• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

What is self Righteousness?

What is it exactly?

Self righteousness = is trying to >make yourself right with God<, by works, deeds, self effort, lifestyle.

That is "Legalism", and God abhors it.
He hates it.
It offends Him.
It offends the Cross of Christ.

Now, here is how to get yourself out of Self Righteousness, as so many believers are like that, thinking that this is "Christianity". and "Discipleship".
Its not.
Its the exact opposite of Salvation and Grace.

See, CHRISTianity is God coming down here to rescue you through the Cross of Christ.
That is not you trying to perform for God so that He'll have you, accept you, and keep you.
See that?

Reader,

Did you ever read "Genesis"?

Cain and Abel?

Why did Cain murder his Brother. ??????
Its because Cain was a self righteous works obsessed Legalist who tried to get God to love Him and accept him, based on Cain's (self righteous) = His offering of WORKS and DEEDs.
God = totally REJECTED Him...and Cain was upset. And then He watched God completely accept Abel, because Abel brought to God, ONLY what God only accepts to accept you and save you.

= BLOOD, a Sacrifice, as "without the shedding of Blood, there is no forgiveness of sin for you".

So, Cain's Self righteous ENVY and HATRED, = Murdered His Brother.

Did you ever read a short NT epistle : JUDE. ?

In Jude, He says that when you are trying to earn God's acceptance, by your PERFORMANCE, (self effort)(self righteousness)(works) = you are committing the :

> "Error of CAIN".

And Reader, if you think that most Christians are not actively just like that, as their idea of "CHRISTianity"< then you are not paying attention, or you are one of them, or both.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE...(hear)=
is how you escape that ERROR = that is BROKEN FAITH and the WRONG MIND, that is the "mind of the FLESH".

Show me one work you can do, one self effort, one good deed, one behavior modification you can offer God, that is Equal to the finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross.

See that CROSS? ????
That is the WORK
Of CHRIST = that God requires to save you.
Can you do that one?
Can you equal that one with your work or deed or self effort?
God help you, if you think you can... as if you think you can, then the Devil owns you.

Now again.... Can you offer one, even ONE of your works of SELF EFFORT, that can equal Christ's "FINISHED" work on The Cross.. = That is His Death and Sinless Life, and Shed Blood..
All of that is the "Sacrifice" of Christ. That is HIS """FINISHED""" WORK that God accepts to SAVE YOU.

Christ said just before dying for your sin on the CROSS..

""IT ...IS...FINISHED"...... the WORK was done. And when Christ returned to Heaven, He "sat down".

= no more WORK to do for you. Your Eternal SALVATION IS COMPLETED.

Now, Can you equal it?
CAN YOU EQUAL IT ?
Can you provide GOD ALMIGHTY anything like that as your work, deed, self effort,???
Do you have ONE WORK or self effort that you can provide to GOD, in a hundred thousand YEARS, OR 100 lifetimes that can equal what Christ did as HIS " FINISHED WORK on The Cross?
If you can't, then stop trying to go to heaven, or stay saved, or be accepted by GOD = by that ERROR of CAIN you are committing.

Be FREE from that, forever..... in Jesus's name.

Amen.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And you, who were once alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish, and without charge in His sight, if indeed you continue in the faith grounded and settled, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the world to come, and who have fallen away; it is impossible, I say, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify the Son of God afresh to themselves and put Him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

NOW YOU ARE FULLY INFORMED.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Self-righteousness occurs when one considers himself/herself to be righteous based on either their works or their religious beliefs.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Self-righteousness occurs when one considers himself/herself to be righteous based on either their works or their religious beliefs.

What you stated is more in line with RELIGION.......as that is man's attempt to "self deify" or to Join God based on Self deeds. or to try to be "Holy' based on self effort to become holy., as they perceive Holiness. what this word means to them.

In The Context of Christianity, "Self Righteousness" is setting the Cross aside, in favor of works and self effort to try to accomplish by Self effort only what the Cross of Christ can provide.

And example of how this type of "so called Christian will sound or teach"..

Its like this..

"Yes, I KNOW That Jesus is the Savior, .....but NOW you have to Go AND DO, """

So, what they are saying isn't...>"Jesus saved me, so that i can live for Him".... No not at all.. What they are saying is.>>. "My Salvation is started by Jesus, but the finishing of MY SALVATION is up to me to be provided = by my SELF Righteousness".

The Math looks like this, Episkopos.

The Cross + my self effort = My Salvation.

But According to God, Jesus is Salvation. and nothing else will He accept to save us, because the Cross of Christ is all God has provided so that we can be redeemed.. John 14:6

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just like Paul said:

“…that they should repent and turn to God, and DO works meet for repentance.” (Acts 26:20)

Paul is talking to King Agrippa, not to you, Michiah-Imla.
See, At that time, in your verse... Paul is giving the King His Testimony,...from the Time Jesus called Him, all the way to that very day, 30 yrs later.

So, in your verse, He is talking about the unsaved, not the saved.

If you will read the verse prior to the verse you posted, you can get the context of your verse, vs just posting a verse that is not connected to the context of Paul's teaching, again.

Reactions: Gospel Believer

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is talking to King Agrippa, not to you, Michiah-Imla.

:hmhehm

Using this logic the Bible is useless since it never talks to any of us literally…

If you will read the verse prior to the verse you posted, you can get the context

“To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.” (Acts 26:18)

The context is preaching the gospel.

[one needs lots of patience dealing with nonsense like yours]

Reactions: Episkopos

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Using this logic the Bible is useless since it never talks to any of us literally…

"rightly dividing the word" is not "logic", its Discernment.
The bible is "Spiritually Discerned".

You read it like its a newspaper, and your theology proves it.

Listen, Many of Paul's verses are directed to the body of Christ.
When they are not, then if you dont realize this, you'll teach according to your LOGIC.
You just did, again.

Look :

This is not written to you, and you took a verse written to KING Agrippa and tried to use it as you would have it.
You do this, constantly.

"""""King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest. [28] Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."""""

Last edited:
Reactions: Gospel Believer

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reader,

What is it exactly?

Self righteousness = is trying to >make yourself right with God<, by works, deeds, self effort, lifestyle.

He hates it.
It offends Him.

Now, here is how to get yourself out of Self Righteousness, as so many believers are like that, thinking that this is "Christianity". and "Discipleship".
Its not.

See, CHRISTianity is God coming down here to rescue you through the Cross of Christ.
That is not you trying to perform for God so that He'll have you, accept you, and keep you.
See that?

Reader,

Cain and Abel?

Its because Cain was a self righteous works obsessed Legalist who tried to get God to love Him and accept him, based on Cain's (self righteous) = His offering of WORKS and DEEDs.
God = totally REJECTED Him...and Cain was upset. And then He watched God completely accept Abel, because Abel brought to God, ONLY what God only accepts to accept you and save you.

= BLOOD, a Sacrifice, as "without the shedding of Blood, there is no forgiveness of sin for you".

In Jude, He says that when you are trying to earn God's acceptance, by your PERFORMANCE, (self effort)(self righteousness)(works) = you are committing the :

> "Error of CAIN".

And Reader, if you think that most Christians are not actively just like that, as their idea of "CHRISTianity"< then you are not paying attention, or you are one of them, or both.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE...(hear)=
is how you escape that ERROR = that is BROKEN FAITH and the WRONG MIND, that is the "mind of the FLESH".

Show me one work you can do, one self effort, one good deed, one behavior modification you can offer God, that is Equal to the finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross.

See that CROSS? ????
That is the WORK
Can you do that one?
God help you, if you think you can... as if you think you can, then the Devil owns you.

Now again.... Can you offer one, even ONE of your works of SELF EFFORT, that can equal Christ's "FINISHED" work on The Cross.. = That is His Death and Sinless Life, and Shed Blood?
All of that is the "Sacrifice" of Christ. That is HIS """FINISHED""" WORK that God accepts to SAVE YOU.

""IT ...IS...FINISHED"...... the WORK was done. And when Christ returned to Heaven, He "sat down".

Now, Can you equal it?
CAN YOU EQUAL IT ?
Can you provide GOD ALMIGHTY anything like that as your work, deed, self effort,???
Do you have ONE WORK or self effort that you can provide to GOD, in a hundred thousand YEARS, OR 100 lifetimes that can equal what Christ did as HIS " FINISHED WORK on The Cross?
If you can't, then stop trying to go to heaven, or stay saved, or be accepted by GOD = by that ERROR of CAIN you are committing.

Amen.
Could 'self righteousness' be being right in ones own opinion?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Could 'self righteousness' be being right in ones own opinion?

Sure.

That issue is what keeps forums in flames, quietthinker.

Its people whose opinion is their God that come on forums and create chaos.
Or they are nothing more than a Cult messenger.
the bible is secondary.
truth is secondary
They love to give their opinion on VERSES they post, that they can't understand.

The way you discover these people is to talk to them about the Cross.
The Cross puts a spotlight on Heretic, as that is what Truth does.
It discovers DARKNESS.. Spiritual Darkness.
It burns it.

These types are only able to DISAGREE with Truth. because it makes them HIGH on their FLESH.
Its a RUSH.
They are addicted to the TROLLING.
One of them, is always posting pictures. (see above). Post #9

The Blble has the cure for this if you are dealing with one of these Strife filled people in a Church.
You give them a chance to get it together. If not.
= Titus 3:10

But on a forum, you only have.....the option to not cast your pearls before a pig.
Forum's are a safe haven for the opinion driven religious Trolls, and the Bible rejecting similar.

In the realm of Christianity, if a person does not believe that the Holy Bible is their final authority in all regards, ... that it is not anything other then just a book of religious verses, then that one is always going to be a Thorn in the side of every Christian fourm member.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure.

That issue is what keeps forums in flames, quietthinker.

Its people whose opinion is their God that come on forums and create chaos.
Or they are nothing more then a Cult messenger. on "auto-deceived".
the bible is secondary.
truth is secondary
all they want to do is TALK LOUDLY, sharing their GOD, who is their OPINION.
And they love to give their opinion on VERSES they post, that they can't understand, and never will.

These devils believe in NOTHING....they are only able to DISAGREE with Truth. because it makes them HIGH on their FLESH.
Its a RUSH.
They are addicted to the TROLLING.
One of them, is always posting pictures. (see above). Post #9

The blble has the cure for this if you are dealing with one of these Strife filled people in a Church.
You give them a chance to get it together and learn to listen with their mouth closed, or they get to find out how a locked Church Door feels behind them.
That's Titus 3:10

But on a forum, you only have.....the option to not cast your pearls before a pig.
But you can't make the Pig shut up, on a Forum.
So, that's the problem.

Forum's are a safe haven for the opinion driven nuts and the bible rejecting similar.

In the realm of Christianity, if a person does not believe that the Holy Bible is their final authority in all regards, ... that it is not anything other then just a book of religious verses, then that one is always going to be a Thorn in the side of every member.
That "spiritual swine" is one of Hell's finest.
Could it include your opinion?....the one you are so sure of; the one which has you pointing your finger at the 'flawed' opinions of others?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Could it include your opinion?....the one you are so sure of; the one which has you pointing your finger at the 'flawed' opinions of others?

What if your're wrong?
Can i get your opinion on that?

A.) could be.

See, I dont teach my opinion.
I only teach Paul's Doctrine/.... and His Doctrine is the message regarding all my posts and Threads, when they teach.

Paul received His theology from "no man"..>He was taught it personally By Jesus, Himself.

I even just showed you the reality of how you deal with a devoutly carnal person, in a CHURCH... and that also is not my opinion.
Its what you do, if you have the Pulpit. Its what you do to protect your flock, your members. Its your duty. Its a part of the ministry.
= I posted Titus 3:10 to you.
That's Paul's teaching.
Thats also not my opinion.

And what i just told you, in the previous post, is all stated as fact, regarding the process you find on a Christian Forum.

It is what it is.
You always have a few good students of the word on a Forum, being interfered with by people who want to "play bible scholar". or "bible corrector" or Just practice their Trolling skill.
That's the devil's job, Quietthinker., as the devil is the "author of confusion, and envy, and strife, and every evil work".

That James 3....... and not my "Opinion".

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if your're wrong?

A.) could be.

See, I dont teach my opinion.
I only teach Paul's Doctrine/.... and His Doctrine is the message regarding all my posts and Threads, when they teach.

Paul received His theology from "no man"..>He was taught it personally By Jesus, Himself.

I even just showed you the reality of how you deal with a devoutly carnal person, in a CHURCH... and that also is not my opinion.
Its what you do, if you have the Pulpit. Its what you do to protect your flock, your members. Its your duty. Its a part of the ministry.
= I posted Titus 3:10 to you.
That's Paul's teaching.
Thats also not my opinion.

And what i just told you, in the previous post, is all stated as fact, regarding the process you find on a Christian Forum.

It is what it is.
You always have a few good students of the word on a Forum, being interfered with by people who want to "play bible scholar". or "bible corrector" or Just practice their Trolling skill.
That's the devil's job, Quietthinker., as the devil is the "author of confusion, and envy, and strife, and every evil work".

That James 3....... and not my "Opinion".
Isn't your reply here Behold, one of self justification and then trying to pass it off as not being your opinion/ interpretation? .isn't that denial?.....and isn't self justification a mirror of self righteousness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Isn't your reply here Behold, one of self justification

I guess you would need to prove that what ive said is opinon.
You haven't done that yet, you just stated your opinion, regarding what i said.
I accept your opinion.

Here is something to think about.

When Jesus was here, He taught Truth. Many hated Him. So, were they right?
When Jesus calls someone to be a specific ministry, that is a "call", into the same world that Crucified the Holy One who sends you into the same situation that was here when He was here.
= Spiritual darkness hates the Light.
See, there are always people who hate Truth, and define it as "opinion".
As you know.

There is no "self justification" found by me pointing that truth to you., QuietThinker.

See, you are not on this forum for the same reason im on it as proven by comparing what you post with what i post.
We wont be finding nearly 400 of your Threads, that talk about the Cross and the Blood of Jesus, and to Live in the Grace of God.
But I do that here, thats my "fruit".... and that is not a "opinion", or a justification.
Its another fact.

you and i are not on this forum for the same reason.
and that is a fact., not an opinion.
Look at the Thread you are on...
Its sent to recover someone, to help them, as faith can be right or become wrong.
Once it's wrong, the Bible closes, God is blocked, prayers are not answered, and life gets harder.

See, God is not pleased by works...>He's pleased by FAITH.
We are saved through faith, and please God by faith.
Self Righteousness, (This Threads Topic) is Faith cancer. Its kills real faith DEAD.
This Thread can kill that faith cancer.
That's why i wrote it.
Its a "broken faith" antidote.

That is my "Love for the brethren", in this Thread. In all my Threads. and most posts.
Im very direct, so, that can be perceived as me being harsh, by people who are not use to getting Paul's doctrine, without anything else added to it, like opinion.
And that is not my opinion.
My hard work, is not for me, as I already know all this Doctrine and Spirituality".
Ive been teaching and evangelizing for decades.
See, You can't be a real teacher and not know your subject at hand.
So, i give my best, which is my Teaching, because that is my LOVE for God and His Blood Bought.
I don't want to see them suffer the Devil's deception, as this makes me angry and breaks my heart.
I want to harm Satan's kingdom, by Helping God's people to see it and then they can harm it, also.

The Devil's Kingdom is Deception. He is the opposite of Jesus who is THE Truth.
The Devil created the "LIE"< as He is the "Father of it."

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self Righteousness is the enemy of God's Righteousness.

No it isn’t.

Was Paul teaching us to engage in adversarial acts against God?

“…yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.” (Romans 6:13)

:IDK:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

What is it exactly?

He hates it.
It offends Him.

Its not.

See that?

Reader,

Cain and Abel?

> "Error of CAIN".

HERE...(hear)=

See that CROSS? ????
That is the WORK
Can you do that one?

Now again.... Can you offer one, even ONE of your works of SELF EFFORT, that can equal Christ's "FINISHED" work on The Cross.. = That is His Death and Sinless Life, and Shed Blood..

Now, Can you equal it?
CAN YOU EQUAL IT ?

Amen.
Pro 21:2; Mat 6:5 are a couple of supporting passages Be