoneman777 and Helen like this.
  10. Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    @historyb great video... More people need to hear from experts like this cos the coronaphobia has taken a grip on the world.

historyb likes this.
  11. Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Such is about ones Soul.
    Not about being killed or whatever, we are not superman, we are still flesh and blood as another.

Before being truly born again one is not in contact with ones Soul. the Soul is like being in contact with Christ Jesus as you become as one in his body. so what ever happens from that point he will never leave you or you leave him, but your flesh can be subjected to anything.

I have one foolish religious mate who claims that he can have sex with any degenerates because he is protected from getting the pox, AIDS or whatever, walk down any street regardless and he will not be attacked, what a fool ! now he says that to me, but he is the biggest coward going in reality, he is all show.

historyb, Helen and Cristo Rei like this.
  12. Yehren

Yehren Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why wear a seat belt if God is protecting you? Why drive sober if God will protect you?

Do not test God. He forbids it. I think you should listen to Him.

LovePeace, amadeus and Giuliano like this.
  13. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I believe that you hit the nail on the head.

Protection is like everything ...faith comes via hearing.
    IF GOD SPOKE and says -“do thus and so” or “go to blah blah”... we are under specific protection ..we are under His orders ...
    He shows this as a picture in the OT ...whenever He told Israel to attack , they won..yet when they went up against the enemy on their own volition ..they were badly routed.

Knowing how to stay tuned to the Lords voice , is how we should live every day...and now even more so in these evil days.

Rita, Giuliano and Yehren like this.
  14. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    more pertinent might be what is causing the spike in suicides, which is causing way more deaths than any virus right now

Enoch111 and Giuliano like this.
  15. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    bbyrd009 likes this.
  16. Cristo Rei

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Great article. It covers a fair bit of ground so here are some takeaway points

• No antibodies specific to COVID-19 have been found by pathologists. Logically, then, doctors are unable to confirm if the virus was ever present in the body.
    • Autopsies conducted in several European countries do not show that the virus is deadly, i.e. no-one has died because of the virus.
    • There is no scientific proof that the RNA sequences [deemed to match that of the novel coronavirus] are causing what is called COVID-19, i.e. so do we know if the disease actually exists? (ER: this is, of course, a critical point and one which has formed the basis of a legal challenge to the lockdown in the UK)
    • Therefore, there is simply no basis for a vaccine, a serology test nor an immunity certificate.
    • The WHO is prohibiting almost all autopsies of people allegedly dying of the disease; people who die allegedly with the disease must be listed as a COVID-19 death, which is putting immense pressure on pathologists to produce inaccurate work. Pathologists in several countries are now distancing themselves from the WHO guidelines.
    • An absence of autopsies prevents the theory from being tested that Italians who apparently died of the virus had in fact received the H1N1 flu vaccine.

This is really frustrating watching all this unfold all around the world

17. Angelina

Angelina Prayer Warrior Staff Member Admin

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    At present, the only people who are infected with Covid19 are those who are returning from living overseas. Mainly in those hotspots. There has been no community spread so far. It appears that this virus came through the border which is tightly monitored at this time. That does not mean that we are going to be exempt from it because I am predicting that those who we determine as free from this virus after isolation, may again infect others here. The source is clear and we have been very careful to follow the handwashing, distancing and other rules to ensure a safe community. I do not see that happening in other countries. It appears that their rights and freedoms override the protection and safety of others. Jm2c

18. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Exactly. All governments in the West have failed to investigate this hoax. Which makes them all accessories to the conspiracy. In fact the real criminals in this are walking around imposing their wills on the general public. But what about all the CEOs who are acting like sheep instead of doing something?

historyb likes this.
  19. Angelina

Angelina Prayer Warrior Staff Member Admin

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    ...and as people continue to believe it's a hoax and walk around defiantly having their freedoms taken away, the count keeps rising in their country and the deaths keep piling up.

20. Cristo Rei

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Some perspective...

* They said it was going to be worse than the Spanish flu which killed 50M people. Less than 600K have died with covid. Inflated deaths.
    * The point of locking down was to save the hospitals from over filling. Hospitals never came close to over filling.
    * It's a weak virus that has failed to kill any healthy people in Australia. The flu is deadlier
    * Suicides have gone up by 50% meaning four people are dying everyday in Oz because of lock downs.
    * The damages caused by the lockdowns far outweigh the damages from covid.

2 Chr. 34:19 and historyb like this.