What Is Gods Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

As Believers Should We Be Like David

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st Samuel 13: 13-14
13- And Samuel said to Saul, "You have done foolishly". You have not kept the Commandment of the Lord your God, which He commanded you. For know the Lord would have established your KINGDOM over Israel FOREVER!!! [ Forever]?
14- "But now your Kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His Own Heart, and the Lord has commanded Him [David] to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.
Acts 13:21-23
21- And afterword they asked for a King; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.
22- And when He had removed him, He Raised up David as King,to whom also He gave Testimony ans said " I have found David the son of Jesse, A Man After My Own Heart,whowill do all My will.
23 "From this Mans seed, according to the Promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior"

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth
David was a good example of a flawed man who sinned and when confronted with it did the right thing. The first choice for our example should not be David, but Jesus, the one who never sinned and never had to pick the pieces caused by his own mistakes and put them together again. We may have to in places follow David's example but whenever possible we need should strive to follow the example of Jesus.

God's heart is seen in the Living example of Jesus. We can also follow after the heart of God:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Reactions: Helen

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And just like David, we need to be New Covenant thinkers.

Psalm 51,

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.

David knew the heart of God and God knew of David's broken heart, he knew that God could not turn him away but could only love him and he was completely forgiven, not by sacrifice but by his broken heart.

Acts 13:23, From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

God’s redemption is so complete in you, all is forgiven through the blood of Jesus.

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, It seems we all agree...the Heart of God is Love, the Love of God was expressed in His Son Jesus Christ. The love of the Father drew us to Himself and to the cross...first for redemption ...and then to share the love for God's heart and His Plan of grace toward those who as still in the dark.
What is the heart of God...love. And the deep desire to walk and talk with each of us "In the cool of the evening in the garden..."

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And just like David, we need to be New Covenant thinkers.

Psalm 51,

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.

David knew the heart of God and God knew of David's broken heart, he knew that God could not turn him away but could only love him and he was completely forgiven, not by sacrifice but by his broken heart.

Acts 13:23, From this man’s descendants God has brought to Israel the Savior Jesus, as he promised.

God’s redemption is so complete in you, all is forgiven through the blood of Jesus.

Loved your reply, the question in the title of the thread, what is Gods Heart, love is an attribute, so are Long suffering, Grace, Mercy, The Question is What is Gods Heart, thanks again for your response!

Reactions: Helen and Armadillo

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to be like David, or anyone else. I want to be like Jesus, he's a acceptable roll model. I know no one who even comes close to his type of love.

That's what drew me to Jesus time and time again.

Yes you are Right, I want to be as My Savior was, an Is, but What is Gods Heart, David was a man after Gods Heart? God Said this!

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes you are Right, I want to be as My Savior was, an Is, but What is Gods Heart, David was a man after Gods Heart? God Said this!
I kinda know what that is, but I do not have the word's to explain such a thing.

It's like really knowing that he is your one and only true father, as like you do with your earthly father.

Reactions: Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kinda know what that is, but I do not have the word's to explain such a thing.

It's like really knowing that he is your one and only true father, as like you do with your earthly father.

I love the truth, and I have been pouring over the Psalms of David to try to get a perspective on what God saw in Him, because I rely don't have a clear answer myself, seems He called out for help in prayer a lot, spent a lot of time Praising God, He speaks about admonishing the Name Of God, true Worship from the Heart, many attributes of David towards God, but as a whole, I can't put my finger on it. Still have 86 more Psalms to read!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I love the truth, and I have been pouring over the Psalms of David to try to get a perspective on what God saw in Him, because I rely don't have a clear answer myself, seems He called out for help in prayer a lot, spent a lot of time Praising God, He speaks about admonishing the Name Of God, true Worship from the Heart, many attributes of David towards God, but as a whole, I can't put my finger on it. Still have 86 more Psalms to read!
it is not brought out so much after he becomes king, but imo it is that he was humble and quick to repent

Reactions: Helen and Truth

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Excellent!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First and foremost, Gods Heart is His Word, God poured out His Heart to Israel, through Moses! He gave us His Instructions on how to Love Him,and How to Love our fellow Man. He then said that if we would keep His words, that we would be Blessed! And if we chose not to keep His words we would be Cursed! David Loved God, David Loved His [Torah], Gods Instructions. The Bible is Gods Love story, from beginning to End. God Loves His creation and He gave us a Reality! How to Live, by His Word!! That's not all God Loved His Creation so Much that He gave us His word in the Flesh! Yeshua [Jesus] was born on the First High Sabbath of the Feast of Tabernacles, on the 15 Day of the seventh month, Tishri, 3998 F.C. - Sept 26th 27 B.C.E. this is when the Word became Flesh and Tabernacled with us. This is Gods Heart!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
First and foremost, Gods Heart is His Word, God poured out His Heart to Israel, through Moses! He gave us His Instructions on how to Love Him,and How to Love our fellow Man. He then said that if we would keep His words, that we would be Blessed! And if we chose not to keep His words we would be Cursed! David Loved God, David Loved His [Torah], Gods Instructions. The Bible is Gods Love story, from beginning to End. God Loves His creation and He gave us a Reality! How to Live, by His Word!! That's not all God Loved His Creation so Much that He gave us His word in the Flesh! Yeshua [Jesus] was born on the First High Sabbath of the Feast of Tabernacles, on the 15 Day of the seventh month, Tishri, 3998 F.C. - Sept 26th 27 B.C.E. this is when the Word became Flesh and Tabernacled with us. This is Gods Heart!
9Butnow, since you know God,q or rather have become known by God, how can you turn back again to the weakand bankruptr elemental forces?s Do you want to be enslaved to them all over again?
10You observe special days, months, seasons, and years.t
11I am fearful for you, that perhaps my labor for you has been wasted.

which i actually meant as a reply to some other "special holiday" stuff you had posted at me, but i can't find it now. The one where i replied "ya, note that God divorced those guys, too, and scattered them to the four winds" or something like that

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9Butnow, since you know God,q or rather have become known by God, how can you turn back again to the weakand bankruptr elemental forces?s Do you want to be enslaved to them all over again?
10You observe special days, months, seasons, and years.t
11I am fearful for you, that perhaps my labor for you has been wasted.

which i actually meant as a reply to some other "special holiday" stuff you had posted at me, but i can't find it now. The one where i replied "ya, note that God divorced those guys, too, and scattered them to the four winds" or something like that

Yes He did! But why, what was Gods reason for scattering Israel! By the way I will be celebrating my Saviors Birthday, this Thursday at sundown, which will be the first High Sabbath of the Feasts of Tabernacles. Oct 6th at sundown.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes He did! But why, what was Gods reason for scattering Israel! By the way I will be celebrating my Saviors Birthday, this Thursday at sundown, which will be the first High Sabbath of the Feasts of Tabernacles. Oct 6th at sundown.
next year in Jerusalem then ;)

Reactions: Truth

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the commandments are God's heart, that which He writes on ours. one desires what is in one's heart and can't escape it. hence when the Lord writes His desires on your heart, there you are, and you can't escape it. all these thing, like putting on the mind of Christ, is another of what is of God to replace yours.

therefore if you desire what is in God's heart because its in yours, and think like Christ because one has put on the mind of Christ, and born of Spirit hence walking in God's Presence and the Kingdom of God is within you, one should be in pretty good shape, wouldn't you say?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the commandments are God's heart, that which He writes on ours. one desires what is in one's heart and can't escape it. hence when the Lord writes His desires on your heart, there you are, and you can't escape it. all these thing, like putting on the mind of Christ, is another of what is of God to replace yours.

therefore if you desire what is in God's heart because its in yours, and think like Christ because one has put on the mind of Christ, and born of Spirit hence walking in God's Presence and the Kingdom of God is within you, one should be in pretty good shape, wouldn't you say?

Well said, where you treasures are there will be your Heart also!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
next year in Jerusalem then ;)

I know it won"t be next year, sad to say! But my Wife and I had a wonderful time sitting out side next to our Tabernacle, singing and worshiping God the Father and Praising Him for the Gift of His Son, tonight is the conclusion of the Feast so we will be at it again, the next night is our weekly Sabbath and also the Last Great Day, the Wedding of the Lamb, in the future, the 8th Day! 8 means new beginnings. we have worshiped all week, But the first and last days are High Sabbaths.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I know it won"t be next year, sad to say! But my Wife and I had a wonderful time sitting out side next to our Tabernacle, singing and worshiping God the Father and Praising Him for the Gift of His Son, tonight is the conclusion of the Feast so we will be at it again, the next night is our weekly Sabbath and also the Last Great Day, the Wedding of the Lamb, in the future, the 8th Day! 8 means new beginnings. we have worshiped all week, But the first and last days are High Sabbaths.
hmm, and how do you know it won't be next year? Regardless of our diffs in beliefs, i gotta tell ya, Jerusalem is amazing. I was in the process of putting together "dental vacations" to the Mideast, through Ben Gurion, when the world crashed a few years ago. If i can still get cheap blocks of BA seats, i might try again this winter. $1200 round trip, and $188 dental implants, anyone?

Reactions: Truth and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, and how do you know it won't be next year? Regardless of our diffs in beliefs, i gotta tell ya, Jerusalem is amazing. I was in the process of putting together "dental vacations" to the Mideast, through Ben Gurion, when the world crashed a few years ago. If i can still get cheap blocks of BA seats, i might try again this winter. $1200 round trip, and $188 dental implants, anyone?
My wife's cost a bit over $10,000 a few years ago.