What would you do with this guy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So a local guy who is drunk comes to me in a very aggresive manner and says where is your God were is He. He then goes on in front of 4 or five of my friends (who were all brought up in church and have a very healthy respect for God.) to say God is **** God is blah blah yada yada.So I says well you are intitled to your opinion. Now a couple of years ago the guy did the same thing but I turned on him and told hin in no uncertian terms to shut his mouth and He got a fright. But This time I nevr feel for it I never got involved and I let him say what ever he wanted. I told him I am not offended and will never be again, as I am growing into Christ daily. So over the years this has happend about five times. I have come to expect it and on any occasion he has drink in. I live in a small village and do you to the pub as my friend owns it. So I see the guy sometimes. One time the time when i let him say what he wanted, I saw him the next day. So I made it, that he could not get past me bye getting in his path. He stopped and said I owe you an apoligy. I said no worries and proceeded to tell him what I believe and why I left the church that i went to for over 20 years. He ate humble pie and listend just fine. Then off he went. So what would you do with this guy. He past me today and I was building a deck on the beach front for a friend. And along comes the guy. going for more drink early morning. I see hes limping. He was not limping yesterday. So I asked can I pray for you, he and all the village know what I believe because of the amount of people I prayed for. So I said exactly this so people can learn how we pray and why I am not talking to God.
I commaended the pain to go. I commanded the mucle tisse,ligaments and blood cells to be whole and healed in jesus name. and with in 2-3 seconds he was saying God almighty, Jesus Christ. and a few swears for good measure. He was instantly healed. Did god know he would take His name in vain? Yes. Di dGod know he would cuss ans swear? Yes. And God still healed him. So what would you have done with this guy and the guy in your life like him?
God loves him and Jesus laid down His life for him We have one right and one only. And that is to love. So one sows one cares for and another reaps.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not a single reply. No glory for God here no Amen nothing and 25 views so 25 think nothing of it. I know two think I am a liar as they have openly said it. I dont know was it to boring guys? Not sure what you need to move you to compassion here. Yall dont know how to deal with this kinda thing? You have an awfull lot to say any other time. Why would anyone want to share a testimony here with you. Someone is gonna be awfull.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 27
2 Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
A stranger, and not your own lips.

In other words, it's not nice to toot your own horn. If you're not getting praises, maybe what you're doing is not praise worthy.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I ignored you in the forum tools. For the very obvious reason. mainly you have nothing positive to say ever,So I have never seen any thing you posted in a little while now. All I see is the silly monkey picture.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just read this OP , had not noticed it before. Great testimony. Agree, God is bigger than this man swearing a bit, Glad that God had you in the right place at the right time.
It is said that a wise man makes his enemy his friend, ...this guy may end up being one of your best friends! LOL
I think God has a sense of humour. :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is a freind just has God with a drink in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I ignored you in the forum tools. For the very obvious reason. mainly you have nothing positive to say ever,So I have never seen any thing you posted in a little while now. All I see is the silly monkey picture.
um, you positively should not be tooting your own horn?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
where am I tooting my horn? Its called a testimony
ha i guess you would be better served to present it to someone you trust and get their opinion then, but i tell you in all honesty that the post was pretty self serving, and you were glorified in it.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ha i guess you would be better served to present it to someone you trust and get their opinion then, but i tell you in all honesty that the post was pretty self serving, and you were glorified in it.
break it down and show me. I trust you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
break it down and show me. I trust you.
thing is i am biased here, untrustworthy iow, so what i would do here, even just as a mental exercise, is to rewrite the story from the 3rd person, and do not ID the miracle worker as yourself, and see how this affects your opinion. The point is that i am not--cannot--(be) claiming that you are aggrandizing some event that occurred, but that the story is better told by the drunk guy or in the third person.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
thing is i am biased here, untrustworthy iow, so what i would do here, even just as a mental exercise, is to rewrite the story from the 3rd person, and do not ID the miracle worker as yourself, and see how this affects your opinion. The point is that i am not--cannot--(be) claiming that you are aggrandizing some event that occurred, but that the story is better told by the drunk guy or in the third person.
How about just doing what I asked and do with it what ever you like. You made tha accusation . So why cant you just back it up. Should be easy.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How about just doing what I asked and do with it what ever you like. You made tha accusation . So why cant you just back it up. Should be easy.
well i would see it as an outside perception rather than an accusation. i am certainly not qualified to comment upon your walk; the comments are restricted to the impressions gained from reading the post.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well i would see it as an outside perception rather than an accusation. i am certainly not qualified to comment upon your walk; the comments are restricted to the impressions gained from reading the post.
You already did qualify yourself so stop contradicting your self. So do like I asked and point out where I was elevating myself. you seem to be struggling. If I made the accusation towards you it would only ne if I could back it up. and it seems you are wrong again? If you cant back it up that would be twice and I would struggle to take you serious from here on in. But that its up to you not me.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
but dude, really you just elevate yourself in the post, it's as simple as that
See your little fan club agrees but cant add any thing to it as you cant either. Dear dear I get better from people in the pub.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, i certainly have no reason to needlessly denigrate you ok but i can also testify that the op seemed self serving. it is merely an observation, from at least two different outside perspectives, so do what you want to with that

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See your little fan club agrees but cant add any thing
Oh I could add a lot, but what would be the point? You've exposed yourself. No one needs to say anything, you've said it all. Your confrontational towards anyone who doesn't give you kudos.

We're not the problem. It's your debate etiquette. It's missing from your behavior.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
See your little fan club agrees but cant add any thing to it as you cant either. Dear dear I get better from people in the pub.
apparently not, or you would have sought someone more trusted as i suggested, i mean yikes already. At some point strangers are certainly better, as no friend has any desire to tell bad news, and we, or i at least, would have been as quick to praise as to critique.

All you can get is our opinions, anyway, take them or leave them imo. What's wrong with telling the story in the third person, removing yourself from the equation? The central theme then becomes clear, yes?

Reactions: Job