What should I do to give my girlfriend a meaningful proposal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joerg

Apr 1, 2022
United Kindom
Faith
Christian
Country
Azerbaijan
My Christian girlfriend is very much expecting me to give her a perfect wedding, and then I don't know how to make her like it now.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My Christian girlfriend is very much expecting me to give her a perfect wedding, and then I don't know how to make her like it now.
Your post is not very clear. There are two different things under discussion: (1) your proposal of marriage to her and (2) your arranging a "perfect" wedding (in an imperfect world).

1. Before getting to the proposal stage, you both should have a frank and honest discussion about your beliefs and values, and whether you both are committed to a marriage "till death do us part". Divorce should be ruled out completely. If you both are Christians, you might want to meet with your pastor or an elder and talk about your plans and beliefs also. You both should be on the same page to begin with.

2. You should also honestly assess your financial ability to be the main provider for your home and family. If you are still a student, you would be better off to delay the wedding until you both are ready to set up a home. Being students and also being married is not a very desirable situation, since there is too much stress.

3. If you are ready to move ahead, then you should select a suitable engagement ring and propose marriage. But before you do that you should meet with her parents and let them know something about yourself, and that you wish to marry their daughter, and would like to have their blessings.

4. Weddings are expensive, and you both should sit down and plan everything well ahead of the date. If you have sufficient cash saved up (or inherited) then by all means have a well-planned and well-attended wedding. If you both can share the expenses, then there's nothing wrong with that, although it is usually the bride's family which arranges the wedding.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Lambano