What is your Hope?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been mediating on 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

“...be ready always to give an answer to every man that ask you a reason of the hope that is in you...” Been considering what is the backbone of Strength of Hope, and that Hope is God. Simply and wonderfully...GOD.

IS the LORD your backbone of Strength and Hope? Do you stand in Him?

Consider a hundred different ways we can fail each day or come up short.. but God does not fail or come up short. If and when God says a thing is true or makes a promise...God does not lie but ‘keeps’ the promise. Abraham believed God. lay aside for a moment: is it ‘works and faith’ or ‘faith without works’ and see God in ....there is no way Abraham knew what was foretold in His gathering wood and taking Isaac to the top of the hill. Even though it wouldn’t be until the Father of all things would gather wood and take His begotten to the hill...what God said to be true was of a certain. God’s promise was of a certain. That would be my hope...if God says it is true and a promise ...then it must and has to be so. God says to believe and know and hear what He said and promised and rather than base things off the seen...to EXCEPT the unseen.

Two words of importance: “subjection” and “yield”...

Who are you in subjection to?
Who have you yielded to?

There are two: Romans 8:20-21 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, [21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

See two there: death ...Or Life.
subjected to vanity and the bondage of corruption..sin unto death.
OR in subjection to the Father of Spirits and live...obedience unto righteousness.
Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

For the creation was subjected to “sin unto death” not willingly but by reason of Him who subjected the same in hope “obedience unto righteousness”.

Hebrews 12:9-11 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. [11] Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

God does not lie in He said to “yield” and be “in subjection unto the Father of spirits”...and Live. It is impossible for God to lie. In “yielding” and being “in subjection unto the Father of Spirits” ...in you are God’s handiwork... for after a few days chastened us...GOD for our profit. THAT ALL His children May be partakers of His holiness. Yielding the “peaceable fruit of righteousness”.

Partakers of his holiness: “the peaceable fruit of righteousness”

Regardless of whether you say ‘Faith with works’ or ‘faith without works’...Do you believe God? James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Do you believe in He who says “yield” and be “in subjection” to God the Father ... moved (removed)from subjection to vanity and sin unto death ...placed into “obedience unto righteousness: “partakers of His holiness” yielding “the peaceable fruit of righteousness.”

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Galatians 1:3-4 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, [4] Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

2 Timothy 4:16-18 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. [17] Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. [18] And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

“Yield” “in subjection” “delivered” and “will preserve”...God does not lie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Yielding” “in subjection” to the Father of Spirits and live
...or in subjection to vanity and the bondage of corruption, and die.

Romans 7:4-5 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. [5] For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

To bring forth fruit unto death
Or to bring forth fruit unto God.
Is it not the fruit unto God which overcomes the fruit unto death?

The word instructs that we will know them by their fruit: either fruit unto death...or fruit unto God. Either good fruit of the Spirit of God, or death working more abundant. The manifestation of the Spirit of God PROVES what is acceptable unto God. Consider ...what is manifested (revealed)of the Spirit of God proves what is acceptable unto God. That is sobering? If we hate or despise what is the manifestation of the Spirit..then we hate Him. Ephesians 5:9-10 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth [10] Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

The body, the children born of God are to, BY and through the manifestation of the Spirit lift up a standard...a manifestation of Christ. Titus 2:12-15
[12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; [13] Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; [14] Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. [15] These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

The glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. Look at Him. Did He, Jesus Christ lift up a standard and proclaim “this is acceptable to God.” Did He prove what is manifested of His Spirit in all goodness and truth. Do we accept it, yet hate the very things His Spirit manifest as acceptable unto God? Do we strive against the manifestation of the Spirit of God, working against and not for?

What is not acceptable to God nor a manifestation of the Spirit of God: James 4:1-3 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? [2] Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. [3] Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

What is walking in the Spirit of God as opposed to walking in the flesh and satisfying the lust of the flesh? He said: that we might all partake of His Holiness and yield “peaceable fruit” of righteousness. Is this not His will?

the “Peaceable fruit” of righteousness...to partake of His Holiness is acceptable unto God. This, the manifestation of the Spirit of God, approving what is accepted before God: James 3:17-18 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. (Hebrews 12:11)

Walk is to “walk in the Spirit”: Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Romans 4:3-5 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. [4] Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. [5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

1 Timothy 1:15-17
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. [16] Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. [17] Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Worthy of all acceptation: FOR this cause I obtained mercy...Jesus Christ might show forth all long-suffering, for a pattern to them which should here forth believe on Him unto Life...

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My hope is in God's forgiveness. My love is for his Kingdom of Righteousness where there is no diminishment whatsoever.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This day I set before you life and death. Choose life therefore that you might live.

Peace be with you!