What is the difference? (Biggest "contradiction")

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc2

Aug 22, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is said that the Word became flesh in the Messiah, but was this not the case before? Has not the Word already become flesh in the prophets, for they too have spoken the Word of God.
Moses said that a prophet will come who is like him, for he will proclaim the Word of God as he did. With Moses it is written that God has put his word on his tongue, with the Messiah it is written that the word became flesh. What is the difference?

The Messiah said no one has seen God but he has made him visible. With "seen" is of course not meant the external but the mind of God. The Messiah introduced all to God's thinking. But in my opinion this is a "contradiction", because what about the Old Testament? This is also the Word of God, God revealed Himself in it, all the words the Messiah spoke are also present in the Old Testament, yes, He did not proclaim something new but the old.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if this helps; but I will just put it out there:

Heb 1:1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3, Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;