What will heaven be like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will we be reunited with family and friends when we go to heaven?

• I agree with the above statement

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • I don't agree with the above statemen

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven for the Christian will be a place of glorious life that will never end. Joy inexpressible, limitless peace, pure love, beauty beyond description—that’s what heaven is. Greatest of all will be the presence of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, with whom we will enjoy fellowship forever. Loved ones who have known and loved the Lord will be there. Revelation 21:2 says, “And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

“Heaven will be what we have always longed for. It will be the new social order that men dream of. All the things that have made earth unlovely and tragic will be absent in heaven. There will be no night, no death, no disease, no sorrow, no tears, no ignorance, no disappointment, no war. It will be filled with happiness, worship, love, and perfection.

However, the Bible makes clear that there is only one way to heaven, and that is through repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ who said, “I am the way …” (John 14:6). Jesus paid for our sins through His death on the cross. God offers us the free gift of friendship with Him in this life and eternal life in heaven when we die if we will but turn from sin and trust in Jesus as our Savior and Lord. “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved …” (Acts 16:30)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With respect to the above poll that you have set up, many people, if they are being truthful, will not be able to cast their opinion as many of us do not know or have formed an opinion on the basic question being asked.

For me the question is trivial and I have better things on which to "waste/spend" my time on and this question is not one of them.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes but I believe it's much much more than just earthly friends and family, I believe we will be united in peace and harmony with all who have received Jesus into their lives.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my Father's house are many mansions. I go and prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

I never been in a mansion.
Scratch that...
This is the meaning of Mansion according to strong's..

a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode
to make an (one's) abode
metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I don't know what heaven is. All I know is that as long as we are together...
that's home.

Hugs

Reactions: Waiting on him

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

IOW, we cannot imagine what eternity will be like for God's children.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

IOW, we cannot imagine what eternity will be like for God's children.
Let alone tomorrow :)
Hugs

Reactions: kcnalp

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They who go to Hell will not have what they who are in Heaven. Somewhat like missing the boat and out in the cold or in as they say the hot motel. such will bring grief to the Soul and the Soul can not be destroyed.

One who is lost is a blight on the world. now Jesus pointed out about the mill stone story.
One who is enlightened knows of the position of they who are not and that's why they wish to bring them to Christ Jesus so that they will have life abundantly, now such is not coming from a carnal perception, the carnal can not see past worldly things as such a fool is under delusions. they are all about their own ego and their own pride, look what I have done ? it should be look what Christ Jesus has done for me and all. it's all about abiding in the Vine and bearing fruit in Jesus first and foremost in our lives and when our earthly life is done then you were worthy of God and not a blight or a curse on others Soul.
Bring in the sheep bringing in the sheep we shall live forever bringing in the sheep. The Vine ?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the meaning of Mansion according to strong's..
Strong's was trying to be strictly literal (and many of the modern bible version have eliminated the word "mansions"). But when everything is taken into account, there will definitely be mansions for the saints in the New Jerusalem. After all God has reserved an eternal heavenly inheritance for each of His children.

The New Jerusalem is a cubic city 1500 cubic miles in dimensions. And no one really knows of the splendor of this city of gold. So if everything about the New Jerusalem is in terms of heavenly gold and precious stones, mansions fit right into that framework. And they are probably far more splendid than anything seen on earth.

However, we can conclude from what David said about his child who was taken from him, that we will meet with our saved loved ones in Heaven. David was a prophet and here is what he said: While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me. (2 Sam 12:22,23)

Young children, infants, and babies go directly to Heaven when they die. God has made provision for them through the blood of Christ.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strong's was trying to be strictly literal (and many of the modern bible version have eliminated the word "mansions"). But when everything is taken into account, there will definitely be mansions for the saints in the New Jerusalem. After all God has reserved an eternal heavenly inheritance for each of His children.

The New Jerusalem is a cubic city 1500 cubic miles in dimensions. And no one really knows of the splendor of this city of gold. So if everything about the New Jerusalem is in terms of heavenly gold and precious stones, mansions fit right into that framework. And they are probably far more splendid than anything seen on earth.

However, we can conclude from what David said about his child who was taken from him, that we will meet with our saved loved ones in Heaven. David was a prophet and here is what he said: While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live? But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me. (2 Sam 12:22,23)

Young children, infants, and babies go directly to Heaven when they die. God has made provision for them through the blood of Christ.
I really believe you can be two places at the same time. Both physically and spirtually.

I have a hundred verses running through my head.....
I'm thinking... John could only write in words that he saw with his eyes.
I don't think we will find words for it either.
I don't see gold and precious stones.. I see whiteness, pure.. your not only in it, you are a part of it.
I don't see walls that surround... it's limitless
Won't it be awesome...
Praise God
Hugs

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not planning on dwelling in heaven, since that’s not where God is spending eternity.

Hint: Revelation 21 and Zechariah 14:16-21.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not planning on dwelling in heaven, since that’s not where God is spending eternity.

Hint: Revelation 21 and Zechariah 14:16-21.
It's amazing isn't it.
Heaven on Earth...
think about it...
Hugs

Reactions: Azim

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven on Earth..

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

The earth clothed with heaven.... paradise... Eden
Seperation.. And the morning he called Day and the evening he called Night.
Light seperates from the Darkness.
Heaven's clothing is removed and the earth becomes naked.
Flesh/mortal...

When the Kingdom comes... we will be clothed with white robes of incorruption and immortality.

Heaven on Earth
Death clothed with Life
Victory

And Everything that God made was good.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Somewhere between the 7th and the 8th day, the darkness (death) crept in.
An enemy hath planted tares among the wheat.

And on the first Day God said: Let there be Light.
And Jesus got the Victory!
I don't believe Babel fell in a day.
There is a taking down and a building up happening at the same time both physically in the world and spiritually in people all around the world.
And it's increasing. The bricks and mortar are begiing to fall apart.

Imagine one day just standing somewhere, anywhere, and Heaven is descending over the earth.
And as it comes down everything is clothed in Heaven.

wouldn't that be amazing
Hugs

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't offer a scriptural reason for believing this, is simply a conscientious determination. That parents whose children were not old enough to make their own decisions for Christ, and who die, are sanctified by their parents faith and will be reunited, the parents being able to raise that child in the perfect atmosphere of heaven and the new earth.
I even hold a slight hope for my dogs.

Reactions: amadeus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't offer a scriptural reason for believing this, is simply a conscientious determination. That parents whose children were not old enough to make their own decisions for Christ, and who die, are sanctified by their parents faith and will be reunited, the parents being able to raise that child in the perfect atmosphere of heaven and the new earth.
I even hold a slight hope for my dogs.
And would it follow then that those young children whose parents were Not sanctified by their parents' faith would receive the same final negative result as their parents?

See my thread here on the subject of this post to avoid derailing this thread:

Children (and dogs)?

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really believe you can be two places at the same time. Both physically and spirtually.

I have a hundred verses running through my head.....
I'm thinking... John could only write in words that he saw with his eyes.
I don't think we will find words for it either.
I don't see gold and precious stones.. I see whiteness, pure.. your not only in it, you are a part of it.
I don't see walls that surround... it's limitless
Won't it be awesome...
Praise God
Hugs
We are the mansions in which He dwells. John the Baptist saw it and the man who wrote Revelation.

Lively Stones.
1 Peter 2:5 KJV
[5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

HUGS
We are new creatures. The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, and I’m speaking of the world the new creation which foundation was laid at Calvary. This is also what’s being referenced in the Genesis account.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are the mansions in which He dwells. John the Baptist saw it and the man who wrote Revelation.

Lively Stones.
1 Peter 2:5 KJV
[5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
In my Father's house are many mansions.

lively stones...

Lively: zaō
verb
to live, breathe, be among the living (not lifeless, not dead)
To enjoy real life
to have true life and worthy of the name
active, blessed, endless in the kingdom of God

living water, having vital power in itself and exerting the same upon the soul

Stones: lithos
líthos, lee'-thos; apparently a primary word; a stone (literally or figuratively):—(mill-, stumbling-)stone.
metaph. of Christ

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones G3037 to raise up children unto Abraham.

Mat 4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones G3037 be made bread.

Command that these stones be made bread.
I wonder if he was speaking of the lively stones or the lifeless stones.

Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. G3037

dash thy foot against a stone... a stone of stumbling?

Mat 7:9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? G3037

Bread and stone ...

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone G3037 which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

The stone which the builders rejected is the same as the manna in the wilderness. The bread from heaven.

Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone G3037 shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

This Stone, this bread, this truth. WHoever falls on it shall be broken.
The breaking of and sharing of bread. We share ourselves.
But whomsoever Truth shall FALL upon, he shall be milled like chaff from the wheat.

I just seen this... comparing lively stones to the stones in which the temple in Jesus' day was constructed.
Thinking Pharisees, Saducees, High Priests..etc..

Mar 13:1 And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones G3037 and what buildings are here!

Mar 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone G3037 upon another, G3037 that shall not be thrown down.

Act 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: Waiting on him