what to do if you are worthless ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you say me it !
To God there is no such person. Before accepting what Jesus brought, that is, Life, we were dead in the eyes of God. Once we have met Jesus and received Life, we are certainly equal in the eyes of God no matter any man may think.

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal 3:26-29

Reactions: Wynona

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To God there is no such person. Before accepting what Jesus brought, that is, Life, we were dead in the eyes of God. Once we have met Jesus and received Life, we are certainly equal in the eyes of God no matter any man may think.

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal 3:26-29
I would up the ante amadeus and say we are so valuable to God that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
We definitely aren’t worthless inspite of our thoughts accusing us.... and not only our thoughts but the constant assault by the evil one who wants us to believe our case is hopeless.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would up the ante amadeus and say we are so valuable to God that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
We definitely aren’t worthless inspite of our thoughts accusing us.... and not only our thoughts but the constant assault by the evil one who wants us to believe our case is hopeless.
Even so...!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are feeling worthless, a lot of times you may feel better by working on yourself or doing the things you say you will do.

Sometimes, when we know we ought to do better, we lack confidence. Follow through on your goals and commitments.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you are feeling worthless, a lot of times you may feel better by working on yourself or doing the things you say you will do.

Sometimes, when we know we ought to do better, we lack confidence. Follow through on your goals and commitments.
@Wynona; In the end it's not about introspection but about focusing on the worthiness of the Lamb of God, isn't it? :)

"...Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5.12)

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona; In the end it's not about introspection but about focusing on the worthiness of the Lamb of God, isn't it? :)

"...Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5.12)

I believe that's one aspect of feeling worthy, yes. We have a worthy Creator so we are worthy.

But practically speaking, sometimes its natural to feel unworthy. If I have an addiction to unhealthy food, for example, and its ruining my life.

Introspection would be trying to just tell yourself to feel better in your mind. But Id say, actively work on the food addiction and make healthier choices over time so the feelings of worthlessness go away.

Its hard to feel worthless when you are actually achieving something--- even if all you do is get out of bed and take a shower.

If you just laid in bed all day, Id argue that you'd be acting worthless, so then feeling worthless would naturally follow.

LTJMP14

Aug 25, 2021
Southeastern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who thinks they are utterly worthless have come to the right conclusion. Now, let me tell you about the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for people like you and me...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Anyone who thinks they are utterly worthless have come to the right conclusion. Now, let me tell you about the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for people like you and me...
@LTMP14 This is basically the point I was making to @Wynona about it really being for the need to see the worthiness of the Saviour, Whom we so need...

Reactions: LTJMP14

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Imbibing the narrative of worthlessness hamstrings our ability to see we are loved.

The prodigal only saw his value as a possible servant but the Father without hesitation ran to meet him while he was still a long way off....he furnished him with a designer suit and Italian shoes, a ring and a party to end all parties.

When I see myself my confidence fades but when I see how I am seen, hope and love and obedience is generated....God’s verdict of me outshines the verdict I have of myself.

.....and we can ask, why did Jesus craft this story of the prodigal Son? I will with confidence say it was to convey that God’s view of us is infinitely more compassionate than the view we have of ourselves.

....or, do we prefer the view of the older brother???

Reactions: lforrest

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe that's one aspect of feeling worthy, yes. We have a worthy Creator so we are worthy.

But practically speaking, sometimes its natural to feel unworthy. If I have an addiction to unhealthy food, for example, and its ruining my life.

Introspection would be trying to just tell yourself to feel better in your mind. But Id say, actively work on the food addiction and make healthier choices over time so the feelings of worthlessness go away.

Its hard to feel worthless when you are actually achieving something--- even if all you do is get out of bed and take a shower.

If you just laid in bed all day, Id argue that you'd be acting worthless, so then feeling worthless would naturally follow.
@Wynona On the subject, a word study of the word 'worthy' can be refreshing; reminds me of Revelation 5.12: "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing."

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
can you say me it !

Hmmm. There are some bad people out there; the Hitler's, Stalin's and Pol Pot's of the world, and more recently the Muslim strong men, such as Bin Laden and Assad, but even these are valued by God, according to the Christian consensus. It is said that angels rejoice most noisily when such as these repent. So unless you are a serial axe-murderer of innocent children, I don't think you have much to worry about. It sounds as if your time of testing has yet to occur, and might never come to pass, but I think you will never be worthless to God.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am valuable...because God says so. Isaiah 43:4
It took the sacrifice of God the Son, on the cross, to buy each one of us back.
I think of how it must've felt to have crude iron spikes hammered through His hands and feet. And then to hang on them. And the rest.
The Son had always been with the Father. Until He came to earth.
I must be worth more that the universe! And how many me's are there?
No wonder He did it.
We are fearfully and wonderfully made.
But it took God Himself, at great sacrifice, to save us from our depravity.
Our value is in His love for us.
What an awesome God we have!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am valuable...because God says so. Isaiah 43:4
It took the sacrifice of God the Son, on the cross, to buy each one of us back.
I think of how it must've felt to have crude iron spikes hammered through His hands and feet. And then to hang on them. And the rest.
The Son had always been with the Father. Until He came to earth.
I must be worth more that the universe! And how many me's are there?
No wonder He did it.
We are fearfully and wonderfully made.
But it took God Himself, at great sacrifice, to save us from our depravity.
Our value is in His love for us.
What an awesome God we have!
The value of a soul is immense but by nature we are totally unworthy....

Reactions: Truman and LTJMP14