What is following Jesus look like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll start with this illustration...

I see the Christian walk like driving a car from point A to point B. We get a filling of the Spirit at a fill-up station. And we are meant to go to the next point for the next fill-up. So we are given just enough gas to get there in a straight line.
default_59_59.gif

But if we take detours and go on personal excursions in taking exits we shouldn't have ...we can either get lost or run out of gas...or BOTH.

So we need to call 1-800-Help Me Lord! And He is faithful as we wait for Him sitting on the hoods of our cars.

The next time we may or not do better...but sooner or later we learn to avoid the unnecessary detours of life and drive (walk) in a straight and narrow manner to the next direction of God for our lives. God can vary the distances we need to travel...but it is the same lesson that we need to learn. As we do this right we grow into other levels and other trainings.

At one point we can be given a truck with spiritual gifts meant for others....

default_bighug.gif

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'What is following Jesus look like?'
This is exactly what it looks like for me.
I follow what he said 100%, that is, for example:
Do not worry, ever, never
Be anxious for nothing (ok that was Paul)
Give him my burdens...every last one
Cast my cares, always
Ask, believe, receive
When asked to pray on or heal someone, do it
See him in the littlest of these
Treat my neighbor as I want to be treated...takes patience and calm!
Love God with all my heart...all the time thinking of Him, in other words, as you would anyone you love..
Trusting our Father always
Take breaks often as Jesus did to be in solitude and commune with the Father
#1 Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first ...as Jesus instructed

This is what following Jesus looks like to me since Jan 2006...and NOTHING has altered my life more. :)
I am given everything by relying 100% on my Father, only....like a child ...and my friends used to think I was an idiot!
They don't anymore!

So what it looks like is being a happy, confident, powerful, contented person at total peace.

Reactions: marks and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Cast my cares, always
Ask, believe, receive
Love God with all my heart...all the time thinking of Him, in other words, as you would anyone you love..

This is what following Jesus looks like to me since Jan 2006...and NOTHING has altered my life more. :)
I am given everything by relying 100% on my Father, only....like a child ...and my friends used to think I was an idiot!
They don't anymore!

So what it looks like is being a happy, confident, powerful, contented person at total peace.
I love that passage in Philippians that you referred to!

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does it look like to the unbeliever ? one may ask.
Or to the Satanist ?
Is it regarded as a new age type of hate speech that is not Politically Correct ? and insulting to a Satanist and following something other than mans works.
Is it regarded as hate of man and his works ? that are clamed to be flawed and a attack on the ego.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cast my cares, always
Ask, believe, receive

They don't anymore!

What it looks like can be deceptive ?

One may look happy but is that the point ? are they truly content maybe more to the point.

Looking Powerful ? Satan does that as well.

Looking Confident ? Satan does that as well.

What people think can mean bugger all, it's all about serving Jesus as our Lord.

It's not about what people think, it's about what they truly know as that is to the point, one can think anything but that does not make it so.

One may ask me what do you think, well it's not what I think but what I know that is of any true worth.

One may look like they have it all, the grass is greener on the other side like, but is this true ? one may be wealthy and have all the desires one can have but are your friends truly real friends not to mention do you have true friends that you admire for who they truly are in themselves and not to mention does one have a relationship with abiding in Jesus Christ.

I have seen people idolise others for XYZ but such may not have any worthy foundations truly at all, such is truly all just a facade and such is truly a disgusting phantom in reality. movie stars :rolleyes: for one example o_O such is disgusting, but try telling the world that :(.
The world can idolise a movie star and the next day hate them:rolleyes: like Mel Gibson for one that comes to mine, he is not allowed to have his own opinions :rolleyes: do we own our idols ? you must not offend me idol ! or else ? ownership of an idol, now that may be a topic.