What is wrong with abortion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

surrendersacrifice

May 27, 2007
What is wrong with abortion?Those who exercise true love respect all human beings irrespective of their appearance or size. They, therefore, recognize the humanity of a one cell stage human being by recognizing that it is an independent life form with human genes; and has a human life force within it that initiates, directs and sustains a process to take that person through successive stages of development (over many years) to transform that person from a single cell individual to a fully grown human being with 10 trillion cells, multiple complex systems and a brain with a memory capacity equal to 20,000 computers. They, therefore see destruction of human beings in the embryonic and fetal stage as murder. They also see such an act as gross violation of human rights because it denies the victim from reaching his/her full human potential.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moved you over to a little better fit, forum wise.
smile.gif

PhilWS

Jan 5, 2007
QUOTE (surrendersacrifice @ Feb 5 2009, 11:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68851
What is wrong with abortion?Those who exercise true love respect all human beings irrespective of their appearance or size. They, therefore, recognize the humanity of a one cell stage human being by recognizing that it is an independent life form with human genes; and has a human life force within it that initiates, directs and sustains a process to take that person through successive stages of development (over many years) to transform that person from a single cell individual to a fully grown human being with 10 trillion cells, multiple complex systems and a brain with a memory capacity equal to 20,000 computers. They, therefore see destruction of human beings in the embryonic and fetal stage as murder. They also see such an act as gross violation of human rights because it denies the victim from reaching his/her full human potential.
Ps 22:7-107 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.(KJV)Ps 58:1-41 Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?2 Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;(KJV)Isa 44:24-2524 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;(KJV)Luke 1:39-4439 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.(KJV)

K

kiwimac

QUOTE (PhilWS @ Feb 13 2009, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69100
Ps 22:7-107 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.(KJV)Ps 58:1-41 Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?2 Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;(KJV)Isa 44:24-2524 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;25 That frustrateth the tokens of the liars, and maketh diviners mad; that turneth wise men backward, and maketh their knowledge foolish;(KJV)Luke 1:39-4439 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.(KJV)
You cannot quote scriptures relating to particular persons as if they were general statements. These are specific scriptures relating to specific instances.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (kiwimac @ Feb 12 2009, 08:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69101
You cannot quote scriptures relating to particular persons as if they were general statements. These are specific scriptures relating to specific instances.
Exodus 20:13 - Thou shalt not kill.Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
QUOTE (Jordan @ Feb 12 2009, 09:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69102
Exodus 20:13 - Thou shalt not kill.Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
The fact is that God has been against child sacrifice since the beginning.and isn't that what abortion issacrificing a child for your own convenience.

K

kiwimac

The ONLY scripture referencing abortion makes it a CIVIL crime under Jewish Law. The Jeremiah scripture is FOR Jeremiah in the middle of a passage in which God tells him that he is not to be ashamed / worried because God has purposed him for a prophet from before he was born. It DOES NOT apply to anyone else. The Exodus redaction of the commandments actually says " You shall not murder."

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (kiwimac @ Feb 12 2009, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69107
The ONLY scripture referencing abortion makes it a CIVIL crime under Jewish Law. The Jeremiah scripture is FOR Jeremiah in the middle of a passage in which God tells him that he is not to be ashamed / worried because God has purposed him for a prophet from before he was born. It DOES NOT apply to anyone else. The Exodus redaction of the commandments actually says " You shall not murder."
Yes it is thou shalt not murder.Exodus 20:13 - Thou shalt not kill.Matthew 19:18 - He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,Matthew 5:17-18 - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.It is also doesn't change that fact that Jeremiah 1:5 also says that everybody existed before birth. In a way it does apply to everybody.

K

kiwimac

But it doesn't. The Jeremiah scripture applies only to Jeremiah. It loses it's importance if you stretch it to cover everyone.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (kiwimac @ Feb 13 2009, 01:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69119
But it doesn't. The Jeremiah scripture applies only to Jeremiah. It loses it's importance if you stretch it to cover everyone.
Are you telling me that God never knew that He Himself knew his children before they were born? I'm not talking about the prophet part for Jeremiah... that is only for Jeremiah... I'm only talking about the birth part.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
If you cause harm to the least of these, meaning children, it will be better for you if a millstone was tied around your neck and you were cast into the sea.Thou shalt not murder.An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.Do you actually need the specific word abortion to understand its wrong?

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
QUOTE (Jordan @ Feb 14 2009, 05:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69128
Are you telling me that God never knew that He Himself knew his children before they were born? I'm not talking about the prophet part for Jeremiah... that is only for Jeremiah... I'm only talking about the birth part.
I completely agree with you Jordan. God is speaking very clearly here about the fact that He knew all of us before we were even formed!

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
QUOTE (surrendersacrifice @ Feb 5 2009, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=68851
Couldn't have said it better myself. Jesus Christ (regarding His Manhood) began as a single cell as did George Washington as did the abortionist committing the atrocious crime of abortion. The very idea of abortion was born of the heart and mind of Satan, himself.