What Is Your Favorite Sport?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's Your Favorite Sport?

• Total voters

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I played soccer for 8 years growing up as a child. I like football a little but soccer was my sport. I made a lot of friends playing soccer and even had a Canadian exchange when I was young. Which is weird cause when I was in the Marines we had war games against the British Royal Marines too. Fun memories!

Reactions: April_Rose

JazzyJeff15

May 12, 2021
Connecticut
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love basketball and boxing. I have been a New York Knicks fan since 1994

@April_Rose Im sorry to say but im also a big Yankees fan! Next time we play the Indians we will see to it they dont score any runs! Go Yankees :mad:

P.s. just joking with you :D

I dont mind the Indians. Its the Red sox i dont like :mad:

Reactions: April_Rose

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My favorite sport is baseball. I prefer college baseball (I’m a season ticket holder for University of Kentucky baseball) but my favorite MLB team is the Atlanta Braves and my favorite Independent Minor League team is the Lexington Legends.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a fan of all the big pro cycling events like the Tour de France and the classics, I used to be in a local amateur cycling club, here's a dramatic pic of me in my glory days..:)
mick-cycle.jpg

Reactions: Matthias

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also like soccer, but the best sport on the planet is this one.

So good they won't even let you post a video of it without copyright permission, LoL.

Manti-Teo3-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find cricket extremely boring. Use to play it in Primary [elementary] school. Hurts real bad if the ball happened to hit your shins coming off the bat :(

I feel the same about Golf. Tried playing it a few times, and thought I'd rather watch paint dry. And that was when I was playing it, LoL. :rolleyes:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find cricket extremely boring. Use to play it in Primary [elementary] school. Hurts real bad if the ball happened to hit your shins coming off the bat :(

Yes for centuries English schoolkids have had to face cricket balls which are heavy leather-covered spheres of wood and they're great character-builders.
To explain for our American friends, the bowler pitches them short so that they unpredictably kick up off the ground, especially if he's put a spin on them, and are liable to seriously maim the batsman unless he's well padded.
It could explain Britain's success on battlefields over the years, because facing enemy cannonballs, spears and Tiger tanks is tame by comparison..:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes for centuries English schoolkids have had to face cricket balls which are heavy leather-covered spheres of wood and they're great character-builders.
To explain for our American friends, the bowler pitches them short so that they unpredictably kick up off the ground, especially if he's put a spin on them, and are liable to seriously maim the batsman unless he's well padded.
It could explain Britain's success on battlefields over the years, because facing enemy cannonballs, spears and Tiger tanks is tame by comparison..:)
@Dropship Expecting the spin can maybe equip ppl to be cynical about what politicians say.......

Reactions: Dropship

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same about Golf. Tried playing it a few times, and thought I'd rather watch paint dry. And that was when I was playing it, LoL. :rolleyes:
Twenty years ago, my manager made it clear that playing golf with the folks we do business with was part of my job description, so I learned how to play. Now that I'm a sexagenarian, I'm glad there's a sport I can still play, albeit with more enthusiasm than talent.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Twenty years ago, my manager made it clear that playing golf with the folks we do business with was part of my job description, so I learned how to play. Now that I'm a sexagenarian, I'm glad there's a sport I can still play, albeit with more enthusiasm than talent.
@Lambano Britain's Chancellor (Treasury Secretary) once got fired for revealing budget secrets on the golf course, or thereabouts....

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I simply like to applauded good sportsmanship, no matter what the sport. However, there are some sporting endeavours that I prefer over others.