• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What is Christianity?

What is it really?

Is it taking the sacraments, being sprinkled and confirmed, and dying in a state of grace?

No.

Is it joining a local church, being water baptized, and tithing every Sunday?

No.

Is it going to seminary and trying to be like Christ and then going to India to work with street orphans until you die there at 87 yrs of age?

No.

Is it arguing your denomination's theology on a forum, or cutting and pasting from some website or from some commentary = the same stuff over and over as if you wrote it ??

Nope.

So why isn't any of that Christianity?
Its because you can do all that and not be a real Christian.
That's why.
Many do., and all of them who died today, are in hell right now wondering what happened.
"How can i be here"..... I was water baptized......and didnt i give to the poor.......didnt i go to church for 40 yrs, didnt i try to be like Jesus,and twist my beads and light my candles and ......didnt i do all my penance" ?????
What Happened? Why am i HERE !!!! """"

Jesus said...>"You must be BORN AGAIN".
And they were not.

So, what is it? What is Christianity.?

Christianity is Salvation.
Salvation is how God restores you to Himself, for eternity.

Christianity, is actually and simply the means by which God deals with your sin, forever., and the end result of that, is that you have become a CHRISTian.

Christianity is you joining God through the Cross of Christ.

So, if that is Christianity, then what is all the work a real Christian does, such as helping street orphans and trying to be good, and giving to the poor?

Thats : = Discipleship, and you can do all that and not be a Christian.
Just ask the people in Hell.

Here is a revelation for you, who study and want to learn the NT.
Christians are not disciples.
Disciples followed Christ around, and some of them LEFT HIM.
If you study the book of the Acts of the Apostles, you'll discover that as soon as they were known as CHRISTIANS (The Way), <B><..... they were never again referred to as disciples in the NT.
Christians are actually Spiritually Re-birthed Son's and Daughters of God, who are forgiven all their sin and have become a NEW CREATION.

God took His Holy Spirit and re-birthed your spirit into HIMSELF. "(God is A Spirit)"......and THAT is "CHRISTianity"

See that "New Creation"? That is a CHRISTian, as that is the part of you that is joined to God and is right now "seated in heavenly places" "in Christ"......if you are born again.
If you're not, then you're not a CHRISTian.

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is Christianity?

What is it really?

Is it taking the sacraments, being sprinkled and confirmed, and dying in a state of grace?

No.

No.

Is it going to seminary and trying to be like Christ and then going to India to work with street orphans until you die there at 87 yrs of age?

No.

Is it arguing your denomination's theology on a forum, or cutting and pasting from some website or from some commentary = the same stuff over and over as if you wrote it ??

Nope.

That's why.
Many do., and all of them who died today, are in hell right now wondering what happened.
"How can i be here"..... I was water baptized......and didnt i give to the poor.......didnt i go to church for 40 yrs, didnt i try to be like Jesus,and twist my beads and light my candles and ......didnt i do all my penance" ?????

And they were not.

Christianity, is actually and simply the means by which God deals with your sin, forever., and the end result of that, is that you have become a CHRISTian.

So, if that is Christianity, then what is all the work a real Christian does, such as helping street orphans and trying to be good, and giving to the poor?

If you study the book of the Acts of the Apostles, you'll discover that as soon as they were known as CHRISTIANS (The Way), <B><..... they were never again referred to as disciples in the NT.
Christians are actually Spiritually Re-birthed Son's and Daughters of God, who are forgiven all their sin and have become a NEW CREATION.

God took His Holy Spirit and re-birthed your spirit into HIMSELF. "(God is A Spirit)"......and THAT is "CHRISTianity"

See that "New Creation"? That is a CHRISTian, as that is the part of you that is joined to God and is right now "seated in heavenly places" "in Christ"......if you are born again.
I used to think I was a Christian because of a number of those things you quoted BUT then I was given a little booklet called 'Journey Into Life' which also quoted those things you said so then I knew I wasn't a Christian so I asked God's forgiveness and gave my life to Jesus and was spiritually reborn and became a true believer and began my own journey into life. That would be more than 45 years ago. And even though I don't go to church meetings any more I still know that I am His and He is mine.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is Christianity?

What is it really?

No.

No.

No.

Nope.

That's why.

And they were not.

It is not uncommon for folk working out their Christianity to tell others what they should believe......why they are right and others wrong.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is Christianity?

~ ity...relating to OR belonging to....Christ.
~ ian..who or what relating to OR belonging to Christ....
~ Christ...Savior
~ relating to....BelievING...can continue and Become Sav-ed or fall away.
~ belonging to...Heartful Confess-ed and Sav-ed Believer For Ever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I used to think I was a Christian because of a number of those things you quoted BUT then I was given a little booklet called 'Journey Into Life' which also quoted those things you said so then I knew I wasn't a Christian so I asked God's forgiveness and gave my life to Jesus and was spiritually reborn and became a true believer and began my own journey into life. That would be more than 45 years ago. And even though I don't go to church meetings any more I still know that I am His and He is mine.

"Spiritually Re-Born".

There is your CHRISTianity found, as you and I discovered.

My Journey to the Cross started when i was 5 yrs old and found a "Chick Tract", entitled "This was your Life".
It was laying on the ground, in front of a post office, and i picked it up..
I read it, and never forgot it, and that seed eventually bore eternal life fruit in me.

We have to become joined to God, and that is Spiritual Birth, only.

God has to deal with all our sin, so THAT He can give us His Righteousness.

Being born again has 2 parts.

1.) Forgiven sin
2.) Spiritual Rebirth.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Spiritually Re-Born".

There is your CHRISTianity found, as you and I discovered.

My Journey to the Cross started when i was 5 yrs old and found a "Chick Tract", entitled "This was your Life".
It was laying on the ground, in front of a post office, and i picked it up..
I read it, and never forgot it, and that seed eventually bore eternal life fruit in me.

We have to become joined to God, and that is Spiritual Birth, only.

God has to deal with all our sin, so THAT He can give us His Righteousness.

Being born again has 2 parts.

1.) Forgiven sin
2.) Spiritual Rebirth.
Some like you I call a brother in Christ but many are not (yet).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
~ relating to....BelievING...can continue and Become Sav-ed or fall away.

IF beig born again ,= if a BIRTH in the Spirit is a process, then you are right.

You're not.

Being born again is not a process, Its an event. It happens instantly

Its not "being born again" or "the process of continuing to be".

Its ""BORN""............ see that?.........That is an event, not a process.......>"AGAIN"..........that is one time, instantly.

Taken, somewhere along the way some deceiver has trained you to think that behavior has a part to play in Salvation.
In fact, it has NO PART, as Salvation comes from GOD, and its a "GIFT"..."The GIFT of Salvation".
See That Cross of Christ?
Is that your Behavior?
Is that you trying to keep it?
No its not.

You can't earn THAT, .......as that finished work of Jesus on the Cross its applied by God to a BELIEVER....so, you can't lose it, or as you are trying explain, using different vernacular ..."fall away".

You can't fall away from BIRTH.

Being born again is a birth.

BIRTH
BIRTH

A Spiritual BIRTH.

Will you ever understand this?....and not just you.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

What is your Christianity?

For me, it's recognising that worldly ways count for nothing in the grand scheme of things..:)
"For we look at things unseen rather than the seen, for the seen are temporary, but the unseen are eternal" (2 Cor 4:18)
Jesus said:- "The world wants you to dance to its tune....God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Matt 11:16-17,Luke 4:18 )
That's why most Christians are cool, calm, unflappable and good-natured because they're free..:)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF beig born again ,= if a BIRTH in the Spirit is a process, then you are right.

You're not.

Being born again is not a process, Its an event. It happens instantly

Its not "being born again" or "the process of continuing to be".

Its ""BORN""............ see that?.........That is an event, not a process.......>"AGAIN"..........that is one time, instantly.

Taken, somewhere along the way some deceiver has trained you to think that behavior has a part to play in Salvation.
In fact, it has NO PART, as Salvation comes from GOD, and its a "GIFT"..."The GIFT of Salvation".
See That Cross of Christ?
Is that your Behavior?
Is that you trying to keep it?
No its not.

You can't earn THAT, .......as that finished work of Jesus on the Cross its applied by God to a BELIEVER....so, you can't lose it, or as you are trying explain, using different vernacular ..."fall away".

You can't fall away from BIRTH.

Being born again is a birth.

BIRTH
BIRTH

A Spiritual BIRTH.

Will you ever understand this?....and not just you.

Open ears. Listen to what is said. No need for you to interpret my belief, according to your understanding.

* Belief is one thing.
Men can believe, obey but doubt, then believe, obey but doubt, then believe.
THAT ^ is a process.
THAT ^ is a man “working out his salvation”.
Men can be unsure. Men can be influenced to wonder, to doubt.
* The “KEY” is to continue Hearing.
Hearing is the “WAY” that God gives measures of ”FAITH” for Hearing.
FAITH from God begins to supersede mere BELIEF of man.
THAT ^ is a process.
Man who mortally dies IN Belief, IN Faith....
THAT ^ process is Completed.
That man SHALL BE SAVED, on the day of his mortal death.
** AT ANY TIME, before that mans mortal death, THAT MAN, can be “influenced” to fall away.

Phil 2:
[12] Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

* Heartful Confessed Belief is another thing.
Men WHO believe AND heartfully Confess their Belief...
ARE:
Confessing Repentance, for Having NOT Believed.
In Agreement with God, to receive Gods Forgiveness.
In Agreement with God, to receive God’’s Saving of his soul.
Pledging their Mortal Body Unto Death, for their Love of God.
In Agreement with God, to receive Gods Spirit.
In Agreement with God, to receive Gods Seed.
In Agreement with God, to receive a circumcised New heart.
In Agreement with God, to receive a born again (quickened) spirit.
In Agreement with God, to be Sealed unto God forever.
In Agreement with God, to be with God forever.
In Agreement with God, Forever He only Will Be that mans God.

That IS Gods ORDER and WAY of an event to Accomplish a complete Restoration of mans....body, soul, spirit...once and forever.
That man IS saved...once and forever.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God deals with your sin, forever

Yes, all of your old sins are forever expunged. So don’t commit any new sins willfully:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Because although:

“…you, that were at one time alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

Being a Christian is being a disciple. Just because some “disciples” walked away from the faith doesn’t nullify that title.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, all of your old sins are forever expunged. So don’t commit any new sins willfully:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Because although:

“…you, that were at one time alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:21-23)

Being a Christian is being a disciple. Just because some “disciples” walked away from the faith doesn’t nullify that title.

Read closely....

Willful SIN is after HEARING the “KNOWLEDGE” of the Truth.

Once CONVERTED “the man can SIN no more”.... the man is MADE a new creature, and kept MADE anew by the POWER of Gods Spirit “IN” that man.

Knowing the Truth is one thing....and men CAN ignore, (willful sin) and men CAN believe, doubt, (willful sin) believe, or completely stop believing (willful sin) the Truth. Rejected Gods Truth and ONLY sacrifice for SINS.

Conversion is knowing the Truth, Accepting the Truth, Confession of their (Heartful...natural spirit of man) Acceptance, AND...then by Gods Power, the Spirit of (Gods) Truth, rebirths that mans natural truth (spirit)...TO Gods spiritual truth (born again spirit (truth) of man.
Accepted Gods Power to KEEP that man FROM SIN (ie Against God), forever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

So, you are saying that all the sins you have confessed in the last 10 yrs, were accidents, and you never committed any of these confessed sins on purpose?

Better think about that one, before you answer dishonestly, as then, you've just committed another "willful sin" you'll have to confess.

Pay attention, Michiah-Imla.
If possible.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are saying that all the sins you have confessed in the last 10 yrs

First of all, when I was converted (born again) all of my sins were taken away.

Since then I fulfill all the law according to this scripture:

“…he that loves another has fulfilled the law. For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbour as yourself.” (Romans 13:8-9)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
First of all, when I was converted (born again) all of my sins were taken away.

And you've never confessed a sin, since that day?

Is that right?

And if you did, will you pretend that all those sins you confessed were "accidents" or were they wilful?
So, once you get that answer together, in Honesty, you'll get out of Hebrews 10:26.
But not before.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I haven’t committed any sin according to the law since being born again.

“Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” (Romans 13:10)

:Thumbsup:

And you have willfully omitted that you confessed any sin in the last decade.
So, as i said, HONESTY, is permitted here, and you should give it a try.

I wont ask you a 3rd time about your confession of sin, however, its enough.
Happy Trolling.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, as i said, HONESTY, is permitted here, and you should give it a try.

I wont ask you a 3rd time about your confession of sin, however, its enough.
Happy Trolling.

You have nothing to refute the scriptures I posted.

You are supposed to be shaped by the holy scriptures, not you shaping the scriptures according to your sinful desires!

Since you continue to sin, you need an out from all those damning scriptures…

This is the case with the vast majority of men these last days…

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You have nothing to refute the scriptures I posted.

My Thread, the initial Thread, refuted you before you came to it to Troll.

So, as i said, when you decide to be honest about your "confessing sin", (all those willful sins of yours) then run directly to Hebrews 10:26 and deal with it, Michiah-Imla.
Or, keep lyig to yourself and to this forum.
That's on you.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a little confused by the wording of this sentence.

As I understand @Michiah-Imla's position, he has not sinned in the last decade. Now, we can debate the truth of this but that is secondary. He is claiming he has not sinned. It stands to reason that IF this is true, he would not confess to any sin in that time period.

What is it that you say he omitted - and omitted willfully? :hmhehm
Since you continue to sin, you need an out from all those damning scriptures…

I did not realize continuing to sin is @Behold's position, either.

My Thread, the initial Thread, refuted you before you came to it to Troll.

So, as i said, when you decide to be honest about your "confessing sin", (all those willful sins of yours) then run directly to Hebrews 10:26 and deal with it, Michiah-Imla.
Or, keep lyig to yourself and to this forum.
That's on you.

Hmmm. Is he trolling it? As I recall, you never answered my clarifying observation.

Oh God! This seems like another OSAS thread. o_O
Is this another OSAS thread or something else?