What will I do to them?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Always putting folks in remembrance of the things of GOD is A GOOD THING .

Yes - but remembering the "things of God" is not what we are preaching!! A religious spirit will try to get us to focus on the "things of God" so long as we don't turn to Jesus Christ our Lord God!!

Things can be made idols of! So, we are not turning back to the "things of God", but rather we are actually turning back to God!!!

If you think love is a good thing, then turn back to God because He is love, but of us Jesus said, "If you being evil..." Yeah - I know how to give a good gift - and Jesus Christ is the gift!! Have we not read the only God is good? So if I want to help someone by giving them a "good gift" or a "good thing" I am pointing the to Jesus Christ!!

So as I result, I don't tell people to "Go to church", but instead I point them to Him and He can tell them to "Go to church"

I don't tell them "Read Your Bible", but instead I point them to Him, because I remember the first words He told me which were, "Read Your Bible". So, He can and surely will tell them that.

Therefore, while I like the things of God, like the church and the bible, and while I know He points them to things of His, I am not "Always putting folds in remembrance of the things of God" - instead I am telling people to remember that He is always with them, so they can talk to Him and hear from Him. So I am not religious - religion being man's understanding of God - I am zealous for Him who speaks to me. I know that if He will speak to me He will certainly speak to others also. So I point people to God and not the things of God!!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already listened, Already Heard, Already Elected by Freewill Choice.

Josh 24:
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

VERIFY what you hear, what you are told.

Act 17:
[10] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

IF what you hear, what you are told, IS NOT ACCORDING TO GODS WORD...DO NOT jump onboard in SUPPORT thereof.

Matt 4:
[19] And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

IF you are Oppressed, Hated, Outcast, Rounded Up, KILLED...
FOR NOT SUPPORTING the “teachers, the leaders, the whatever you want to call them”....NO PROBLEM...
IF above all things YOU HAVE ELECTED the Lord God IS YOUR MASTER.

Matt 24:
[9] Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mark.13
[13] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Luke.21
[17] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

[QUOTE="Karl Peters, post: 1421814, member: 10659"]I don't see a verse with an explanation from you in support of what you think - and nothing from you that you give credit to Him who you are supposed to be hearing from. Yet I do give support and explanations to support what I did hear from Him!!

Just look at the OP is shows you are wrong in what you assert. I opened up with the following two lines quoted below:

WRONG ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY?

The simple reason for that is the Jesus Christ is "God's Word" and He is not the Scriptures!!

Uh, LOL. Who said Jesus “is the Scriptures”... ??

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the problem with the following statement? "Already listened, Already Heard, Already Elected by Freewill Choice."

The problem is that "already listened is not the same as listening"!

So when we read "Hear, O Israel!" it is an instruction for listening and not "Already Heard"!!

Now only Jesus Christ is the Word of God, meaning that only He does and says only what the Father tells Him, but we need to have the attitude that we are going to try and listen to Him, and not have the attitude that we "Already listened, Already Heard, and are already Elected by Freewill Choice!"

Paul goes over this"

Phil 3:12-15 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;

Paul did just know the Lord, he knew the Lord and continued to press "for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus".

"Call" is something Jesus Christ does. He calls to you, and the day He calls you is "Today"

So, if you start telling yourself that you "Already Heard" then you are not seeking to hear from Him "Today"!! That is a problem!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the problem with the following statement? "Already listened, Already Heard, Already Elected by Freewill Choice."

The problem is that "already listened is not the same as listening"!

So when we read "Hear, O Israel!" it is an instruction for listening and not "Already Heard"!!

Now only Jesus Christ is the Word of God, meaning that only He does and says only what the Father tells Him, but we need to have the attitude that we are going to try and listen to Him, and not have the attitude that we "Already listened, Already Heard, and are already Elected by Freewill Choice!"

Paul goes over this"

Phil 3:12-15 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;

Paul did just know the Lord, he knew the Lord and continued to press "for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus".

"Call" is something Jesus Christ does. He calls to you, and the day He calls you is "Today"

So, if you start telling yourself that you "Already Heard" then you are not seeking to hear from Him "Today"!! That is a problem!!

Ignorant and petty.
Either you have HEARD, And acted upon what you HEARD, or you haven’t.
IF you have ACCEPTED AND COMMITTED to what YOU ALREADY HEARD, REALLY? You are required to “CONTINUE” accepting? “CONTINUE” Committing?

Are you one of those who HEARD you could VOTE in an Election...and VOTED over and over and over?

You should have understood...I Heard the Lords Offering, Accepted and Committed to the Lords Offering......DONE DEAL!

That DOES NOT mean I am required to REPEAT that scenario.
Neither DOES that mean I Do not Hear other things the Lord says!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - but remembering the "things of God" is not what we are preaching!! A religious spirit will try to get us to focus on the "things of God" so long as we don't turn to Jesus Christ our Lord God!!

Things can be made idols of! So, we are not turning back to the "things of God", but rather we are actually turning back to God!!!

If you think love is a good thing, then turn back to God because He is love, but of us Jesus said, "If you being evil..." Yeah - I know how to give a good gift - and Jesus Christ is the gift!! Have we not read the only God is good? So if I want to help someone by giving them a "good gift" or a "good thing" I am pointing the to Jesus Christ!!

So as I result, I don't tell people to "Go to church", but instead I point them to Him and He can tell them to "Go to church"

I don't tell them "Read Your Bible", but instead I point them to Him, because I remember the first words He told me which were, "Read Your Bible". So, He can and surely will tell them that.

Therefore, while I like the things of God, like the church and the bible, and while I know He points them to things of His, I am not "Always putting folds in remembrance of the things of God" - instead I am telling people to remember that He is always with them, so they can talk to Him and hear from Him. So I am not religious - religion being man's understanding of God - I am zealous for Him who speaks to me. I know that if He will speak to me He will certainly speak to others also. So I point people to God and not the things of God!!!
all of this is mere human reasoning . Peter and paul both continously put the church in remembrance of the things of GOD .
Most folks just dont like THE REMEMBRANCE . Know what i mean my friend . They just dont like the biblical reminders .
Anyway , i think i shall double down on all reminders in that bible . have a good day now .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignorant and petty.
Either you have HEARD, And acted upon what you HEARD, or you haven’t.
IF you have ACCEPTED AND COMMITTED to what YOU ALREADY HEARD, REALLY? You are required to “CONTINUE” accepting? “CONTINUE” Committing?

Are you one of those who HEARD you could VOTE in an Election...and VOTED over and over and over?

You should have understood...I Heard the Lords Offering, Accepted and Committed to the Lords Offering......DONE DEAL!

That DOES NOT mean I am required to REPEAT that scenario.
Neither DOES that mean I Do not Hear other things the Lord says!

The difference between taking the attitude you heard verses you are trying to hear from the Lord is absolutely not petty, and shows ignorance in thinking it is. It is actually what Paul wrote to the Galatians about! As already pointed out; The attitude that Paul explained not to have, and thus not the attitude that he obtained by following the Lord. It sadly is often that attitude people, even some leaders have, which causes us to separate ourselves from God and thinking we are fine in doing so. It is even that attitude that leads to turning back to trying to live by trying to fulfill the Law by our best efforts, or worst yet by trying to twist the law to what we want. Which is why those looking to bet power for themselves often occasionally reference that God spoke but not that God speaks.

Still, this is not exactly what this thread was about, though it is a reason behind our leaders coming into judgement. So, I take it to another thread, like the Lord asked me to do this morning during my time with Him.