What makes a good christian leader

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leaders lead by example. “Since an overseer manages God's household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain. Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.

Characteristics of a Spiritual Leader
  • Committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (, , ) ...
  • Growing in his walk with Christ. ...
  • Of Proven Character. ...
  • Humble. ...
  • Has a solid understanding of God's word. ...
  • Has a genuine love for people. ...
  • Has a godly marriage and family. ...
  • Commitment to the local church.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For me, a Good Christian Leader is a person who is in constant communion with God and is steadfast during times when God is silent through faith believing in God, worshipping and praising His Holy Name.

A good Christian Leader can recognise when he has sinned and understands the how and the why he has sinned and can lead by example and teaching on the steps necessary to repair the broken relationship with God so that all the relationships of the people can be restored back to God.

A good Christian Leader can recognise when corporate sin has occurred and understands the how and the why the corporate sin has occurred within the body and leads by example and teaching on the steps necessary to repair the broken relationship with God so that all the relationships of the people can be restored back to God.

Sadly, it is very difficult to find such people with this gift.

Shalom

Reactions: tsr

Kobo

Mar 11, 2021
Chicago
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am afraid there is no such thing as a "good Christian leader". Those are man's ideas, and man's ideas are not God's ideas.

20 Then Zebedee’s wife came to Jesus and brought her sons. She bowed before Jesus and asked him to do something for her.
21 Jesus said, “What do you want?” She said, “Promise that one of my sons will sit at your right side in your kingdom and the other at your left.”
22 So Jesus said to the sons, “You don’t understand what you are asking. Can you drink from the cup that I must drink from?” The sons answered, “Yes, we can!”
23 Jesus said to them, “It is true that you will drink from the cup that I drink from. But it is not for me to say who will sit at my right or my left. My Father has decided who will do that. He has prepared those places for them.”
24 The other ten followers heard this and were angry with the two brothers.
25 So Jesus called the followers together. He said, “You know that the rulers of the non-Jewish people love to show their power over the people. And their important leaders love to use all their authority over the people.
26 But it should not be that way with you. Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant.
27 Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave.
28 Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people.”

There are only followers of Jesus Christ, those who believe(are sealed in the New Covenant with God), accept and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ.