What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

Must be instructed in the faith:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is a Person and that Person is Jesus who declared I am the way, the TRUTH and the life.
Truth is His word- Thy word is truth.

Truth is the Person of Christ and His teachings. its all about HIM from cover to cover. The entire OT points to Christ and all the Epistles/Gospels look back upon His life. Our Calendar BC/AD points to Him.

Jesus said the OT was about Himself

Luke 24:25-27
And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 " Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

John 5:39-40
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:44-45
Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will bear witness of HIM

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:7-9
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me

John 16:13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

“Christ and his church are one.”

I like that. It reminds me of John 10:30. (“The Father and I are one.”)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith said:

(His apostles)[/QUOTE]

The Only Begotten Son of YHWH God is the seed of the woman that YHWH God said would come to crush the serpent.
The Hebrew scriptures (old testament) progressively teaches us about this seed that YHWH God said would come.
The Apostle John teaches us that the Word who is the Only Begotten Son of YHWH God became flesh/human.
The Only Begotten Son of YHWH God came as a minister to mankind who would sacrifice his human life as a ransom sacrifice to buy back mankind.
While on earth the Only-begotten Son of God Jesus Christ taught his apostles. He told them after his death and resurrection that he had received all authority and told them to baptize disciples teaching everything he taught them.
So I agree there is a true Church that has Jesus as it's head and foundation and has God's Holy Spirit. I understand however that you and I will possibly disagree what Church is the True Church.
You saying scriptures consist more than 66 books is something you and I will disagree with. I believe that the Bible consists of 66 books and what 2 Timothy 3:16 says is true concerning those 66 books.
I honestly believe just as God was speaking through his Only Begotten Son who was speaking to his Apostles and disciples back then God is speaking through his Only Begotten Son today who in turn is speaking to his disciples who make up the True Church today. This is the Church that has God's Holy Spirit. It is this True Church that God through his Only Begotten Son who will teach us progressively the truth.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christ truth! Jn 14:6
The church is also truth
Matt 18:17 Jn 8:32 16:13 1 Tim 3:15

The church whose head is a Jewish man, a unitarian.

You mentioned “God and Christ” in your OP. When you hear that phrase do you hear “God and God”? (I don’t.) The Trinity? (I don’t.) Father and Son? (I do.) Yahweh and Jesus? (I do.)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church whose head is a Jewish man, a unitarian.

You mentioned “God and Christ” in your OP. When you hear that phrase do you hear “God and God”? (I don’t.) The Trinity? (I don’t.) Father and Son? (I do.) Yahweh and Jesus? (I do.)

of the tribe is f Judah and the house of David the king!
Jesus is king in the new Israel!

And eternal God!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The eternal God in Jesus’ religion is the Father.

The eternal God in the Catholic’s religion is the Trinity.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Father’s word incarnate.
He is God in the flesh . John 1:1-14.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory

John 1:18
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Rom 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, in order that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
He is God in the flesh . John 1:1-14.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory

John 1:18
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 20:28
Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

Rom 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, in order that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Every passage of scripture when properly understood will be found to agree with the Messiah’s own unitarian theology.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every passage of scripture when properly understood will be found to agree with the Messiah’s own unitarian theology.
Except unitarian in not in the Bible . One God, One Lord is and more than the Father is called the One God, One Lord. The Son is called both equally with the Father in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Except unitarian in not in the Bible . One God, One Lord is and more than the Father is called the One God, One Lord. The Son is called both equally with the Father in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!

Who and how many persons is the Messiah’s God?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Eternal God

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jesus is a Jewish man; a unitarian.

You’re asking people to believe that a Jewish man - a unitarian whose own God is neither himself nor the Trinity - founded and is the head of a trinitarian church.