What Should A Person Do If They Miss The Rapture ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You're not going to miss any so-called 'Rapture', simply because there is NO pre-tribulational rapture of the saints written in God's Word.

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(KJV)

Our gathering to Christ Jesus is for AFTER that tribulation He taught us about. The events some call 'The Rapture' are actually about the events of that Matthew 24:30-31 verses. Apostle Paul taught it in 1 Thessalonians 5, with Christ coming as a thief on the Day of The LORD. Peter also marked that time in 2 Peter 3:10. Paul again showed it in 2 Thessalonians 2 and 1 Corinthians 15, and 1 Thessalonians 4.

All... those Scripture examples agree with Christ gathering His Church AFTER... that tribulation, not before it. Those teaching the "Left Behind" ideas instead believe it's going to happen BEFORE that tribulation. It's not.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word rapture is not in the bible... But caught up is! We are warned in scripture over and over again that that day will over take us as a thief and for us to be ready for it to happen at any moment and at any time.

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
The word rapture is not in the bible... But caught up is! We are warned in scripture over and over again that that day will over take us as a thief and for us to be ready for it to happen at any moment and at any time.
The day will overtake us? 1 Thessalonians 5:4 says otherwise.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare

[font="'Charis SIL"]This is supposed to happen before the tribulation? [/font]

What good is studying scripture when you've already made up your mind on what it's going to say?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Can they still receive Christ if they are left behind ?
As long as you're a living, breathing human you can repent and find eternal life. There is a "rapture", which is nothing more than the catching away of holy ones at the Lord's return and first resurrection. But Pre-Trib Rapturist's have confused tribulation with wrath. Everyone will go through tribulation. The Lord's return and first resurrection occur just before the pouring out of wrath. It comes as a thief in the night only to those who are asleep, i.e. the lost.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
The 'great tribulation' has, in my opinion, already started. Last year was amongst the worst in the way of global disasters and there were certainly wars and rumours of wars. These were 'just the start of the pangs of distress' that Jesus warned us about...all courtesy of those ruining the Earth. Now is the time to make sure we have sufficient righteous strength to ensure we are following Jesus Christ's, accurate word, as this tribulation bears down upon us.

If we get it right we are going to get through it...if not, we will be sucked into the mayhem that disbelievers will be. Reread what to expect and know that others will try to wrestle your strength from you to support them too, whilst they have been laughing at you as you were trimming your lamps..Reread exactly what Jesus told us to do for our salvation because salvation is offered to those who can by-pass the forth coming disasters by faith. Just quietly and calmly walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and know that resurrection is on our side.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those left on earth during tribulation are bound to be one wicked bunch,...

And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. - Rev 16:9

And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: - Rev 9:20

And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. - Rev 11:10

Remember God cannot destroy where there is righteousness afoot. I refer to the story of Lot where God could not destroy the town until he was safely out of harms way. This is why I am pre-trib. I cannot believe that God would let these plagues fall while there is still righteousness on planet earth.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Remember God cannot destroy where there is righteousness afoot. I refer to the story of Lot where God could not destroy the town until he was safely out of harms way. This is why I am pre-trib. I cannot believe that God would let these plagues fall while there is still righteousness on planet earth.

You're confusing the trumpet judgments with the phials of wrath that are poured out after the first resurrection. Christians will be here during the 7 trumpets just like the Israelites were in the midst of the plagues in Egypt. The 7th trumpet announces the resurrection and subsequent day of wrath on the ungodly.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. - Matthew 24:27

They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. - Luke 17:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO8Y0vvWT0

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My bible says that Jesus Christ comes as a thief. If a Christian is ready for it to come at any moment and at any time he has no worries. This is bible... There are plenty of instances of this in scripture.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the majority of people that make up the Body of Christ are not going to experience the rapture - they will all be fine

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Jump for joy! Then go back to work in the field.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
If the topic assumes the rapture and tribulation in a certain order/existence please, trolls, resist the temptation to try to derail the thread with "there is no such thing..." blah blah blah...

That is not the point, you look a fool (even if you are right), and the constant bickering you cause is a nusance and eyesore.

If you don't subscribe to a particular dogma or teaching...

BUT OUT!!!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian

Jump for joy! Then go back to work in the field.

Amen and Amen...just a better chance to tell more people about Jesus...

If the topic assumes the rapture and tribulation in a certain order/existence please, trolls, resist the temptation to try to derail the thread with "there is no such thing..." blah blah blah...

That is not the point, you look a fool (even if you are right), and the constant bickering you cause is a nusance and eyesore.

BUT OUT!!!

Darling maybe you should try to follow that advice...not nice at all...

Blessing

My bible says that Jesus Christ comes as a thief. If a Christian is ready for it to come at any moment and at any time he has no worries. This is bible... There are plenty of instances of this in scripture.

That is the key, be ready at all times...I am still not too sure there will be a rapture like the one that is taught in church...Still looking and seeking the truth in the Word...

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Who should I, I subscribe to the doctrine, not the trolls posters who don't and want to derail the thread.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

BUT OUT!!!

I will post on any forum I choose to post on. Your But's the eyesore.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BUT OUT!!!

LOL - ok Andy - God forbid we follow your trolling ways......you've proven yourself 80% troll since you started posting here.