What is the High Calling in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The "High Calling"... is

Philippians 3:11,

Philippians 3:20

Philippians 3:21

Its the RAPTURE

If you mean being raptured into Christ to be where He is at the present time then yes. If you mean a future physical taking away, then no.

Paul was called to walk in the full stature of Christ...and he wrote to the churches to encourage them to seek the face of God for a walk in resurrection life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If you mean being raptured into Christ

Let me teach this to you, Episkops...

Its the "HIGH CALLING"...

The "HIGH" is the LORD. "The LORD Most HIGH"
The "calling" is the Rapture
That is not a ministry or a work of self effort. This is not "i have finished my Course".... as in that Case Paul has FINISHED IT.
But in the case of the High Calling, he's trying to ATTAIN UNTO IT.

Listen,
We the born again are "called" into the SKY......Literally, by Jesus.
This is the Rapture of the Body Of Christ...the Church.
This is the 'HIGH Calling" which is vs 21, the "resurrection FROM THE DEAD."
Its the RAPTURE OF THE Living Saints...
But notice....Paul is not DEAD when he is trying to ATTAIN TO THIS HIGH Calling.
If he was dead then he'd be this..>"we would rather be Absent from the Body, and THEN Present with the LORD".
THat is Paul talking not about the "High Calling"< but about being the body being DEAD, and the born again SPIRIT being with Jesus.

But in the "ATTAIN UNTO" verse...Paul is not talking about DYING.
He's talking about Flying.. being lifted off this earth by the Power of Christ to meet Him in the Sky.
=The Rapture

So, If you read the last 2 verses i posted, vs, not posting them to try to hide them......you plainly read that this "HIGH CALLING"... the verse says..
.= "that the born again will get a NEW body that is Just Like the Lords".
Thats the RAPTURE. "when THE BORN AGAIN= are changed in the Twinkling of an eye".

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me teach this to you, Episkops...

Its the "HIGH CALLING"...

The "HIGH" is the LORD. "The LORD Most HIGH"
The "calling" is the Rapture
That is not a ministry or a work of self effort. This is not "i have finished my Course".... as in that Case Paul has FINISHED IT.

Listen,
We the born again are "called" into the SKY......Literally, by Jesus.
This is the Rapture of the Body Of Christ...the Church.
This is the 'HIGH Calling" which is vs 21, the "resurrection FROM THE DEAD."
Its the RAPTURE OF THE Living Saints...
But notice....Paul is not DEAD when he is trying to ATTAIN TO THIS HIGH Calling.
If he was dead then he'd be this..>"we would rather be Absent from the Body, and THEN Present with the LORD".
THat is Paul talking not about the "High Calling"< but about being the body being DEAD, and the born again SPIRIT being with Jesus.

But in the "ATTAIN UNTO" verse...Paul is not talking about DYING.
He's talking about Flying.. being lifted off this earth by the Power of Christ to meet Him in the Sky.
=The Rapture

So, If you read the last 2 verses i posted, vs, not posting them to try to hide them......you plainly read that this "HIGH CALLING"... the verse says..
.= "that the born again will get a NEW body that is Just Like the Lords".
Thats the RAPTURE. "when THE BORN AGAIN= are changed in the Twinkling of an eye".

In your scheme Paul wanted everyone to die? To be conformed to the full stature of Christ. The same goes for seeking first the kingdom. Are we to seek to die?

Now let's drop the carnal way of seeing things for the spiritual entering into Christ to be where He is and walk as He walked.

The high calling is to walk as Jesus walked....while we yet live in these mortal bodies. What you are espousing is the low calling of waiting to die.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The 'Calling' can be likened to locking ourselves onto Jesus like missiles so that our souls automatically fly to him when our bodies die..:)
A good example is when the repentant thief dying on the cross next to him locked onto him with the words "Jesus remember me", to which Jesus replied "Today you'll be with me in paradise"

PS- in military parlance, a missile that loses its lock is said to have "gone stupid" and veers off into nowhere.
"Ungodly men, wandering stars for whom the blackness of darkness is reserved forever" (Jude 1:4-19)
Walken-void.jpg

Last edited:

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The High calling, or on top calling, is for the Body of Christ in the third heaven with Christ on His own throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

10. NH&NE.jpg

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THE CALLING
Jesus calls us all to simply knock on his door where the kettle's always on..:)
"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I'll give you rest...whoever comes to me I'll never turn away...knock and the door will be opened to you..." (Matthew 11:28/John 6:37/Matthew 7:7/John 14:2)

Lamplight.jpg
Uphill-Rossetti.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In your scheme Paul wanted everyone to die?

What you wrote, it makes no sense, and its not connected to anything i have posted.
So, is english not your first language?.

Listen again.

The "High Calling" is the RAPTURE, and Paul in his day, as did all the Apostles, believed that Jesus was coming back for them......soon.
THey did not know that 2000 yrs later, the Body of Christ is still waiting for Him.
Paul thought the Rapture was going to happen before He died, when he wrote that verse. = ''attain Unto the (Rapture) the HIGH Calling"

Next.

Paul was stoned to death, once.
He saw a incredible revelation of Heaven.
So, he said that to be with Jesus, to die, was far better then to be down here in this evil world, one more second.
He's right.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you wrote, it makes no sense, and its not connected to anything i have posted.
So, is english not your first language?.

Listen again.

The "High Calling" is the RAPTURE, and Paul in his day, as did all the Apostles, believed that Jesus was coming back for them......soon.
THey did not know that 2000 yrs later, the Body of Christ is still waiting for Him.
Paul thought the Rapture was going to happen before He died, when he wrote that verse. = ''attain Unto the (Rapture) the HIGH Calling"

Next.

Paul was stoned to death, once.
He saw a incredible revelation of Heaven.
So, he said that to be with Jesus, to die, was far better then to be down here in this evil world, one more second.
He's right.

This is where your error lies in your theology, which causes stagnation and complacency via doctrine.... there is no understanding of "running the race", or the "High calling of God in Christ", or what it means to press on to this high calling... Although the rapture is the end result of this, we must press on, grow, mature in our Spirituality, instead of just resting on our behinds and not growing. God is the first actor in that he loved us first, while we were yet sinners, and enemies he sent his Son to die for us. We as the bride must submit to that Love, like a wife submits to husbands love, receive it, and act on that Love in response in obedience to his will. That is the least we can "do" in response to that love.... A bride that does not submit to the will of the husband results in a dysfunctional marriage, and God will not have that for His Son.... please think about that, Christianity is not just a theological creed, but a relationship, very much in line with a groom and a bride, the marriage has yet to be consummated, and the church is still engaged to the groom.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
of "running the race",

David,

Listen...

"running the race"...> is the Discipleship Of a Christian.........as the "race is set BEFORE US"....down here......and we are to be doing this..."present your body a living sacrifice to God".... and we are to Grow in Grace, and we are to "take up our Cross",, etc Etc.
This is the RACE, and when its over, we are at the end, and this is our "COURSE" that has been completed.

The HIGH CALLING< is not any of that.
The High Calling is the Rapture.

The "HIGH" is the LORD. "The LORD Most HIGH". The "calling" is the Rapture

We the born again are "called" into the SKY......Literally, by Jesus. This is the Rapture of the Body Of Christ...the Church.
This is the 'HIGH Calling"
So, That is Paul talking not about the "High Calling"< but about being the body being DEAD, and the born again SPIRIT being with Jesus.

Notice that in the "ATTAIN UNTO" verse...Paul is not talking about DYING.
=The Rapture

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
David,

Listen...

"running the race"...> is the Discipleship Of a Christian.........as the "race is set BEFORE US"....down here......and we are to be doing this..."present your body a living sacrifice to God".... and we are to Grow in Grace, and we are to "take up our Cross",, etc Etc.
This is the RACE, and when its over, we are at the end, and this is our "COURSE" that has been completed.

The HIGH CALLING< is not any of that.
The High Calling is the Rapture.

The "HIGH" is the LORD. "The LORD Most HIGH". The "calling" is the Rapture

We the born again are "called" into the SKY......Literally, by Jesus. This is the Rapture of the Body Of Christ...the Church.
This is the 'HIGH Calling"
So, That is Paul talking not about the "High Calling"< but about being the body being DEAD, and the born again SPIRIT being with Jesus.

Notice that in the "ATTAIN UNTO" verse...Paul is not talking about DYING.
=The Rapture

This is ridiculous. We are to make our calling and election sure...that doesn't mean we are to commit suicide. A common error in todays' religious community is to push everything into an "afterlife". We see this with pagan religions with the idea of a "Valhalla" afterlife after living the way one sees fit.

The main idea of rapture (harpazo) is to be taken into God's presence by the Spirit while we are still living in mortal bodies. We are to be "translated" into the kingdom of God as we seek first the kingdom realm of the Spirit to be where God is.

"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence (pressing in) , and the violent (forceful) take it by force (harpazo or personally being caught up into the kingdom realm)" Matt. 11:12

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" Col. 1:13

Does this look like something that takes place in the future? "Has translated us" is past tense....and this is not meant to spiritualize away by a religious "positional" diverting from the truth. No, we are to be swept up, or caught up into Zion to walk as Jesus walked.

"But you have come (not..."will come") unto Mount Zion and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels," Heb. 12:22

But this is only for those who have been made perfect by being in Christ. Very few will seek the Lord for the full measure of grace (because of religious ideologies that negate the knowledge and understanding of the gospel)

" to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, who are written in Heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect," verse 23

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are to be "translated" into the kingdom of God as we seek first the kingdom realm of the Spirit to be where God is.

The born again are already in the Kingdom of God.
We are waiting for the new body.

Notice.....Jesus said...>"The KOG is WITHIN YOU". Luke 17:21
See that?
Now that does not agree with the commentary you are teaching, that someone else wrote, but dont let that keep you from getting some truth, that im showing you.

Notice carefully ..

The born again are '"Translated from darkness.......>TO LIGHT">

See that "Light", that is the KOG, and the born again exit in it already.

Now you are water baptized, but are you born again Episkopos?, as you have to be born again, to exit in the KOG.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader..

Let me show you were there is some confusion.

I'm not going to post he chapter and verse, as people who know some bible, recognize NT verses.
If you dont really know any, then you need, the chapter, the verse, the version, and what page its on.
But if you KNOW SOME BIBLE... if you've been studying it 20 yrs or so, and have long ago grasped Hebrews 13:9, then you will
recognize what im going to now write.

There is....

"the race set before us"..... and Paul finished his.......and he says this... "I have FINISHED my COURSE".

See that? Those 2 are the SAME.

Notice, "Race". "Course'".. the idea is to be on the TRACK, going around it....yet our life course, is filled with obstacles <.
Sometimes God brings in a season that is the obstacles, and sometimes the Devil gets in our way.
Sometimes you make a bad decision that leads to a time of misery and that is to "reap what you've sown".

So, our life in Christ, is our discipleship and our calling and all of that is related to the race set before each of us, that is our course.
The micro idea of this, is... .= Its everything you will face, endure, and go through, from the moment you are born again spiritually, till the second before you draw your last breath.

So.. THAT.... is not "the High Calling", and when someone tries to make all 3 of those as "what we are to do"... "this is our Cross bearing"....ect....then that becomes confusion.

The HIGH Calling, is the moment that Jesus brings all of the born again, into the sky.
This is the Rapture, and you'll see Jesus in person, and you'll get your new body.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reader..

Let me show you were there is some confusion.

I'm not going to post he chapter and verse, as people who know some bible, recognize NT verses.
If you dont really know any, then you need, the chapter, the verse, the version, and what page its on.
But if you KNOW SOME BIBLE... if you've been studying it 20 yrs or so, and have long ago grasped Hebrews 13:9, then you will
recognize what im going to now write.

There is....

"the race set before us"..... and Paul finished his.......and he says this... "I have FINISHED my COURSE".

See that? Those 2 are the SAME.

Notice, "Race". "Course'".. the idea is to be on the TRACK, going around it....yet our life course, is filled with obstacles <.
Sometimes God brings in a season that is the obstacles, and sometimes the Devil gets in our way.
Sometimes you make a bad decision that leads to a time of misery and that is to "reap what you've sown".

So, our life in Christ, is our discipleship and our calling and all of that is related to the race set before each of us, that is our course.
The micro idea of this, is... .= Its everything you will face, endure, and go through, from the moment you are born again spiritually, till the second before you draw your last breath.

So.. THAT.... is not "the High Calling", and when someone tries to make all 3 of those as "what we are to do"... "this is our Cross bearing"....ect....then that becomes confusion.

The HIGH Calling, is the moment that Jesus brings all of the born again, into the sky.
This is the Rapture, and you'll see Jesus in person, and you'll get your new body.

You argue for arguments sake without any truth attached. Many are called but few are chosen. The calling is now not later.

You can't post verses because your ideas are your own...and you are simply flooding these pages with nonsense. That's why you have been on ignore.

If you want to do more than just verbalize your own thoughts...look deeper into actual verses and show a real connection that is both logical and helpful to people at the present time. Religious assurances aside, take everything you believe and compare it to Norse mythology. You are simply reflecting the popular culture and forcing it onto the biblical text. Let the Bible speak for itself.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You argue for arguments sake without any truth attached. ve and compare it to Norse mythology. You are simply reflecting the popular culture and forcing onto the biblical text. Let the Bible speak for itself.

Im not arguing, Episkopos.
I showed you what you need to understand.
You have your opinion, and your commentaries, and you are stuck in those.
So, thats on you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

26444_94c8edb5f8b5885f66fb62bff9716ad4.jpg

Nice Kinkade.

Here are a few more.
-
-

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like these verses that I believe are part of what is being talked about here:

Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 12:2

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

1Co 15:49

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

2Co 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Anyone have any thoughts on how we get there? I've long felt that I'm lacking and falling short. Follow/obey the Lord and stay on the narrow path is all I know to do. The Israelites were chastised by the Lord for not having faith to cross the Jordan, and this was long after they had crossed the Red Sea. So I believe faith is certainly involved. Is this the extra oil that the wise virgins had with them?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting discussion. I think you answered many questions without knowing you did. You speak all the right words but it seems you don't know the full spectrum of their meaning.
First of all, God makes us holy. We can't and we don't, but we cooperate. You said it yourself, the Holy Spirit sanctifies us, makes us holy. He does the work in us.
Jesus cleansed our sins and made us a new creature, gave us spiritual life and enabled us to "ENTER INTO" this eternal spiritual state - "IN CHRIST". He is the door/gate by which we enter into the kingdom of heaven.
You also mentioned the word "yield" and that means yield to God's guidance, His power that directs us. We wrestle with His will sometimes, struggle to go our own way and so screw up. So yielding is key.
Now your claim that spiritually was somehow lost centuries ago is absurd. It is and continues to be preached and understood in probably hundreds of thousands of churches. GOD IS SOVEREIGN. This means His plan is going along exactly how He designed it. He allows for evil and factors on all our blunders and errors into His perfect plan. Or would you stand there and tell Him He's failing? All who are written to the Book of Life are predestined to be saved. No one is lost that He has in mind to save.
So what is the High calling? Two things.
1. He first draws us to Himself, an inner calling and an outward calling by which He orchestrates events and people in our lives so that we can hear and read His Word.
2. Once we are saved, He equips us with spiritual gifts and some sort of mission/calling to do. We are to be salt and light and when prompted, share the gospel.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting discussion. I think you answered many questions without knowing you did. You speak all the right words but it seems you don't know the full spectrum of their meaning.
First of all, God makes us holy. We can't and we don't, but we cooperate. You said it yourself, the Holy Spirit sanctifies us, makes us holy. He does the work in us.
Jesus cleansed our sins and made us a new creature, gave us spiritual life and enabled us to "ENTER INTO" this eternal spiritual state - "IN CHRIST". He is the door/gate by which we enter into the kingdom of heaven.
You also mentioned the word "yield" and that means yield to God's guidance, His power that directs us. We wrestle with His will sometimes, struggle to go our own way and so screw up. So yielding is key.
Now your claim that spiritually was somehow lost centuries ago is absurd. It is and continues to be preached and understood in probably hundreds of thousands of churches. GOD IS SOVEREIGN. This means His plan is going along exactly how He designed it. He allows for evil and factors on all our blunders and errors into His perfect plan. Or would you stand there and tell Him He's failing? All who are written to the Book of Life are predestined to be saved. No one is lost that He has in mind to save.
So what is the High calling? Two things.
1. He first draws us to Himself, an inner calling and an outward calling by which He orchestrates events and people in our lives so that we can hear and read His Word.
2. Once we are saved, He equips us with spiritual gifts and some sort of mission/calling to do. We are to be salt and light and when prompted, share the gospel.

What you are missing here is the scale of the calling of God. Does your church look like what we read in Acts 2? How many believers do you know who are...

1. walking as Jesus walked, holy and without sin?
2. killed for the Lord's sake?

and...

3. What have you seen of Zion where God dwells?

These should suffice to tell you that all of Christendom is spiritually asleep....or worse...spiritually dead.

If you believe the testimony of Jesus...REALLY believe His testimony....then you will open your mind to hearing that ALL the virgins of Israel (spiritual Israel) will fall into a deep sleep. (Matt. 25)

Do you understand things on an eternal scale?

....or are you judging with your eyes and a religiously awakened carnal outer man POSING as one who is spiritually and eternally aware of what is truly happening?

The truth hurts the outer man...but brings comfort to the inner man. Very few understand just how strong we are in the outer man at the expense of the inner man that God wants to elevate what is made in His image (inner man) into the full stature of Christ.

Be careful how you judge.

You will be judged based on what you think the truth is and what reality you have chosen to defend.

Last edited: