What is, the visitation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 19:43-44 KJV
[43] For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, [44] And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

1 Peter 2:11-12 KJV
[11] Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; [12] Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Is any clarity given within scripture to what the day of visitation is?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Luke 19:43-44 KJV
[43] For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, [44] And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

1 Peter 2:11-12 KJV
[11] Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; [12] Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

imo this is talking about when the like the Tammy Fay Bakkers et al of the world are found out for what they are, them having not appreciated the offer of salvation. Something like that?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is my take on what "the day of visitation" means.

Luke 19:44 makes reference to the toppling of stones. "and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another".

The same term can be found in Matthew and Mark as Jesus reveals the signs leading up the second coming.

Matthew 24
2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

Mark 13
2 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

I believe "the day of visitation" is a reference to the second coming of Christ.

Although I could be wrong........it's been known to happen. :p

k

Reactions: Helen