What millenials think of Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was looking around for articles about millenials and how they view Christians/Christianity/Church....

I picked this one to share
7 Types of Christians Everyone Knows & Hates - Recklessly Alive
:oops: Now don't be the first one to reply and claim you aren't or have not been that kind or you will let everyone know which kind you are...Hehehe

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I need some participation here...lol

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My first impression was that the writer was restating the seven churches in the beginning of Revelation (but I haven't gone on to confirm that).
full

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but in the eyes of a millennial as you keep reading he describes christianity.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like Sam Eaton needs to read the "Don't Judge" blog then Luke 18:9-14 and learn not to broadbrush. :)

He stated this after one of his judgmental rants:

"Others see them as pretentious, aloof, and annoying af..."

Now, what does "af" stand for? :eek:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like Sam Eaton needs to read the "Don't Judge" blog then Luke 18:9-14 and learn not to broadbrush. :)

I don't know...I am one of the 7 I guess.
Honestly I can admit I am still lacking in walking in perfect love and grace.
His point was to bring it to the churches attention of how much of a turn off we create for them. They don't want what we have. :oops:
So the article is satirical.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was looking around for articles about millenials and how they view Christians/Christianity/Church....

:oops: Now don't be the first one to reply and claim you aren't or have not been that kind or you will let everyone know which kind you are...Hehehe
I read quickly through each one, but one thing I did not find is the definition of the word you used: millennial. What is a millennial?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read quickly through each one, but one thing I did not find is the definition of the word you used: millennial. What is a millennial?
Kids born since 2000..or even a few years before 2K

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a rubbish article by a person who doesn't understand Christianity.
LOL..this response is described in his 7 types of Christians....you are proving him right instead of wrong...just saying.:)

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is an alternate name for Generation Y.

Millennials - Wikipedia
Thank you!
Wow! It seems that further ahead I get, the further behind I get. All of these years and this is a new one to me. I was thinking maybe it had to do with one of the tribulation beliefs that people are often discussing here. Hmmm?
Communication!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, he's showing his "colors" a bit too much there.

I will give him credit for being pretty humorous, though. This one made me laugh:

"The Wierdo:

This religious type appears most frequently when you bring someone to church for the first time. They are hyper-focused on anything that would make an outsider uncomfortable especially speaking in tongues, exorcisms, obsessive talk of Satan and/or making eye contact while standing at concurrent urinals. During worship it is guaranteed they will do something completely bizarre like chant, scream, frolic, and/or harmonize a tri-tone under the melody."

LoL. A little humor and decent writing in Christian circles is a little refreshing... but he does need to stop using obscene abbreviations. Someone may write a piece on him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I think the article is about what bothers him about fellow believers. :) There are many more categories that could be added in...but aren't.

And a lot of this has to do with how somebody seems to be compared to how they are being perceived. So then a rebellious Christian who is corrected could see the person who is doing the correction as a "know-it-all...or a "holier-than-thou. And it comes from having an unteachable and rebellious attitude which is the MOST prevalent attitude of all in the modern church...yet not listed. Coincidence? I think not! What caused God to reject the people in the wilderness? Does God still count?

Hmmmm....what does that say about the author? ;)

And many of the so-called genuine but flawed believers today that he seems to think he belongs to...are actually just new-agers who seek to appear loving even as they are enemies of the cross.

Christianity is about holiness and truth...and people HATE holiness and truth. So that is reflected in the article. What people care more about is presentation. How something seems to a person on the carnal level.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good article, but I like this one myself...

59 Percent of Millennials Raised in a Church Have Dropped Out—And They're Trying to Tell Us Why

Once you end teenhood and become an "adult" the ministries end. At the time where teens are finally stepping into the place of leadership as an adult, the focus is gone. All of a sudden millenials are "adulting" expected to be the new generation of leaders in the church, etc. And well many go off to college and things. I am one of the few millenials at my church. Luckily, I fit in well with Generation X, but sometimes I feel like a ministry for just millenials just getting married/parenting for the first time/eager to really minister in church, but really wasn't part of a youth group much in teen years...is overlooked. Suddenly leadership is given to the older or the younger. And the ministry millenials do get involved in...it be nice to have a "wing man" on. Not just set loose. Easy to get burned out.Then there are millenials who just come to seek God, and find they have no one to relate too. Why? Most at this age go to college and never come back.