What is the point of a forum if you cannot speak?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im in favor of a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon cultist not deciding what should be "heard" on a "CHRISTIAN" forum.
They are Christian, just not orthodox Christian.

What is the point of a forum if you cannot speak?​

Not much point. I'm sure a decline in post count has already been observed.

Reactions: APAK and Jane_Doe22

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im in favor of a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon cultist not deciding what should be "heard" on a "CHRISTIAN" forum.
Why do you feel you should have the only opportunity to represent your god sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are Christian, just not orthodox Christian.

This was a great site Wrangler, people got along, was able to share their opinions, and now things are changing. Obviously new blood has came on the scene, showing favoritism to certain individuals, changing the look of the site, determining what is scriptural or not. It is a sad day for all of us. I fully realize that those who hate the true God, cannot prevent His people from reaching those who are rightly disposed, but they sure can make it harder for us.

What is the point of having a "Christian" forum if you cannot speak the Bible?

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please show me where and at what time one of these groups prevented any other professed Christians from deciding what should be heard or not heard on this forum, as I have not witnessed it anywhere on this form. However of recent I have noticed that some have attempted to censor the views of those of different faiths, and have even gone so far as to persuade the administrator of this forum not only to prohibit certain subjects from being discussed, but likewise to remove those who harbor any of these views.

IF the policy of this forum is as it is stated in the blue area below under "About Us", viz., "Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds," then this implies an open form where all faiths may be free to present their views.

If this is no longer the case then to be honest (as all true Christian should be) the administrator of this form should state otherwise and change this statement so as to reflect the new direction of this form, i.e., "we are bias and accept only those who believe as we do, we do not allow any dissenting views nor those of different backgrounds (faiths) then ours"

As for the accusation that those who present alternative view points on scripture (those which are contrary to the orthodox view) are "cultist" it should be known that the same could be said of all Babylon, Mother and daughters. At one time the Catholic church proclaimed all the reformers and their followers heretics even as the reformers accused the Mother church. The truth is Babylon as a whole is the largest cult their is as it is the primary source of most of errors and false teachings infecting the professed church today. Thus it seems a bit hypocritical to go around accusing others of being in a cult when one themselves is likewise a member.

In the end its up to each individual professed believer to prove for themselves from the scriptures what is truth. If you are restricted and in bondage to one set of beliefs, beliefs you have held all your life but have not fully proven for yourself, and this means having personally proven from a study of the scriptures, for yourself, NOT merely accepting the validity of something merely because it is held by the majority or because it is held by someone with whom you admire or respect, no! it must be you personally who has proven its validity by the scriptures otherwise your faith is false it is based on the faith (the beliefs ) of another. As it is written, "Without faith (true faith, personal faith) it is impossible to please God"

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the changes have been down to how members communicate and attack one another - so please don’t place all the blame on those behind the scenes - members equally should take responsibility for how they act and the consequences that follow
Just saying !!!!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It’s OK with me that denominations have some beliefs of secondary importance that differ.

Its not ok with God that a CULT that you find "a-ok" Lies, and teaches that God has a "wife"
You are not able to discern how demonic this is, so, of course, its "alright with you", Wrangler.
So, have it your own way, just as your opinion always directs.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s OK with me that denominations have some beliefs of secondary importance that differ.
Additionally, a lot of the times we SO misunderstand what other groups believe, on primary and secondary doctrines. The power of a venue like this is that we can listen and come to better understand each other. Understand doesn't mean agree, obviously, but being better informed is always a good thing.

If a person wants a place where it's just talking with people that agree with them, CF probably isn't the place for them and they'd probably be happier in a denomination-specific venue.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t that a reason for individual response to rule enforcement of etiquette rather than doctrinal censorship?
To be fair when I joined the forum I read a statement that the matter of the Trinity was a closed issue. However most of the discussions concerned the Trinity or the deity of Christ. Can you blame the administrators for taking action to enforce the rules? I understand there is still a section where discussions like that can take place

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fair when I joined the forum I read a statement that the matter of the Trinity was a closed issue. However most of the discussions concerned the Trinity or the deity of Christ. Can you blame the administrators for taking action to enforce the rules? I understand there is still a section where discussions like that can take place
Fwiw, I only joined this forum because it doesn’t require you to agree to the Creeds (I have foundational issues with that) or their statements on the nature of God. And yes I do beleive Christ is the divine Son of God.

Now that being said, I also 100% also get sick of the constant Trinity threads. It gets extremely one-note.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only God I believe exist is the one who made the world, by his spoken Word. He created you and everyone here, @Robert Gwin . Psalm 95:3; people call God - Jehovah/Yahweh.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not ok with God that a CULT that you find "a-ok" Lies, and teaches that God has a "wife"
Well, you are quick to speak for God with no foundation. I don’t recall the verse of such doctrinal purity that pivots salvation on NOT believing God has a ‘wife.’

If a Christian brother or sister believes such a thing, I find no verse that pivots my loving them and forgiving them ONLY if they don’t believe God has a wife.

Said differently, another Christian’s belief does not threaten me or my beliefs at all. Why does it frighten you?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Additionally, a lot of the times we SO misunderstand what other groups believe, on primary and secondary doctrines. The power of a venue like this is that we can listen and come to better understand each other.
Another critical point is, after one realizes the denominational doctrines are not aligned, it is a test for one’s self control to choose not to engage further on that topic IF further discussion is too unsettling.

For instance, I personally am not going to spend a lot of time on threads delving into the doctrine of Mary - though a married woman - remains forever a virgin.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you blame the administrators for taking action to enforce the rules? I understand there is still a section where discussions like that can take place
That place is outside the Christian forums, a change from its proper and former place, the unorthodox forum.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

It’s all in the way you express it, apparently. @Peterlag wrote a post this evening which asserts that Jesus became God in the 4th century. A moderator reviewed the post, at my request, and stated that it does not violate the new policy.

I suppose the decision could be reconsidered and reversed, but it may be an indication that the new policy is more flexible than it initially appeared to be.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However most of the discussions concerned the Trinity or the deity of Christ.
Not sure why this is a ‘however.’ If one does not want to discuss such topics, it is not required.

For instance, I do not believe in the infallibility of the popes. However, if others want to discuss this, thread after thread, that’s what forums are generally for.

Reactions: Matthias
Status
Not open for further replies.