What tempted Satan?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worship. He wanted to be like God. The bearer of light wants to be the light.
Satan's splendor was unmatched. This is a unique place in heaven. To be created above all others in heaven. Most godlike.

That is what tempted him to sin I think. That only God was greater than himself.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What tempted Satan?

...”his own” true thoughts in heart tempted him, and he trusted those thoughts, while full well knowing the truth, that his thoughts were AGAINST God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everyone interesting answers.

The Le Satan had a choice, freewill, it seems considering what most people have written.

I tend to say he was tempted by the darkness that lead to his fall.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everyone interesting answers.

The Le Satan had a choice, freewill, it seems considering what most people have written.

I tend to say he was tempted by the darkness that lead to his fall.
tempted by who/what before there was sin and the fall ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know honestly what tempted him, however something doing did.

You know this Bible verse,

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Perhaps Satan and been tempted by that darkness, and thus from being with in and away from God when cast out of heaven, evil has be stern up with in Satan.

Thinking about all of it makes me feel the need to get every form of scripture pertaining to him, and give a fuller picture of the devil, he was the accuser of people who didn’t do right, he was the arbiter of death for people and had been placing people into Sheol, he had the title deed to earth when he tempted Jesus in giving him the world if he just bowed down.

I believe that also Adam and Eve had the capacity to go against God as we see it and wouldn’t that be from the darkness the temptation of desiring something else besides God?

I don’t know everything and can only speculate.

thank you for your comments and have a good night.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What tempted Satan?
I'm hesitant to answer this because I am unaware of anything in the Bible that tells us what tempted Satan, but after looking at one of the other answers, I think I would offer this: I think Satan wants us all to worship him. Evidence of this is when he told Jesus to worship him (Matthew 4:1-11).

Reactions: MatthewG

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What tempted Satan?
Free will.
and it all comes together when one understands what Jesus is talking about to the Devil.
The Devil desires to have, but it's not his to have in reality. but the Devil is just only a titch. a delusional deception tempting one, who is not Saved.

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my opinion, it was the lack of satisfaction. Nothing was enough for him. He was made perfect, but it wasn't enough. He could not find "personal-fufillment".

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are your thoughts on any of it, Chris?
We know for sure it was not God. It somehow originated within his own being. The bible does not say. But we can be assured it was not God.

James 1:13
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.

Reactions: MatthewG

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Satan fall from heaven?

Satan fell because of pride. He desired to be God, not to be a servant of God. Notice the many “I will...” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15. Ezekiel 28:12-15 describes Satan as an exceedingly beautiful angel. Satan was likely the highest of all angels, the anointed cherub, the most beautiful of all of God’s creations, but he was not content in his position. Instead, Satan desired to be God, to essentially “kick God off His throne” and take over the rule of the universe. Satan wanted to be God, and interestingly enough, that is essentially what Satan tempted Adam and Eve with in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:1-5). How did Satan fall from heaven? Actually, a fall is not an accurate description. It would be far more accurate to say God cast Satan out of heaven (Isaiah 14:15; Ezekiel 28:16-17). Satan did not fall from heaven; rather, Satan was pushed.got ?

hope this helps !!!