What is your handwriting like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me first: letter vomit.
When I slow down and focus, it still doesn't look bubbly. Its very angular and leans slightly to the right. I never dot my small i's.

My big I's are just straight up and down. My words aren't smushed together or far apart. I tend to go above lines. The tops of my little e's look like triangles.

But it used to be worse. I used to write everything in all capital letters.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My handwriting is the harbinger of death for cursive.

Having spent a year working as a draftsman for an engineering firm prior to obtaining my college degree in civil engineering, my handwriting has been for the forty years since in block lettering. Few examples of my writing in cursive still exist. Those that do look neat and tidy; a reflection of my early childhood education (what my daughter teasingly refers to as “the days of the dinosaur”.)

Cursive took a major blow when computer keyboards were introduced.

Reactions: Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As an early teen when my writing was developing nicely the powers that be decided that we all had to learn to write in italic script sloping right. It was a nightmare and we got marked down if we resorted to our natural way of writing. So my handwriting today is still suffering from that and is all over the place.

Reactions: Wynona

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I couldn't write properly till I was around 12 because I am a leftie and I found that I would tilt the paper I was writing on until it was almost upside down. the letters would slant left and then to the right. My teachers couldn't read anything I wrote...then there was that strange stigma in my little community about left handed people being of the devil. :Ohpleze:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't write properly till I was around 12 because I am a leftie and I found that I would tilt the paper I was writing on until it was almost upside down. the letters would slant left and then to the right. My teachers couldn't read anything I wrote...then there was that strange stigma in my little community about left handed people being of the devil. :Ohpleze:
By dad was naturally left handed but as a boy in early 1900s he wasn't allowed to write with his left hand so he ended up ambidextrous.

Reactions: Angelina