What is your gift?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God dishes out gifts do any of you know what your gift is?
And if you do know, what is your gift?
And how did you find out what your gift was?
I dont know many Christians that have a gift.
So if God is so willing to give why dont many walk in a gift at all?
Gods fault or our fault?

Last edited:

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt think there would be many replies but lets give a nother while. I put it in the debate section thinking that might attract some of you.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God dishes out gifts do any of you know what your gift is?
And if you do know, what is your gift?
And how did you find out what your gift was?
I dont know many Christians that have a gift.
So if God is so willing to give why dont many have a gift at all?
Gods fault or our fault?

All believers have a gift or gifts of the Holy Ghost.

Stranger

Reactions: amadeus

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, it is easier to list the gifts I don't have: almost all of them.
I think my only gift would fall under the physical act of serving the church, such as cleaning toilets or helping someone in a physical way, etc.
From Romans 12: 6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7. or ministry, let us use it in ourministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8. he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

I do have some mercy and giving.

But, something to note here is that a spiritual gift is a grace given to us. It is not something we work to obtain, even though we work to get better at it.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me, it is easier to list the gifts I don't have: almost all of them.
I think my only gift would fall under the physical act of serving the church, such as cleaning toilets or helping someone in a physical way, etc.
From Romans 12: 6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7. or ministry, let us use it in ourministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8. he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

I do have some mercy and giving.

But, something to note here is that a spiritual gift is a grace given to us. It is not something we work to obtain, even though we work to get better at it.
I never seen cleaning the toilets mentiond? So you merciful Ok thank you.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its a great answer if it was the question. Its a great thing that we all have a gift/gifts. the biggest pronlem very very very few walk in any gift. Thats a great shame. So lets see if we can at least agree that we dont know what our gift/gifts are. And have a look together and find out why that is so.

Ps would you like to answer the question. Thats two people so far who both never aswerd the question but have something to add apart from the question?
When I seen you posted I was so looking forward to see what you gift might be.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was not the question

It was a correction of your statement that you don't know many Christians that have a gift. As I said, all believers have a gift from the Holy Ghost. Whether you know it or not is really immaterial.

Stranger

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a great answer if it was the question.
Very good! But what is your purpose in asking what you ask? Your response @tabletalk was a bit callous. He gave an honest answer. I've cleaned enough toilets myself to fully appreciate anyone who does it. Remember Jesus worked as a servant in washing his followers feet and He also said:

"And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." Matt 20:27-28

Its a great thing that we all have a gift/gifts. the biggest pronlem very very very few walk in any gift. Thats a great shame. So lets see if we can at least agree that we dont know what our gift/gifts are. And have a look together and find out why that is so.
After you have without compassion put sincere people down and chased others away by your own ungodly spirit, who would want to converse with you on something this personal?
Think about that.
Remember that what Jeremiah wrote over 2500 years ago still applies to us:

"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23
Just knowing the Book does not mean a man does not need to be led by the Holy Spirit.

There is still a time to speak and a time to remain silent. God alone always knows when.

Ps would you like to answer the question. Thats two people so far who both never aswerd the question but have something to add apart from the question?
When I seen you posted I was so looking forward to see what you gift might be.
I do know something about the gift or gifts God has given me, but if you don't know already I won't spell the answer out for you. Ask of God. If He wants you to know, He will not refuse your request of Him.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Very good! But what is your purpose in asking what you ask? Your response @tabletalk was a bit callous. He gave an honest answer. I've cleaned enough toilets myself to fully appreciate anyone who does it. Remember Jesus worked as a servant in washing his followers feet and He also said:

"And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many." Matt 20:27-28

After you have without compassion put sincere people down and chased others away by your own ungodly spirit, who would want to converse with you on something this personal?
Think about that.
Remember that what Jeremiah wrote over 2500 years ago still applies to us:

"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" Jerem 10:23
Just knowing the Book does not mean a man does not need to be led by the Holy Spirit.

There is still a time to speak and a time to remain silent. God alone always knows when.

I do know something about the gift or gifts God has given me, but if you don't know already I won't spell the answer out for you. Ask of God. If He wants you to know, He will not refuse your request of Him.
We all cleaned toilets . Thats not your calling. Callous as YOU think or not. Facts are facts. I already stated my porpose.
Jesus never worked as a serventrcleaning poepels feet he spent ten minutes cleaning a few feet to show you how to really make yourself less than others.
You seem awfull hurt man whats up? I asked a simple question that I know most cant come back and give an honest aswer and you still never done what I asked. I dont know why you cant give a stright answer. If you dont want to why bother pisting at all. All it looks like is you are ghere to disrupt a vert good question. Maybe you are also one who cant answer as you have no gift to walk in. If thats the case dont get your knickers in a twist about my replys.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was a correction of your statement that you don't know many Christians that have a gift. As I said, all believers have a gift from the Holy Ghost. Whether you know it or not is really immaterial.

Stranger
So I am guessing like I said . there are many many chrsitians who have no clue as to what ther gift is. and it looks like both you and amadeus dont know what there gift is either.

It seems you stuggled to see the part God dishes out gifts. and the rest of the question aswell.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all cleaned toilets . Thats not your calling. Callous as YOU think or not. Facts are facts. I already stated my porpose.
Jesus never worked as a serventrcleaning poepels feet he spent ten minutes cleaning a few feet to show you how to really make yourself less than others.
I glad you understand what your purpose is. Others here do as well, but I will leave it to them as to whether they want share with you.

You seem awfull hurt man whats up?
The pain I have is what Jesus had when he wept.

I asked a simple question that I know most cant come back and give an honest aswer and you still never done what I asked. I dont know why you cant give a stright answer. If you dont want to why bother pisting at all.
You may be right. Perhaps I have already said too much, but I never like to give up hope.

All it looks like is you are ghere to disrupt a vert good question. Maybe you are also one who cant answer as you have no gift to walk in. If thats the case dont get your knickers in a twist about my replys.
Go ahead then with your very good question, but for the moment I have finished here.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I glad you understand what your purpose is. Others here do as well, but I will leave it to them as to whether they want share with you.

The pain I have is what Jesus had when he wept.

You may be right. Perhaps I have already said too much, but I never like to give up hope.

Go ahead then with your very good question, but for the moment I have finished here.
Jesus wept for people. He never done what you are doing . You are pointing out faults. Thats not what Jesus done. I dont think you are crying for my faults or lack of any kind. I dont think there is many crying for other like jesus did. He could not contain His love of people. True Love does not highlight faults in public. Love comes along side in trust and quiteness. Not with a pulic trumpet. Your hurt is not the same as Christs. Your hurt is more common like. I dont like they way he talks he needs told. Thats your type of hurt I would say as experience hes shown me to many times

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wept for people. He never done what you are doing . You are pointing out faults. Thats not what Jesus done. I dont think you are crying for my faults or lack of any kind. I dont think there is many crying for other like jesus did. He could not contain His love of people. True Love does not highlight faults in public. Love comes along side in trust and quiteness. Not with a pulic trumpet. Your hurt is not the same as Christs. Your hurt is more common like. I dont like they way he talks he needs told. Thats your type of hurt I would say as experience hes shown me to many times
If I pained you unnecessarily I do apologize, but what you have been doing here has been in public against people who I know have a love for God as well as for others. You can speak to people with kindness even when you disagree with them. None of us have all of the right answers, but all of us do need to please God. I would like for you and for me to always do that. That is my primary reason for responding to you at all.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I pained you unnecessarily I do apologize, but what you have been doing here has been in public against people who I know have a love for God as well as for others. You can speak to people with kindness even when you disagree with them. None of us have all of the right answers, but all of us do need to please God. I would like for you and for me to always do that. That is my primary reason for responding to you at all.
I dont get pained by men or women. But you responded in the same way you accused me of.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont get pained by men or women. But you responded in the same way you accused me of.
Yes, I did because it was the way you were responding to almost everyone. If you don't deserve such treatment, neither do they. Now let us both stop this and get on with God's work.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I am guessing like I said . there are many many chrsitians who have no clue as to what ther gift is. and it looks like both you and amadeus dont know what there gift is either.

It seems you stuggled to see the part God dishes out gifts. and the rest of the question aswell.

Ah, you're whistling a different tune now. Before you said you don't know many Christians that had a gift. Now you say they don't know what theirs is.

I know my gifts. It is not important that you or anyone else know.

No, I didn't struggle. I said God through the Holy Ghost gives every believer gifts. How is that struggling?

Stranger

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I did because it was the way you were responding to almost everyone. If you don't deserve such treatment, neither do they. Now let us both stop this and get on with God's work.
I dont complian about any treatment from anyone. I dont get upset buy the things that are said to me. I was called stupid today in here. It really doesnt effcet me. I asked a simple question that I knew most would not or could not answer. TT who is more that able. Said he cleaned toilets. Well the facts are . That is not a mentiond gift. So he said hes merciful I said good and thanks. But you only seen the worst. I have seen you now a few times have a little dig at me for somethings. I never said a word back to you as it does not bother me at all. But now you are ruining the tread a little. and thats not to helpfull. I wont top point out some major things about gifts who gets them but mostly why we dont walk in them. and you with this silly little distraction is not helping. Again I dont need any apology.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, you're whistling a different tune now. Before you said you don't know many Christians that had a gift. Now you say they don't know what theirs is.

I know my gifts. It is not important that you or anyone else know.

No, I didn't struggle. I said God through the Holy Ghost gives every believer gifts. How is that struggling?

Stranger
Why you even here if you want to keep it a secret?