What is the sigfincance of the 'Black Hole' found in space.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
especially to Christians. The scientist are absolutely beside themselves after the pictures came in of the 'Black Hole'. Take a look...

"Black hole picture could unlock new era in astronomy.

When the first-ever direct picture of a black hole was unveiled Wednesday, scientists around the world were almost giddy over finally getting a chance to see one of the most mysterious objects in the universe.

“A once-in-a-lifetime result,” exulted Shep Doeleman, director of the Event Horizon Telescope, the international team of scientists who created the image using a network of radio telescopes linked together to form a single, Earth-size observatory.

“I couldn’t imagine that I’d live to see a telescopic image of a black hole,” said Jean-Pierre Luminet of the French National Center for Scientific Research, who created the first visualization of a black hole in 1979. Yale astronomer Priya Natarajan was more succinct. “My first reaction on seeing the image was: Wow!”

The remarkable snapshot shows a monster black hole 55 million light-years from Earth in the neighboring galaxy M87."Black hole picture could unlock new era in astronomy

A black hole forms when the center of a very massive star collapses in upon itself. This collapse also causes a supernova, or an exploding star, that blasts part of the star into space.

So I was looking at all the news on it when I came across a video where the scientist admitted they didn't know how the universe worked and all they could do was come up with ideas or theory's on what was happening. But what really caught my ear was a scientist admitting there is energy pouring into the universe forming it, and this was in the context of not knowing. Elements of galaxies such as stars (or suns) were being push around and forming faster than they had calculated according to their theories, while other parts were moving 'normally'. There were extreme star-forming galaxies in the universe, according to them, the so-called "dusty star-forming galaxies."

Unknown energy pouring into the universe driving its formation, imagine that...

Reactions: Dave L

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
especially to Christians. The scientist are absolutely beside themselves after the pictures came in of the 'Black Hole'. Take a look...

"Black hole picture could unlock new era in astronomy.

When the first-ever direct picture of a black hole was unveiled Wednesday, scientists around the world were almost giddy over finally getting a chance to see one of the most mysterious objects in the universe.

“A once-in-a-lifetime result,” exulted Shep Doeleman, director of the Event Horizon Telescope, the international team of scientists who created the image using a network of radio telescopes linked together to form a single, Earth-size observatory.

“I couldn’t imagine that I’d live to see a telescopic image of a black hole,” said Jean-Pierre Luminet of the French National Center for Scientific Research, who created the first visualization of a black hole in 1979. Yale astronomer Priya Natarajan was more succinct. “My first reaction on seeing the image was: Wow!”

The remarkable snapshot shows a monster black hole 55 million light-years from Earth in the neighboring galaxy M87."Black hole picture could unlock new era in astronomy

A black hole forms when the center of a very massive star collapses in upon itself. This collapse also causes a supernova, or an exploding star, that blasts part of the star into space.

So I was looking at all the news on it when I came across a video where the scientist admitted they didn't know how the universe worked and all they could do was come up with ideas or theory's on what was happening. But what really caught my ear was a scientist admitting there is energy pouring into the universe forming it, and this was in the context of not knowing. Elements of galaxies such as stars (or suns) were being push around and forming faster than they had calculated according to their theories, while other parts were moving 'normally'. There were extreme star-forming galaxies in the universe, according to them, the so-called "dusty star-forming galaxies."

Unknown energy pouring into the universe driving its formation, imagine that...
This is how science works, this is how we have the technology we have today that saves millions of lives. Instead of assuming a god did something when we don't know something we investigate it until we figure it out to a high probability. We could never have this technology to see t his black hole if we would have assumed a god where we didn't have knowledge.

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yawn. They can only see a black hole by assuming they are looking at a black hole.

Black hole theory violates several known laws, one of them being the law of gravity. Newton published his shell theorem showing that gravity in a solid sphere decreases to zero at the center. That is because all the mass is pulling away from the center, so the net effect is zero. So gravity can't build up the way the theory says it can.

Another part of the theory is that electrons and protons can be squeezed together to make neutrons. I am told that has been observed, but I have not verified those observations, and I very doubt that they were brought about by gravity.

Third, a nucleus can only exist with certain combinations of protons and neutrons called islands of stability, and as the nuclei get larger the islands of stability get farther apart. If a collection is off by even one particle it flies apart instantly. So neutronium is impossible.

Science is not self supporting, so the first concern of a scientist has to be to avoid discovering anything that embarrasses his patron. Success is measured by approval of other scientists, which assures continued support, use of exotic equipment, and professional contacts, so a scientist must also avoid discovering anything that his peers disagree with. The only reason science ever advances at all is that old scientists die and are replaced by young scientists with different patrons and different peers.