What Is Grace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GRACE ambassador I would love for you to explain to us what Grace actually is:

This is not a test. Thank you :D:D:D:p
Thanks for asking; Great Answers already given.

I can only add that the lost are also partakers of God's Amazing GRACE, because:

Mat_5:45 "That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He Maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, And Sendeth rain on the just
and on the unjust." Amen.

GRACE = God Gives us "what we DO NOT deserve!"
+
Don't forget MERCY = God DOES NOT Give us "what we DO Deserve!"

Appreciate my Precious friends one and ALL!

See ya'll In God's Great Gloryland :)

GRACE And Peace...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is God's kindness towards us in giving Jesus Christ to give us life for death, and beauty for ashes, the forgiveness of sins, and life everlasting.

Creation was a act of grace, giving a home for man whom He would create.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina
I copied an old one I wrote about a year ago that seems to fit this thread as well...

Grace, is it enough?

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt 5:45

It seems to me that God has some grace for everyone. We all receive rain, whether we are just or unjust. All of us here have received the opportunity to serve God, whether we do or we do not ever actually serve Him. Are not all of things that God has given us "unmerited favors" [as some define ‘grace’] from God?

“…all things come of thee…” I Chron 29:14

Is not there more available if we seek more?

"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:46-48

Isn't Jesus making a distinction here between what every man actually does and what God would have men to do? The grace is there, but isn't an "on our part" necessary, even if it is just picking up the grace and what...?

Is just picking up the grace enough?

It rains on every man, but not every man plants a garden and weeds it to take advantage of God's "unmerited favor" to accomplish something like bearing fruit such as tomatoes, peas, carrots, squash, etc. [love, joy, meekness, gentleness, kindness, etc,]

Indeed, God gives the increase, but the garden I planted in the rocky, dry, alkaline soil of Wyoming on which I worked harder than any other garden I have ever planted bore the worst fruit I have ever seen.

[Wyoming is generally very good for raising cattle and as a source of some minerals, but for the most part, not much good for growing plants which will produce good fruits and vegetables.]

I guess this means that some places (hearts?) will never be producers of good fruit?

Since we are here on a Christian forum on purpose, probably all of us have, at least, been given the potential for producing good fruit.

"...Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold." Matt 13:3-8

We have to have 'good' ground to start with! Where do we get good ground,
so that when we pick up God's grace and add to it our labor, etc. that He will honor us and give His increase?

"For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns." Jerem 3:3 [fallow ground = tillable or fertile ground]

Are not our hearts the ground, be it alkaline, dry, wet, fertile, sandy, or whatever?

I am no expert on plants, but it seems to me, the reason they do not grow well in rocky soil is that they cannot penetrate or break up the rocks to extract the nutrients needed to grow properly. When I am preparing a garden plot, with a hand shovel or a roto-tiller, when I see rocks, I pick them out with my hand and toss them out of the garden area to hopefully increase how tillable, fallow, and fertile it will be. I may also add fertilizer [dung it] to enrich the soil making it even more likely to produce 'good' fruit.

Man does not live by 'bread' alone, but by every 'word' that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Is 'grace' all that comes to us from God? Is it the same as His Word or His Spirit? What is the seed that is planted? Is it not the Word of God?

Isn’t grace just like the "rain" that falls on every man, evil or good, just or unjust? For Life to be produced, for fruit to be produced, from the seed [the planted Word], aren’t other ingredients also necessary?

So what do we need to produce the fruit that should come out from God’s Life in us? Without God’s grace, without His “unmerited favor” we are going nowhere good, but what and where are the rest of the ingredients? If the seed is the Word of God, it is certainly not the seed that is faulty is it? [Or maybe someone is at times planting bad seed?]

I believe I mentioned at least two ingredients already: His Word (the good seed) and His Spirit.

What other ingredients are needed to grow a good fruit producing garden of each of us?

Should we be asking of God?

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(cracks knuckles) Alight my turn to step up to the plate.
Grace is the undying unyielding freedom in Christ woven into the believers sacred bond with the father. It is the blood soaked document written by the by the pen of sacrifice and sealed by the seal of victory over sin. It is the defender of victim of falling short the strength for the weakness of the flesh the love in standing for the hatred of every unclean thing about humanity

In short there are not enough words to fully describe grace for grace is so deep it cannot be truly fathomed

Reactions: Angelina

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace in scripture clearly means the demonstration of spontaneous, selfless kindness towards or purposely for someone’s benefit. To save a life, to bestow gifts, to assist in all types of things that greatly benefits the recipient without expecting anything in return. We do however need to meet its (the act of giving grace) requirements that most people tend to brush off.

They think that the grace of God is a free gift, not so, not always, as if we can always take it wherever and whenever we want it. YHWH’s grace is pure and divine, and he chooses who he will give and not give it to. It is his spiritual domain and not ours.

YHWH’s grace is sometimes given unconditionally and yet also conditional, as for salvation, based on man’s reaction, his heart condition and his will to all of His requirements for acceptance of salvation.

‘Saved by grace’ means essentially that we have met the conditions or requirements for salvation by YHWH. And have received his gift of faith and a spirit of and from him into our being.

‘Fallen from grace’ means that we have not met the conditions or requirements for salvation from our heart, mind and lifestyle and his faith and spirit for us is withheld. YHWH’s grace thus become ineffective for that person and its intended purpose.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘Fallen from grace’ means that we have not met the conditions or requirements for salvation from our heart, mind and lifestyle and his faith and spirit for us is withheld. YHWH’s grace thus become ineffective for that person and its intended purpose.

It’s very easy to see what “ Falling from Grace means”, and this guy missed it by a mile.....I invite all the participants here to simply read Galatians 5 ......

If one has “ Fallen from Grace” it means that a person is ADDING to Paul’s Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 —- the One that was given to him personally by Jesus....
In Paul’s day, “ circumcision ” was the Addition.....The Additions can take a multitude of forms , but they always have certain things in common.....it’s no more than saying, “ Jesus Saves— BUT!” It’s saying that Faith in the Gospel is “ ESSENTIAL”, for Salvation , but it's just not “ SUFFICIENT” in and of itself for Salvation.....

Here’s the Deal.....Two Things Save us —- #1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus..... #2 Your Faith in #1 .....THAT is the Gospel

If you say that “ Yes, of course Jesus Saves—- BUT —- you gotta do THIS ( such as Repent Of all your sins before you die or never commit a purposeful sin, or ‘ live the life’ , or obey the Ten Commandments,or tithe,or go to church, etc....) you have crossed the line...you have made yourself a “Co- Savior” and God won’t have it!

Many of these things are good and positive and one can do them AFTER they get Saved....but as for as Salvation ITSELF , it really “IS” just like the Song says—— NOTHING but The Blood............ADD to that ( ADD to the Gospel Of Pure Grace ) at your own Risk and if you go that route — pray to God that “ Falling from Grace” is not tantamount to Damnation....Some say it is....it makes that “Narrow Path” VERY “ Narrow”, doesn't it?

Always remember —— It’s “ Jesus Saves” . Period. No “BUTS” attached......

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s very easy to see what “ Falling from Grace means”, and this guy missed it by a mile.....I invite all the participants here to simply read Galatians 5 ......

If one has “ Fallen from Grace” it means that a person is ADDING to Paul’s Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 —- the One that was given to him personally by Jesus....
In Paul’s day, “ circumcision ” was the Addition.....The Additions can take a multitude of forms , but they always have certain things in common.....it’s no more than saying, “ Jesus Saves— BUT!” It’s saying that Faith in the Gospel is “ ESSENTIAL”, for Salvation , but it's just not “ SUFFICIENT” in and of itself for Salvation.....

Here’s the Deal.....Two Things Save us —- #1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus..... #2 Your Faith in #1 .....THAT is the Gospel

If you say that “ Yes, of course Jesus Saves—- BUT —- you gotta do THIS ( such as Repent Of all your sins before you die or never commit a purposeful sin, or ‘ live the life’ , or obey the Ten Commandments,or tithe,or go to church, etc....) you have crossed the line...you have made yourself a “Co- Savior” and God won’t have it!

Many of these things are good and positive and one can do them AFTER they get Saved....but as for as Salvation ITSELF , it really “IS” just like the Song says—— NOTHING but The Blood............ADD to that ( ADD to the Gospel Of Pure Grace ) at your own Risk and if you go that route — pray to God that “ Falling from Grace” is not tantamount to Damnation....Some say it is....it makes that “Narrow Path” VERY “ Narrow”, doesn't it?

Always remember —— It’s “ Jesus Saves” . Period. No “BUTS” attached......
This guy aye!!! YOU know bud you are as a weasel and those that live on their bellies. Why don't you address me directly and not hide like a little sissy boy coward.

I provide only a general and concise definition without detail and you say I missed it by a mile....what arrogance and ignorance on your part ... you provide a confusing piece of tripe that know one can really understand.

Pride comes before the fall mate. And if you continue this way, your fall will be great.

I've got your number...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s another “ goody” in regard to Grace—

A cop pulls you over for speeding....gives you a ticket....later tears it up —- THAT is “ MERCY”

A cop pulls you over for speeding....gives you a ticket ....later goes and pays the Fine that you deserved......THAT is “ GRACE” .....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy aye!!! YOU know bud you are as a weasel and those that live on their bellies. Why don't you address me directly and not hide like a little sissy boy coward.

I provide only a general and concise definition without detail and you say I missed it by a mile....what arrogance and ignorance on your part ... you provide a confusing piece of tripe that know one can really understand.

Pride comes before the fall mate. And if you continue this way, your fall will be great.

I've got your number...

Lol.....PLEASE! Quit Holding Back ! Tell us all what you REALLY think ! Meanwhile, I have only One Thing to say to you——— PFffffftttttttt......

What you see as “ Confusing Tripe” reveals VOLUMES about you.....That “ Tripe” comes from the Bible....That Hogwash That YOU tried to peddle must have been pulled out of your....Er....ahhh....well, who really knows? Lol.....Thanks for the good laugh, Clown....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I provide only a general and concise definition without detail and you say I missed it by a mile.

Here is a good example of “ Grace”.....I said that you “ missed it by a mile” when the Truth was you “Missed It” by 10,000 miles.....( actually, you missed it COMPLETELY)

I tried to show you a little bit of Grace and cut you some slack and look how you got your panties in a knot! I guess the Old Saying is True—— “ No Good Deed goes Unpunished” ....Lol......

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've got your number...
perhaps it is confusing to you because you simply lack the understanding required to grasp it. I read your post and I would say you have no grasp on grace in the least bit your understanding of grace is greatly lacking and if you wish to confront @bloodbought at least do so in a mature and Christ like manner otherwise you only prove childish and immature which just makes your standing in your understanding of grace that much more lacking

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I provide only a general and concise definition without detail and you say I missed it by a mile.

Here is a good example of “ Grace”.....I said that you “ missed it by a mile” when the Truth was you “Missed It” by 10,000 miles.....( actually, you missed it COMPLETELY)

I tried to show you a little bit of Grace and cut you some slack and look how you got your panties in a knot! I guess the Old Saying is True—— “ No Good Deed goes Unpunished” ....Lol......
Yes I assume you two have a history of some sort?

Reactions: APAK and Angelina

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Is Grace?
OP ^

A word that can be associated with Gods divine intervention...
Meaning giving undeserved merit which benefits both, the one who gives and the one who receives.

The benefit to the man, is typically a blessing from God.
The benefit to God, is IF the man converts to Belief,
That man will become Gods inheritance.

It can also apply between men.

One man giving undeserved merit which benefits another, and the benefit of both is a harmonious relationship between the two.

Glory to God,
Taken