What Marriage Is..By Elijah

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
What is Marriage Most think if they have a Marriage License there married, or if they see a Man/Pastor.This is the Traditions of Men, Man cannot marrie you.
God did not Ordain Man to Marrie you. I will Show this to you By the WORD of GOD Lets Go to the beginning, When God First Made Man and Women
Gen 2:24 - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. You See? were is the Man that Marries you? Were is the Marriage License? God marries you not Man When you Leave your Father and your Mother and Cleave to your wife and you COME ONE with her, YOUR MARRIED, God Joined you TOGATHER and it is till DEATH do you PART
You are Bound by Gods LAW as Long as one or the Other is ALIVE Romans 7:2
Lets see what JESUS says about MARRIAGE! Matt 19:4- Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Matt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Jesus Goes back to the beginning telling us how we get Married Agin when you Come one YOUR MARRIED God Joined you Togather this is the Marriege of God.
Even if you Come one with a Harlot God Joins you toGather It does not Matter if they are a Christian or an unbeliever1 Cor 6:15-Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
All People Does is Marring and Given in Marriage When you go and Mess Around.
Matt 24:37-But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
If your DEFILED every time you come one you are Marrieing and Given in Marriage
Luke 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Im not Saying marriage is Bad but when Virgins marrie there is no SIN 1 Cor 7:28
Heb 13:4 - Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
When you Leave your FIRST LOVE and Marrie another you Commit Adultery, Marriage is till Death do you Part. You cannot Marrie unless the other is Dead ,Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Even if the Husband or the Wife commited Fornication aginst one or th Other, Even if you Did not Do any thing You cannot Marrie Agin or the one that Commited Fornication cannot Marrie, you cannot break Gods Law till Death do you Part Lets read what Jesus SAID
Matt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Heb 13:8
Matt 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Heb 13:8 Jesus go on Saying Mark 10:11-And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
Agin Jesus Said Luke 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
It does not Mattor who left who or Why they left , Just like when Eve ate the Fruit of the Tree Eve Told God the Serpent beguiled me to Eat , she could not excuse her Self And God still punished her, And Adam told God the Women which thou gavest me gave me to Eat and i did Eat, God Still Punished Him No Excuse.
Even John told Herod it is not Lawful to take his Brothers Wife . John Lost His Life because of thisMatt 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her.
What did Jesus tell the Women at the well?
John 4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. 17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: 18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.
Jesus Told her that the Husband she has now is not her Husband, Because she had more than one. Just like the Women taken in Adultery what did Jesus tell Her?
John 8:10 Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 , No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. Jesus told her He did not Condemne her, and he Told her to Go and Sin no more. As Long as her husband is alive she cannot marrie She is Bound to Gods LAW Romans 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. The bible Says if she Marries wile he is Alive she will be Called an Adulteress. If he is Dead she is no Adulteress
Romans 7:2 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress:
but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Agin Gods word says the Same 1 Cor 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord. Most will not except this Saying 1 Tim 5:11 - But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry; 12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor 6:9-10
Some ask How can we Repent. All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. Matt 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. This is Why The Deciples Said if this be the Cause it is better not to Marrie

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Just to remind me, that even though what I'm about to say it's NOT God's intentions at all, but God divorced Israel (his wife) because of her adultery. (Jeremiah 3:8) So no, divorce itself is NOT a sin.

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
B]He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. [/B] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.Matt 19:8-9 When you Put Away Your Wife or Husband, and you Go out and Marrie Another wile the other is ALIVE, you Do commit Adultery,Matt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Heb 13:8

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Elijah_101;63841)
B]He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. [/B] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Matt 19:8-9 When you Put Away Your Wife or Husband, and you Go out and Marrie Another wile the other is ALIVE, you Do commit Adultery,Matt 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Heb 13:8
You forgot these important words.Matthew 5:32 - But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.And also remember that adultery is not an unforgiveable sin. God forgives ALL regular sins.

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
I know what you think...That if you get a Divorce and you Marrie Again God Forgives you,What you are not Understand is, ,So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress Romans 7:2 And if the Husband Marries Agin wile his Wife is Alive he Commits Adultery.
So as Often as they Come one They Commit Adultery
Matt 24:37-But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Heb 13:4 -(( Marriage is honourable in all )), and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.Matt 19:11
Matt 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake.
He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Elijah_101;63846)
I know what you think...That if you get a Divorce and you Marrie Again God Forgives you,What you are not Understand is, ,So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress Romans 7:2 And if the Husband Marries Agin wile his Wife is Alive he Commits Adultery.
So as Often as they Come one They Commit Adultery
Matt 24:37-But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Heb 13:4 -(( Marriage is honourable in all )), and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.Matt 19:11
Matt 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake.
He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marryI understand, but you obviously have no idea what I think. Besides, I don't think you understand that once you ask God sincerely in your heart to be forgiven, He forgives and never remembers the sin. It acts like that sin never existed.Matthew 24:37-39 is relating to a different topic, but same sub-topic. So it doesn't count.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Divorce is not the unforgivable sin, while God hates divorce it can be forgiven upon repentance. And once God has forgiven one the slate is wiped clean. Put away is referring to being put away ... without a certificate of divorce. Marriage is sacred to God and should not be taken lightly. God uses the idea of marriage both in spiritual terms and physical (between man and woman). So care must be taken when looking at these verses

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. 15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.1 Cor 6:13-20As Long as your Wife or your Husband is Alive, and you be Married to Another you shall be Called an Adulteress, Only Death can do you Part
What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. As Often as You Come oneYou are Marrieing and Given in Marriage Matt 24:37
Now how Can God Forgive you, Because you are Still Commiting Adultery?Were is the Repentance?Wile you be Married to Another mans Wife or HusbandJohn Died for this Cause, do you think God will make His Word VoidMatt 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife.For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her.
But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. 33 A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away. Prov 6:32-33
and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. Matt 19:12 All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given. Luke 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
We are not allowed to judge a single sinner at all. (Matthew 7:1, Luke 6:37, John 8:15) but only righteous judgement which are their fruits. (Matthew 7:16-20, John 7:24, I John 4:1)Do you ever stop to understand what we're trying to say? Or are you going to keep running your mouth, trying to condemn one?

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
What is Scripture? Have ye not Read For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
2 Tim 3:16-17 Who is True Man , Says that you Can Remarrie, That God Forgives you, Just Confess Daily, You will be ok ....As it is Written, The Word of God Tells us, that as Long as the Other is Alive and we Marrie Another They DO Commit Adultery....As Often as You Come one you are Marrieing andGiven in MarriageWho is the Liar, Man Or God?Who Can Save you? Mans Words or Gods Words?yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is writtenRomans 3:4 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.Matt 7:15-20yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is writtenRomans 3:4 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.Heb 13:8

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Yes, you can know them by their fruits if one can rightly discern between good and evil. Where does scriptures say that we man can judge a soul and comdemn them to Hell? And where does scriptures say that we can know a man's heart?One more thing, God has 2 wives, Israel whom he divorce, and Judah whom is Israel's sister.

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
For a Example SOme one came along and asked, a Preach, Saying im Divorced can I Remarrie, The Preachers Says Of corce you can, All you got to Do is Ask God to Forgive you and thats It,So the man Goes home not sure if what the Preacher told him was true, He gets his bible and Starts Reading it, comes to Find out what the Preacher said, and what Jesus Said Is Two different things, the Preacher says its alright to Marrie agin, And Jesus said if you Put away your Wife or Husband and you Marrie Another you do Commit Adultery,Let no man Put AsunderSo we Know that the Word of God is true And The Word of Man is a LiarSo by the Word of God he Knows that Preacher is False

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
That doesn't answer my two questions.1. Where does scriptures say that we man can judge a soul and comdemn them to Hell?2. Where does scriptures say that we can know a man's heart?

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
By the WORD of GOD says that if you Divorce and Marrie Agin you DO Commit AdulteryGod Sends people to Hell not me , Jesus Spoke the Word if you Divorce and Remarrie you COmmit Adultery know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.1 Cor 6:9-10 (

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Elijah_101;63864)
By the WORD of GOD says that if you Divorce and Marrie Agin you DO Commit AdulteryGod Sends people to Hell not me , Jesus Spoke the Word if you Divorce and Remarrie you COmmit Adultery know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.1 Cor 6:9-10 (
So you can't prove that we can judge a person and condemn them to Hell. This is why I'm so proud to say that God is the only Judge I have to worry about. No man is my Judge.BTW, I don't believe in Burning forever in Hell doctrine either.

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.Col 1:28-29 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.Luke 15:10

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Many of your verses are met Only in a spiritual sense if we commit adultery with another God As for a physical marriage we no longer live under the law we live under Grace there fore upon repentance for our deeds that may have caused a divorce. We are forgiven unless you can show divorce as the unforable sin. No matter how many scriptures you quote it doesnt matter. THE LAW OF GRACE through repentance trumps everything. To say differnt is plain to undermine the fact Christ died for our sins he doesnt say some sins he doesnt say I'll forgive you for murder and not divorce.There is spritual marriage to Christ that is spoken of that when you worship a false god you comit spirtual adultry. To understand thats as literal is takeing it out of context.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Elijah_101,I have a couple of questions for you to answer, then I will answer your posts. When Christ died on the cross what happened? :study:When did grace start? :study:What happens when we repent of our sin? :study:

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
You Judged your Own Self saying , you Married another mans Wife, This is Why Jesus said ye shall know them by there Fruits, By your Words The Word of God Judges you.Jesus tells us that if you Put a away your Wife or Husband and Marrie another you do commit adultery,And if any marries them that are Put away they commit AdulteryDo ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3*Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 1 Cor 6:2-3 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 1:14-16

Elijah_101

Nov 8, 2008
(tomwebster;63868)
Elijah_101,I have a couple of questions for you to answer, then I will answer your posts. When Christ died on the cross what happened? :study:When did grace start? :study:What happens when we repent of our sin? :study:
Read my Topic Grace and Sin thanks