What is the purpose of being born in bodies of earthly flesh?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That may seem easy to understand at first; but then why did Jesus talk about saving flesh?

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages.

Reactions: r1xlx

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read:

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That may seem easy to understand at first; but then why did Jesus talk about saving flesh?

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

I don't think there's a real contradiction after I really thought about it, but it posed a problem for me when I first thought about the two verses put together. I'd curious about how other people here reconcile these two passages.
HI Giuliano,

In the first passage, flesh and blood being corruptible, we have to be born again.

In the second passage, Jesus is saying that if He didn't put a stop the the affliction, everyone living in flesh would die, physically. But so that not all the Jews are killed, Jesus will stop the carnage.

Transformed into a new body, now incorruptible.

Saved in the old body, still alive upon the earth.

That's my take.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HI Giuliano,

In the first passage, flesh and blood being corruptible, we have to be born again.

In the second passage, Jesus is saying that if He didn't put a stop the the affliction, everyone living in flesh would die, physically. But so that not all the Jews are killed, Jesus will stop the carnage.

Transformed into a new body, now incorruptible.

Saved in the old body, still alive upon the earth.

That's my take.

Much love!
Yes, I agree, but why do it that way?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree, but why do it that way?
Corruption is an interruption.

The original creation, flesh bodies and all, was good. But then sin corrupted, so that which was good became not good enough. But it's what we have.

So then God is redeeming us, to restore us to the original concept, and in the meantime, we live in our corrupted flesh bodies now.

I believe God's plan is that mankind continue to propogate, and that happens with physical bodies, pre-resurrection. So Jesus returns to physically rescue those about to be destroyed, to continue humanity upon the earth.

Kind of shooting from the hip here . . .

Much love!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corruption is an interruption.

The original creation, flesh bodies and all, was good. But then sin corrupted, so that which was good became not good enough. But it's what we have.

So then God is redeeming us, to restore us to the original concept, and in the meantime, we live in our corrupted flesh bodies now.

I believe God's plan is that mankind continue to propogate, and that happens with physical bodies, pre-resurrection. So Jesus returns to physically rescue those about to be destroyed, to continue humanity upon the earth.

Kind of shooting from the hip here . . .

Much love!
What is the point of having bodies of flesh? Why did God form Adam from the dust outside of Eden and then place him in Eden?

Child of God

Feb 18, 2020
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read:

God is much BIGGER then the Earth.

The Earth is not the center of the Universe.

The real problem occurs when of ALL the Planets in ALL the Universe,
Satan was cast down upon Earth.

There was a war in the HEAVEN.

Satan was cast down upon Earth, not another planet.

Satan WAS CAST DOWN UPON EARTH.

This is a Problem.

Satan is BOUND to the Earth, And soon to non exist.

LITERALLY, the Devil was cast down to this Planet Earth.

LITERALLY.

There are things going in heaven we are not aware of.

It turns out of ALL THE PLANETS IN THE UNIVERSE,
Satan was bound upon Earth.

There are more things to Heaven and Earth, then you can Imagine.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the point of having bodies of flesh? Why did God form Adam from the dust outside of Eden and then place him in Eden?
I don't know. He thought it good, that's all I can say.

I think that God designed a place, a world, a universe, a people, that would give delight to those people. Except that we chose our own way, and ever since He's been bringing us back.

But to really answer your question, I don't know. But I know that what we are now isn't the original design. I suspect that there may not have been the vail dividing seen from unseen, and all existed in a single realm, but again, I don't know for sure.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is much BIGGER then the Earth.

The Earth is not the center of the Universe.

The real problem occurs when of ALL the Planets in ALL the Universe,
Satan was cast down upon Earth.

There was a war in the HEAVEN.

Satan was cast down upon Earth, not another planet.

Satan WAS CAST DOWN UPON EARTH.

This is a Problem.

Satan is BOUND to the Earth, And soon to non exist.

LITERALLY, the Devil was cast down to this Planet Earth.

LITERALLY.

There are things going in heaven we are not aware of.

It turns out of ALL THE PLANETS IN THE UNIVERSE,
Satan was bound upon Earth.

There are more things to Heaven and Earth, then you can Imagine.
Hi Child of God,

Did you ever happen to read the book, Escape from the Twisted Planet? Interesting story, I thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Escape-Twisted-Planet-Harold-Myra/dp/0849929490

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:5-7 KJV
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. [6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. [7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Greek: σάρξ
Transliteration: sarx
Pronunciation: sarx
Definition: Probably from the base of G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin) that is (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food) or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit) or as the symbol of what is external or as the means of kindred or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions) or (specifically) a human being (as such): - carnal (-ly + -ly minded) flesh ([-ly]).
KJV Usage: flesh (147x), carnal (2x), carnally minded (with G5427) (1x), fleshly (1x).
Occurs: 151
In verses: 130

Carnal ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tecarta Bible

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we can call the God of the Hebrews Fiction, correct?
The Bible is a work of Fiction, Correct?
I'm sorry, I don't understand. I'm not saying God or the Bible is fiction, are you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He covered them in skins because the sewn figs didn’t seem to get the job done?
You sure have a flexible mind!

:)

Personally I think God made them with skin on, being made from the dust. My guess is that more "being" would come later in partaking of the Tree of Life.

Much love!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

What an interesting question? I don't know but I'm guessing it has to do with restoration as we still have these bodies today.

I also think it has to do with sin. Perhaps not on earth because it was not apparent when Adam was created but perhaps sin/rebellion in the heavenlies.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming at this from another direction . . .

I think that God made man in this way in order to give us a certain depth and breadth of experience in life, and that for the purposed that we could come to understand what love is. Love is joy for us, and is pleasing to our Creator. God is love, and tells us to trust Him, and to love. So I think this realm exists for the purpose that we may live in it in such a way so that we can truly come to know the nature and goodness and love of our creator.

This creation, and in being a new creation, gives such a rich tapestry so that we can come to know Him.

Even in the sinfulness of the fall His righteousness still shines, and more brightly. And we know shine, because we have small minds that are dazzled by bright and beautiful lights.

Could He have done this a different way? I imagine. Though the angels, living in the unseen realm, don't seem to have the same sort of life, or possibilities, as we have. Personally, I think it was Satan's envy once he saw God's intent for man that caused him to rebel. "Not them, me! I will be like God!"

God is making us to become like Him. So for some reason this way works best.

OK, there are some random thoughts. Interesting thing to think about! I'm going to think some more, see what Scriptures may come to mind of why this material universe, and bodies of flesh.

Much love!

@ScottA

Reactions: ScottA and Angelina